Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daily Event Suggestions
pha001 Offline

Daily Event Suggestions

I was sifting through the latest fad from warp portal's website and I came across this post where I thought might be interesting. I myself think that this might be an interesting thing to do because for one I am an inspring environmental artist myself, and two, because there are map assets that no one visits at all, which in my mind feels like it takes forever to develop and make available to the players. Anyways, enough with the ranting, here is my idea (credited to Official Ragnarok):

Have weekly experience and dorp boosts on random maps, which are subject to change.

i.e.:
week #:
1~2% map fields/dungeons from Rune-Midgard, map fields/dungeons from Schwarzwald Republic, map fields/dungeon from Arunafeltz, map fields/dungeon from from one of the islands traveled to by Alberta, Izlude, Hugel Dock(s).

week 1:
Mount Mjolnir Map Fields, Einbech Dungeon, Veins Field Maps, Turtle Dungeon

week 2:
Geffen Fields, Yuno Fields, Somotology Laboratory, Amatsu Field

and so on...

My theories for having such an event is for the following:
-Promote the exploration aspect of MMO
-Adds variety to leveling routines to kill that boredom encroaching upon one's failing physical and mental health after each monster that has been slain
-Spicing things up with parties!

This is rather intense scripting and I would see why it wouldn't be implemented here (rag dev team must be big...), but it would be nice to see something rather than an overall experience and drop boost because players would just flock to those overrated leveling areas, right?
04-21-2012 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Daily Event Suggestions

I'm always a fan of making players go to different dungeon/places, I try to do it with quests and such, but doing it with exp incentive could work too, thanks for sharing.

I'm not currently seeing how I could automate this but I'll let it sit in my mind maybe something will turn up. Doing it manual is also a possibility, just requires to be doing it regularly, which can be straining but still doable.

We do have something coming up that differs from this but may have a similar effect, I'll hint that it has to do with the healer, exp and items.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-22-2012 02:23 PM
pha001 Offline

Agreed, it is just a suggestion and whether it happens or not is solely up to the HeRO dev team, but event = intrigued >_>
04-22-2012 05:08 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to the concept, although i think manually altering them would probably be the best way to ensure it was done right - but this might be more trouble than it's worth.

THREAD HIJACK: B> WEEKLY RESETS along with the rate-adjustments etc Icon_twisted

oh, and yea although i love how you've let the server get some extra rates for a prolonged time due to the calendar events some time back, what say we make a month dedicated to lure new players in by giving them a higher exp rate (same drop rate tho)?
We could make a big thing out of it and really focus on advertising the server the whole month for some quick fresh influx of newbies Ok

W
04-23-2012 05:50 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

@ Main thread

I like the idea of promoting certain areas with higher exp rates. I remember seeing several times on the iRO wiki that they highlight a certain group of quests, like Rachel's, Lighthalzen's or even the ones in lonely ol' Hugel.

@Hijack

I've played a game where there were backups every week before. Very stable. Then they decided to do it monthly =_=;; You can guess what happened.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
04-23-2012 07:05 AM
retaxis Offline

easier way todo same thing is have a turn in style quest that requires a loot from certain mobs that drop it 100% in area's, the hand in just changes easy week.

for example.
week 1 hand in
100xFig Leaf(269z ea, total=26,900)
or
68xTassel (399z ea, total=27,132)
for a reward of something similar to 10x blank card hand in?
week 2 different items, could be whatever although I would try to keep monetary values of hand ins similar, like I did above.

Similar effect, easy implementation (well considering you have quests like it automated already, ToH item trial anyone?)

win win situation :D.
04-23-2012 11:40 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Hmm... Or maybe instead of zeny, do it as a Level req'd repeatable quest with an exp reward that can only be finished x times per day per account? Most people that would do rep quests would be to gain experience or a reward. For example:

Apples x100 for lvs 1~15 for.... 1k exp or so?

The amount would vary, as would the level requirements and the exp gained for each kill. Icon_biggrin~

Test & Dev | Wiki
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
04-23-2012 02:44 PM
retaxis Offline

yeah you got the drift of what i mean but with a poor example Icon_razz.
apples would not promote new area exploration silly Icon_biggrin.

basically what I am suggesting is a simplified version of the monster hunt that has a smaller risk:reward ratio and is repeatable.
I think weekly changeover would be best.

I kinda dislike putting a limit on it though because that would just mean people do their hand in, then disappear as opposed to hanging around the map that week (which was the point of the suggestion in the first place).
Giving a reward ratio similar to the blank card hand ins would be enough incentive for people to try out the other zones.

example,
say 10x blank cards is worth what ~100k at the moment.
you just make it so the 'tassel' or whatever item you choose hands in at about 50k worth of them per hand in reward (double reward as incentive for doing it).

If this is not making sense just ask me for more info, I'll lurk thread for like a day or 2 then get disinterested, sorry.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 04:38 PM by retaxis.)
04-23-2012 04:33 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Hey, it's an example lol. It could be something that's not quite 100% to get people away from hillies, thors.. etc...

Test & Dev | Wiki
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
04-23-2012 05:24 PM
retaxis Offline

could do...
but I'm not really sold on the hand in for exp reward, as exp is a finite reward (after you maxed out it has no use).
Although you could have it with multiple reward options.

eg. hand in npc says "what would you like for your reward? *rewards are scaled for level*"
with options being:
base experience.
job experience.
random reward.

secondly I'm not sold on the limited hand ins per week, as limited hand ins does not make people switch areas. They go there for 10 mins get the hand in and go back to leveling in normal spots.

The funny thing is, this whole idea is basically already implemented in the form of the monster extermination quest. Its just waaaay too restrictive to make it worthwhile 99% of the time.
(who wants todo first 2 parts to find out the 3rd part is a inaccessible to them or worse, run out of time)
04-23-2012 05:49 PM