Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few related Suggestions
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

A few related Suggestions

My first suggestion would be to ban marketing (B/S/A/PC>), Guild recruiting and party recruiting from main. It's annoying to see the same things spammed endlessly throughout the entire time I'm grinding, especially when I want Main for entertainment during a long and painful card hunt.

My 2nd suggestion (which could be potentially used as a zeny sink) is to add an NPC in each town that'd send out broadcasts, mainly for the Types of advertising banned in the previous suggestion.

Specifically, I'd like the party recruitment to ask for??very general party roles, like??Healer, Buffer, Tank, Damage dealer, or distraction; or search purely by level. I feel this along with the next suggestion would help cut down on??"Class-ism", where people would Deliberately??deny you into a party purely because of your class, regardless of whether or not you can do the job, as well as??add more diversity to the places that are partied at. While it won't eliminate it entirely, since if you know people either through your guilds or being friends with them, you can still set up an organized (or not) party at brainless like always with the same general classes as usual.

Might cause people to think outside the box more often since you don't know what you'd get for your party.

My 3rd Suggestion is to remove @who2. @who can stay,??you can still see who I am, what party I'm in and what guild, but I don't think people really need to know what my level and class is at all times. Also might help cut down on being denied a party purely because of my class. Party leaders can still ask people what their classes are.

Basic Recipe for a Successful Party in MMO's is 3 fold
Healer<>Tanker<> Damage dealer

There is MANY different ways to do this. Melee damage dealers are Generally the tank, and lacking another class to specifically a healer, healing items can be a substitute. An ME priest can heal and Deal damage, and a Crusader can tank (and also Heal). And then there's the standard full support priest, a knight tank, and a wizard damage dealer.

RO sorta cheats and throws in??a whole buncha support classes that make life a heck of a lot easier, but??are by no means necessary (despite peoples objections to not having bragi or SP batteries.)

I mean, technically, you could have a full party of rogues/stalkers and still get the job done. Magic stalker (storm gust), Bow stalker (Pew pew), Full support stalker (heal or ressurection copied with Evil druid) Lure/flee-tank stalker. Backsliding and your stalker flee's makes it a decent lure (with practice). And if anyone needs SP or HP, there's that one Passive skill that never gets taken advantage of that lets rogues with the skill sit next to each other and non-boss monsters won't attack them.

Main reason I want??Marketing off main is the spam, but I also believe it'd benefit heRO's economy. Not being able to Price check things would?? Force the population to either think about their product or what they want, and check out the competition/sellers already out there. True this would put a whole lot more power in the hands of the vendors and @whosells

Next Suggestion would be to put a time limit on how long the game keeps autotrading vendors logged in. I'd think 2 days would suffice, but I've heard some people would prefer a week.??This would force the sellers to price things more fairly, in an attempt to move their products instead of the "Gouge the prices and??Let it rot there for eternity, they'll buy it eventually" Approach that our current market employs.??It'd also add a chance to refresh (read restock) what we see being sold, and??give us a more realistic count on what our server's population is.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2012 04:33 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-25-2012 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE: A few related Suggestions

ad the last suggestion: not to mention it'd elegantly get rid of those annoying placeholders..

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
04-25-2012 04:53 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

On first, is turning main off not easier?

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
04-25-2012 06:15 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??A few related Suggestions

Seth~ Wrote:On first, is turning main off not easier?
Turning off main blocks out the stupid drama and general idiocy that I desire.?? That one suggestion paves the way for all of my other suggestions. As well as the fact I like to occaisionally help noobies who ask on main for something specific rather than "Can a GM PM me pls?!?!"
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2012 07:39 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-25-2012 07:05 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 on the vending time limit, but not for everything else...

less PC on main as well as less marketing info on main (how many ppl are selling/buying stuff) means more information assymetry means even more ridiculous pricing and more ppl getting less than what they are due.
and your workarounds seem to need much more work (scripting, etc) than it's worth.

as for ppl being rejected to parties, if anything imho @who2 makes the process faster so that all involved can move on in a timely manner (rather than have 4 ppl meeting up in nameless then disbanding because the structure wont work)...

not that i agree with the amount of class-ism there is, but let's face it - if you wanna party then you better be efficient. Otherwise just do what i do - spend most of your RO life doing things solo so that you can enjoy things without having anyone else slow you down or hampering your fun...

W

PS: and yes, if you ever decide to make a just-for-fun (read: non-essential) char, then you should be deriving fun in and on itself, so don't expect to get a party
04-26-2012 02:59 AM