Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battle Grounds
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Battle Grounds

The wiki page is still a Blank WIP page, so I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask about it. We've had battle grounds here on hero for a good while now, and I've still not participated due to lack of info on the thing.

Appearantly,??our BG is like a PVP setting with 2 teams instead of the official events (which everyone wants). But Is it a team survival thing where the last team standing wins? or is it a timed match where the team with the most people standing at the end of the match?

How are points awarded? Is it awarded on the kills you do? Just for participation? How long you survive in the thing? Or just your teams win? How many points could you potentially rack up in each round of BG?

Are there any skills that are restricted like in a GVG setting (assumptio, basalica and icewall don't work, Shadow Jump and shadow slash are nerfed to hell), is there knock back?

What sortsa classes are lacked from a typical BG fight???Aside from the glorious Combo, which items are the best rewards (in terms of usefulness)?

Should I treat it like WoE where??everyone SHOULD have potions and act like I have better things to do than??heal someone, and??buff my party/debuff the enemy, or should I treat it like a typical derping around type event?
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 03:19 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-02-2012 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: Battle Grounds

Its a team versus team setup, minimal of 3 vs 3 (however it will be changed into 2 vs 2 as a minimal soon) with a max to 6 vs 6? (however i'm not 100% sure about this, haven't had a busy BG in a while where i joined).

How you win is pretty simple, you either kill everyone of the opposite team or you simply have more players walking around alive then the other team (example team 1 has 2 alive, team 2 has 4 alive = team 2 wins) before time is up (10 minutes per battle), fights can end in a tie as well if both teams have the same amount of survivors in the end.

Points are awarded by teams, your teams wins is 6 points as a reward, a tie is 3, and a lose is 1 point. You also gain experience depending on the said situation with of course winning = more exp, this is both base and job exp.

Not 100% sure about the skills, i know backslide is disabled in BG as far as i know.. i don't really know about the rest honestly, my class doesn't have to pay attention to those things :x

Classes switch alot, sometimes its a "whoever gets the killer wins" situation, sometimes its balanced, sometimes.. well don't even get me started about sometimes.

As for gears as rewards, i'd say depends on class and what matches your 'needs'.

And yes threat is like WoE, assume everyone has and uses pots, if they don't, feel free to yell to them, really do it. Personally i see BG as something serious and i know alot of people are pretty pissed off when you show up as a non trans, go afk, don't pot or simply leech off points in a PvM build while others do the hard work.

I hope this answers some of your questions at least.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-02-2012 04:04 PM
Fabre Offline
Novangel

you make 100k exp and 1point, for loosing-x3 for tie, x6 for win. it is based on as a team, not the individual-and it costs 50k or a bg key per entry, imo glorious set suxs, its just the basic set. i recomend checking ea. and every item on rms-and find the ea. piece that works for your build. i too wish all the items were just somewhere explained, so i dont have to alt tab one item at a time.

ive noticed that basically its woe rules in the restriction department, high jump doesnt work-im bg though.

no class matters in bg, not really the teams are chosen at random, and since you have to take what can use the item your workin for, eventually all the classes will be in there, atm we have too many monks too many stalkers, not enough priests.

and most times its mainly a derping around event- just pay your dues go there get your points, once you get all the gear you need then care about the seriousness, also i wouldnt recomend wasting more money on pots and foods, 50k is already enough for such an event imo.
luvs

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
05-02-2012 04:23 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Short a sweet: WoE style without Emperium. 10 minutes to kill the other team, the team with more people standing wins. (Aka WoE reduction, WoE bans [such as endure, backslide, no pushback, ice wall, phen card, etc]).

Win = 6 points, 600k EXP base/job
Lose = 1 point, 100k EXP base/job
Tie = 3 points, 300k EXP base/job

BG gears/items are account bound. You can only get specific gears if you get points on specific class... Aka you want BG katar, you must BG with Assassin. (BG gears cannot be transfered, not even with the help of GM [?]).

Requirement: must be lvl 89+, 50k per entrance (or BG key like Fabre said). Minimum of 3 vs 3 and maximum of 7 vs 7 (thus, 14 players can participate at once... anything else left ouside). Teams are random, odd numbers = some players left outside. Like Fabre said, next reboot will add repairman and participants number will be Min: 2v2; Max: 12v12.

I hope I covered everything...
ps: there are some bugs, such as Key user isn't 100% in, you might not get points if you die, etc...
05-02-2012 04:55 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

bg gears will never be transferable even with gm service

bg also follows all of the woe mechanics rules. assump is 1/3rd damage, not 1/2, anything disabled in woe is disabled in bg, the damage reductions, all that

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
05-02-2012 05:40 PM
Tets Offline

RE:??Battle Grounds

Fabre Wrote:imo glorious set suxs, its just the basic set.
lolll

Fabre Wrote:also i wouldnt recomend wasting more money on pots and foods, 50k is already enough for such an event imo.
Fabre Wrote:and most times its mainly a derping around event
lolll i wonder why

kik
05-02-2012 06:06 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

As long as they didn't change anything in BG (I'll be surprised if they did), high jump is working (playing SL is so much fun), assumptio is allowed only in preparing phase, afterwards only KE. Backslide is off, and you all made me very confused about knock back, but from the top of my head JT never pushed me around.
Most people get killing classes for BG (WS, SinX, as far as i saw only 2~3 creas throughout all BGs i was in) or supportive (HP). There could be more Stalkers for fun and running naked, more Soul Linkers to dodge asuras and laugh like mad, also there are very few archer classes. At least when I'm there that is >.>
Aside from glorious set people mostly get rings, medals and black belt, as far as i know (not counting class-specific weapons)

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
05-02-2012 11:29 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

There.

More than enough info for a luckyyyy little player to go fill out the BGs wiki page. :D

Dingdingding!

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

05-07-2012 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply