Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orcus Dungeon Feedback
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Orcus Dungeon Feedback

Post here your feedback regarding Orcus, what do you think of the dungeon itself? The monsters, the mini's and the MvP?

Personally so far (only been here once) is that my biggest issue so far is the lag you get at certain places of the map. Not sure whether that is because of certain skills or just the map itself but this is really annoying.

The lag makes it so that your mouse, your movement and pretty much everything is so slow your kinda doomed.

I'm curious about that other think of the dungeon.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-04-2012 08:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

RE: Orcus Dungeon Feedback

The GM explained the lag is due to graphics issues because of stacked lights and its usually only when you are near three other areas that the stuff begins to lag. Nothing a good internet, only good graphics card, can do for you.

I don't have much problem with it besides I seem to be under geared and bout 4-5 hits killed me each time. Then again so many people its hard for priests to keep track of everyone needing healed and buffed. The other problem is the black tiles but that can be fixed from scrolling out far enough.

Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
05-04-2012 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

I got la in your same points, Kittie.
I killed 2 orcus (on 3 summoned in events), so I know very good the tactics.
The mini-bosses are easy to kill, just for one need Medusa shield.
For the three new monster.
Mane, the blue imp, tank a lot but him damage isn't high.
The blue blazer is annoying: the damage is very high and he froze a lot (next time will use marse+valk+water potion).
The beholder is bastard: ghost, use pneuma on herslef, ranged atk and has magic mirror. Can't use a lot of dispell, because need gemstones for LP versus Orcus, so give me Mistressi card ?_?

Is Hard the dungeuon, but is better: easy is boring.
Please adjustice the map: I lagged a lot and can't see portions of map

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
05-04-2012 10:05 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Suggestions:
1- Lower the amount of monsters... they shouldn't be "mobbed";
2- Orcus should only start healing with 700k hp, not at 2m;
3- His loots should be better, like the boots should give +10% max sp/hp instead of 5% (considering the time and exp lost for killing him, if the loots aren't attractive, no one would bother killing it);
4- Maybe the mini-bosses location should be ON the way to orcus, and players should not make "detour" to fight them;

Thumbs up:
- Good thing Orcus doesn't port when trapped/webbed... it would make it impossible to kill!!
05-04-2012 10:50 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE:??Orcus Dungeon Feedback

Draco Wrote:The GM explained the lag is due to graphics issues because of stacked lights and its usually only when you are near three other areas that the stuff begins to lag. Nothing a good internet, only good graphics card, can do for you.
We will ask the map designer to simply remove the spotlights for a future update to fix this.

ChaosPrince Wrote:Suggestions:
1- Lower the amount of monsters... they shouldn't be "mobbed";
2- Orcus should only start healing with 700k hp, not at 2m;
3- His loots should be better, like the boots should give +10% max sp/hp instead of 5% (considering the time and exp lost for killing him, if the loots aren't attractive, no one would bother killing it);
4- Maybe the mini-bosses location should be ON the way to orcus, and players should not make "detour" to fight them;

Thumbs up:
- Good thing Orcus doesn't port when trapped/webbed... it would make it impossible to kill!!

Don't bother mobbing a lot of them, the mobber won't support many monsters at once. I mean't them to be hard to mob dozens at a time. They got high exp and can be killed in little packs.

Orcus heals up to 99%, all the time, while IDLE.

For the whole map, which is huge, there are 70 Mane, 20 Souleater and 20 Lifedrinkers.

The boots are slotted, unlike Variant Shoes. If they had 10% life, they would completely overcome Variant for many classes as it could give just as much life and more defense (upgraded). For champs, if there's 10% sp + Sohee Card, they're the top champ boots.

Orcus uses other skills when rudeattacked.

cane 33 Wrote:Mane, the blue imp, tank a lot but him damage isn't high.
The blue blazer is annoying: the damage is very high and he froze a lot (next time will use marse+valk+water potion).
The beholder is bastard: ghost, use pneuma on herslef, ranged atk and has magic mirror.

I did a few adjustments during the event, which take effect on next reboot:

I lowered the MDEF of the Mane, which is the common levelable monster there.

I lowered the Souleater's SG to level 1. I noticed how he used it and how it did hurt. That monster has a lot of INT and I didn't mean SG to be his main player-killing weapon.

I meant the Lifedrinker to be a bastard Icon_biggrin

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
05-04-2012 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Wool+Tidals already beats Variants for defense / HP. So does Diabolus set for the most part.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-04-2012 10:17 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@azure: tidal + wool give 10% bonus HP and variant gave 20%
how could they beat variant?

and def wise... variant is only 1 piece equipment, why bother comparing it with a 2 piece of a set?
05-05-2012 03:22 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Tidals have a slot, variants don't. Tidal/Wool+Green Ferus = +21% HP (b/c of +1 vit from G.Ferus). Variants = +20%.

Variants @ +0 = 3 DEF, the more you upgrade the less HP you get. Tidals are also 3 DEF, Diab Boots are 4 DEF - you can upgrade either as much as you want and still get max HP bonus.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-05-2012 05:20 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

variant got SP bonus and variant dont..
if u said we aren't including the sp bonus in the discussion, then might as well not to put card on it as well..

and for the dia set, u need dia mant to be as good as variant (HP wise)
but with variant u can grab a proxy as garment which will gave more def (7% all elemental bonus including neutral?) and more bonus (sp stuff)
05-05-2012 07:35 AM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

@ CP
ChaosPrince Wrote:I like it, well balanced... and seeing the "extra" stats are obtainable only via the "combo", it makes it even more balanced.

I'll just stick to the Bradium Rings[1] Icon_wink.

What happend with this....

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
05-05-2012 07:48 AM