Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RO on a Mac.
Zeena Offline

RO on a Mac.

I know I pretty much already made a post about this in the Introductions thread, but I thought it might be a good idea to post about it here too.

Hi, I have a Mac and I'm trying to play heRO. I have purchased CrossOver and am currently attempting my best to do this on my own, but I have very little knowledge on all of this.

I am going off this guide so far: http://unreserved.eu/documents/how-to-pl...-os-x.html

But I'm having trouble with the first few steps. I downloaded it, however, I don't know how to extract it, unless that's what it's already done. I've gone on to step 2, but when I try to find the RO client installer when I choose the "installer file," the heRO icon is grey and I am unable to click it. Either that, or I'm looking at the wrong file.

I already paid for CrossOver, and unfortunately it was a little more pricey than I imagined. I hope someone can help me, so I didn't just waste my money. Please! I'm desperate. You'll get a nice treat in-game if this all goes successfully, I promise. Thank you.
05-20-2012 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nekene Offline

RE: RO on a Mac.

It seems to be already extracted from your description, but I could be wrong. Could you post a screen shot and I'll see what I can do to trouble shoot it. Some other options for running RO on a mac would be Wine and boot camp, just to make it easier.
05-21-2012 01:11 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Well, the cheapest, easiest and most practical solution would be NOT to buy mac but too late for that.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
05-21-2012 10:21 AM
Zeena Offline

I actually got to download heRO, but after the installation created the new folder, CrossOver says that "The 'Installing Ragnarok Online' task failed." I'll post a screenshot. At this point, I am around step 8-9 in the guide.

http://i48.tinypic.com/35knbdw.png
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2012 01:34 PM by Zeena.)
05-21-2012 01:32 PM
Nekene Offline

It seems that the Visual C++ package might not have fully installed. Not too sure about it though. Can you actually start up the patcher? If not then you probably have to retry the installation process. I'll try to look up some of the common problems in the mean while.
05-21-2012 07:11 PM
Zeena Offline

I already patched heRO. I'll show you in this screenshot.

http://tinypic.com/r/sd1vmf/6

I don't know what's wrong.
05-22-2012 03:06 AM
Nekene Offline

So it's patched, and can you start it up?
05-22-2012 01:29 PM
Zeena Offline

Yeah. I can get to the log-in screen, but it always fails to connect to server.

And I know it's the correct login and password, because I can login just fine on the control panel.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 01:43 PM by Zeena.)
05-22-2012 01:37 PM
n3xus Offline

keep trying. i've ran into login problems lately and so have a few others. sometimes i can even pick a character before i get disconnected again.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
05-22-2012 11:01 PM
Deimos Offline

If you have successfully run it on Mac, would you mind make a guide for it? Especially solution of the problems you have encountered.
The guide provided by crossover always lead me to that VC++ problem too, but this was long time ago, I decided to use bootcamp instead xD
05-23-2012 12:16 AM