Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: Hello

How does the GM team decide what to prioritize? Is it all by vote, or does it depend on each individual GM, or what?

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-15-2012 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

RE:??Hello

demishock Wrote:How does the GM team decide what to prioritize? Is it all by vote, or does it depend on each individual GM, or what?

Pandora is the lead of us all, so she points us where she would like us to go, and then each of us have our own freedom within that.

There are some things that are handed to us by Pandora and we get told that we need to work on them, others are things that we say, 'hey, I have an idea and would really like to work on this' and get the okay or no from Pandora. The scavenger hunt and the most recent LvD events were under the 'hey I want to do this' category.

The only speed bump that I can see right now, is that the GM team can all agree what we need to do, and we're trying to do it, it's just not all of us have the knowledge needed to do it. I'm talking about SvN updating. We want to do it, but I know, at least for myself, that I have no clue at all when it comes to SvN updating, so I work with what I do know.

If anyone knows how to do SvN updates, how to implement our oodles of customs into the SvN, wants to lead the test of it, AND WILL NOT BACK OUT OF IT AFTER THE FIRST MONTH, please send in a legitimate GM application because you would become the hero of HeRO to both the player base and GM team if you did this.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-15-2012 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Have GM's got any plans to make either a renewal server using the current heRO data or even just a new server with the mechanics or even eventually flipping this server to renewal? :O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-15-2012 02:46 PM

Renewal questions are still on the "no" category when it comes down to it

Our big goal is to update SvN's first before we even worry about renewal.

From what I understand the biggest problem with renewal is the need for a reset, which as we all know will never happen, so that's why it'll never go to our server. At the same time, as for opening up a second server, just for the HeRO customs to be on a second server isn't likely to happen because then it would be splitting what player base we do have in half, or some other fraction, instead of keeping what we do have together, so we're not planning on splitting it multiple ways through that either.

09-15-2012 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

The GM meeting happened tonight, and there was great discussion about the server and what we're going to be doing for the next month, but that's not nearly as fun as some of the random things that we said. Here's a few good quotes from the GM meeting tonight.

Radiance says-
Her schedule has been changed thirteen ways from caturday
Pandora says-
XD
GM Chaucer says-
NEW DAY! Cat-urday!

Radiance says
its "not a hat"
its "swag"

Radiance says
no wait... no one can nuke Panda O-o

Radiance says
YOu win Rahice, if I'm the only one not willing, I'll change my vote...
Rahice says
Sucker
Pandora says
lol
Rahice says
good thing too because I would have edited your thread to say this "PartyPoopers: Radiance" ;p

Radiance says
box og giggles?
was it giggles?
Rahice says
I think it's Giggling box
Pandora says
maybe some booze?
Rahice says
Booze!
Radiance says
more beer? >_>;;
Rahice says
There should be beer, wine and daiquri or something

Radiance says
quick FYI, meeting has run for 5 hours now, 7 topics done, 4 topics to go, 12 topics in total.

Pandora says
yeah, it would certainly be nice to see more of them
azote: if you wanna do it (including the sprite), you can pick what item it is, any objections?
Rahice says
Go for it

Azote says
random ideas are good sometimes

Near the end we were all starting to get a little sleepy-

Radiance says
I think my sense of humor just fell asleep...

Radiance says
Anyone else with anything not sleep related that they want to discuss?

This meeting; just so you all know, started at 7 pm server time and did not get done until 2 am server. We are all very sleepy now. But at least now you have some fun quotes to read from the 7 hour chat about what we're going to be doing for the next month.

09-16-2012 02:05 AM

Okay, so part of my new job list is cleaning up T&D now that Circe (we(I) miss you!) is gone.

I've never dug around in there too much, but the next time dark side talks about invisible dark wings and complains about not having them I'm going to smack someone.

While digging through the T&D section of the forums, I have found at least half a dozen threads of people saying that they will start working on the invisible dark wings, and none of them have done their job. This goes all the way back to 2009. Moral of the story; we have tried to get those of you who can sprite to make a custom sprite for invisible dark wings but every time we finally get a dedicated person on them they decide to back out and not tell us why.

This seems to be the ongoing trend with just about every project on the board- we assign it to a person, they promise us that they'll do it, and then we don't hear from them ever again.

If you want to actually do something and will not back out of it, come and join T&D, we always need more people to help out.

09-19-2012 03:46 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

What? You thought the GM team was lying every time they said they'd had multiple people claim it and say they'll do it? Icon_razz

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-19-2012 10:31 PM

Last night was our meeting- MSN gave out 3 times, so the quotes are spread through 4 different chats- but here are some of the quotes from this-

Rahice says
I'm going to give out wrapped masks for the next event I do in that case >D
GM Chaucer says
wrapped masks are the bane of everyone's existance, so yes, hand those suckers out

Radiance says
GM packs, Pandora I had you for your cookies >_>
GM Chaucer says
B> 100mil
Radiance says
ALso, I told Chaucer and Rahice about their legendary goodness

Rahice says
better idea
I want a Teddyring Pet
Pedobear \o/
GM Chaucer says
Rahice's internet predator package?

Radiance says
I'm just remembering back to Circe's Panties....
it was a bit of a mess

Rahice says
lmao
okay
panda mine has panties with my GM name on it, can they be slotted or unslotted
isn't that an awkward question
Radiance says
not really, its a girl to girl question

Pandora says
i got an idea, for the gm hat pack, you guys will be asked to email back your choice, gm that fails to email their choice get the peeing angel?

Rahice says
Azote Shanks You In The Dark pack
GM Chaucer says
Radiance's "I'm sexy and I know it" pack
Pandora says
Radiance's I'm a wierdo pack?
Rahice says
Radiance's Lost My Mind pack

Lots of planning was spent on the birthday week celebration, and hopefully you will all enjoy what we came up with and are planning on doing. Again, any questions you have about what's going on, please feel free to put them here.

10-07-2012 04:16 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Sorry idk if this was answered before or anything but I was just wondering:

Why isn't the Robo Eye the real sprite?

I'm not sure how hard it would be to fix since I know nothing about these things. I mean, I'm not too bothered by it. I was just curious since I finally got one and I think it looks kinda cool xD

10-08-2012 04:20 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

The original sprite was creating massive errors. It was replaced in sprite form (What the character wears) To fix this, hasn't been repaired yet.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
10-08-2012 10:24 PM