Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro-Life Suggestion
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Pro-Life Suggestion

It's come to my suggestion reading through main tonight that there is VERY LITTLE if any value on our character's livelyhood. In fact most people are just downright suicidal. Thus, inspired by the Super Novice's No death bonus (the one that'd BE a no death bonus if it weren't for them Meddling Linkers), couldn't there be a reward for Characters who go a certain period of time without dying? Of course there'd be restrictions like they'd have to earn such an amount of exp within that period, so they can't just sit in town or not play for a week.

As an added bonus maybe we could add a personal "Death Log" that records when and where you died, and what/who you died from.

Uncertain the types of rewards, and what other bonuses that'd come with it, or if it's even possible to script. Maybe we could have some added penalties for death like say some NPC's won't talk to you for a certain time because they can't see you (You're a ghost and dead to the world), or having marauders loot your corpse during the transport back to your save point?
06-17-2012 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: Pro-Life Suggestion

Poor MVP champs...

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
06-18-2012 12:54 AM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

RE:??Pro-Life Suggestion

Ptah Wrote:Poor MVP champs...

...and 99/50 99/70 people too Icon_suprised

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
06-28-2012 04:42 AM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

Good morning,

There is a variable which contains the exact amount of deaths a character racked. It should be therefore possible to check at it and remove a bonus if the number doesn't match with the previous one recorded, checked every X time.

As for how feasable it is, not every GMs are able to code these, and those GM already have a lot of stuff to code, such as a big pile of paper waiting over their office desk. So I'm not sure how welcome it is.

As for the idea itself, I'm not sure if it is something to generate interest, as most important characters die a lot due to PvP'ing or MvP'ing.

For such a feature, I'd also foresee issues/whining about lag-died players, server connection, their connection, their computer, a surprize town event or even a GM nuking them.

I hope this information helps.
Sincerely,
GM-Azote

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
06-28-2012 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Whitechapel:

Death Count

No pls XD.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
06-28-2012 09:19 AM