Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where in the world is Auxiliary Sandiego?
09Kisame09 Offline
heRO Ghost

Where in the world is Auxiliary Sandiego?

Perhaps no one wil- well guys, I want to host another event since I had a decent turnout for the trivia game. This event will be perhaps more fun, as it will feature hiding & seeking. The game will be very simple, as long as you read through this thread to get the gist of what will be happening. Before I go into the guidelines, the event will be on Friday July 13th at 6PM server time (tentative date that may be subject to change).

Participating is easy. There is no official meeting spot this time as this game will take place essentially over main chat. My lovely assistant, Draco, will be told where I am hiding. She will give you guys the clues to where I am hiding through a story. There's a strong possibility that Rahice will announce Draco's story so that everyone can see it clearly. Hopefully that will make things more fun than if you were just given a hint to where I was, and trying to find me.

I will be hidden from plain view, so you will have to reveal my hiding spot using skills such as sight, ruwach, attention concentrate, or detecting. The first person to find me and only the first will be given prizes which at this moment, will consist of anything possibly sponsored by a GM, and 50 GB per find. I will be hiding in a total of 10 different spots. Should for any reason Draco's hints not be enough to help pinpoint my location, I will disclose one of my own through some sort of witty dialogue. Evil

Any spot for me to hide is fair game. This means that I may hide anywhere you can imagine, yes, even in Thor 1. I'll be fair the for the most part, but there will be ... some interesting maps chosen as well. Evil

If you don't have *any* method of detecting a hidden character, then your best bet is to find someone kind enough to help you and split a prize or two with you.

If you have any concerns, please address them through me directly and discreetly; thanks! Oh, I MIGHT be able to get a GM to co-sponsor some prizes. No promises though. Hope to see everyone there~ No1

Proud leader of the Squirtle Squad
[Image: Gp7rqgU.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 12:14 PM by 09Kisame09.)
07-01-2012 10:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Draco Offline
Shadow Writer

RE: Where in the world is Auxiliary Sandiego?

Be warned this wonderful assistant likes to be tricky in these situations. You may laugh, you may cry, you may just end up going "WTF?" but all in all you will have fun just trying to decipher my codes of secrety secrecy. Icon_biggrin

Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
07-01-2012 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Sweet! That would be Sunday, 6 am in my area. I'll definitely try to join. :D

One concern though. Any plans on how to "even out" the game for those who choose to use characters without detecting skills?

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
07-01-2012 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09Kisame09 Offline
heRO Ghost

That is a good and very valid question... I'll have to get back to you on that one.

EDIT: Addressed in OP. Thanks for your concern. Icon_biggrin

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 12:13 AM by 09Kisame09.)
07-01-2012 04:47 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Thanks! Two more questions please (lol sorry. I just noticed them now XD )

1. Was the schedule of the event changed since the announcement was made? I could have sworn I read it as saturday. I don't know. I don't trust my eyes that much sometimes lol.

2. I'm not sure if detecting skills can be used to reveal hiding players in a non PvP area. Can someone confirm this please?

Sorry for the bother. XD

07-02-2012 07:50 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

1AM my time... I can still join!

Hopefully, because I like hide and seek *7*

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

07-02-2012 10:16 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

1. It was changed so I can assist ^_^ Sorry for any inconvenience this may place.

2. Detect works just like Ru and Sight. It will unhide people in or out of PVP and GVG areas. You can use Detecting to unhide monsters as well.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
07-02-2012 02:13 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Ah! No no! It's ok. The new schedule is actually better for me. :D

And I thought detecting skills only work against monsters out of PvP and GvG areas. Another information learned I guess.

Thanks for the clarifications Intern-Rahice :D

That means see you this friday then! /no1

07-02-2012 02:23 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'm curious now, I know hats like Satellite hat and Light bulb work, as does horong clip, but does Box of gloom's Improve concentration effect work too???How about dragging demon/boss/insect/angel monsters around all over the place to try to??drop them on the character you are hiding on (since you specified Thor 1)?
Using a smokie pet in these area's would be a dead give away.

Will you be a stationary target? or will you be abusing cloak like of a frilldora card or something?

And what of people using maya Purples, who can flat out see through hide/cloak?
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 05:48 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-02-2012 05:47 PM
09Kisame09 Offline
heRO Ghost

A skill achieved by any other means and used other than by the class the skill belongs to will work the same. Also, if you're using monsters to reveal my hiding spots then I would consider that creative and it would still be fair game. I wouldn't use a Smooie as I'm well aware that would give away my position.

Icon_wink

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 07:56 PM by 09Kisame09.)
07-02-2012 07:53 PM