Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maximum # Of Drops
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Maximum # Of Drops

This is kind of a mechanics question. If someone could even reply with a link to a place where they explain the inner workings of the game, I'd be satisfied :S

I've heard that (augmented with gears that produce items on killing a monster, like cake hat or bee wings) once a mob reaches a certain number of possible drops, they'll start removing items off the list of things you can get from them, as there's a limit of potential drops you can receive on killing a monster.

Is this true, and if so, what is the maximum number of potential drops?

Hope this is clear enough :T
07-07-2012 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Maximum # Of Drops

I've used a Marin carded clip on??a poring. The card has a chance of dropping Jellopy or Large Jellopy when a monster is killed by the wearer. It does not stack with any other cards or equipments that farm jellopy or Large jellopy. However, I do get occasionally??2 jellopy from 1 poring using it, and??if I used steal, I could potentially get 3 Jellopy.

Example for an answer, whoo~.

Now that that's out there. Using two items that farm the same exact thing (read same ID number) won't work together, but have no bearing on the actual monster's drops. This does not, however, stop you from equipping many different farming equipments to get a vast amount of assorted goodies when you stab that poor squishy??poring or hill wind or whatever.??

Major issue that I've seen come up with Item drops is gift boxes. Each color and wrapping is a different ID Number so you could get Up to 4 giftboxes at once (if you're farming in biolabs 2 with 3 different gift box gears on your head. Not sure if there's any accessories that loot giftboxes, but if there are, change that 4 to 5), but each farming gear would have to target a different gift box. Myst case card (and most natural monster drops) will give you??A plain white box (item ID# 644) . Where as the Christmas hats like Santa Jester and Snow Cap will farm red and green wrapped boxes with a pretty red bow (Item ID# 667). Most backpacks I've seen give the yellow box with the blue ribbon (Item ID# 665). All 3 of these examples do the exact same thing and have the exact same chances of giving you the same items.??they just have different ID Numbers, allowing you to farm mass quantities of them.

Another issue is some of heRO's custom farming items??raises the chance to get your item when the monster's level is higher and lowers it when??it's level is lower. you could farm ant eggs or hydra's all day and not get anything out of your hero Cake hat,??but when you go??to hill winds or thors you get a lot. Whereas with the official gears, it doesn't matter what you kill, so long as it gets killed, you have the same chance at getting that item.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 03:05 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-07-2012 02:40 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

What weapon is actually different from what you say Joe.

Weapon means if a monster would drop a certain amount of drops he could drop at one kill, say 9 items just from the monster itself.

And you would use items that would drop items (beewings = item + honey), any other headgear, accessory or w/e that would also drop something, is there a limit of items you can get from 1 kill?

Aka the still taking the 9 as an example from the monster + 2 items from beewings (honey and x item) and say a giftbox while we are at it = 12 items from 1 kill. Is it then really possible to get the 12 items from 1 kill or does it simply clear out a few drops because the max you can get would be for example 10, meaning 2 items would not get to you because you simplty get too much drops from 1 kill.

Hope i'm explaining it right, and honestly i've been wondering the same for a while now.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
07-07-2012 03:12 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

In that case,I would think that, barring??unique ID's of each and every??farmed item, The cap of what can and cannot be farmed would be limited by the equipments he's wearing.??I'm not sure if.... lets say a tengu card could get ALL of it's possible drops in one kill, but??I wouldn't discount it. I think statistically it's possible, but incredibly unlikely.

I know there are card combos and custom items that farm things, but all the farming gear I really know are headgears (counting wings as headgear) or accessories
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 07:41 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-07-2012 07:08 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I don't believe that card/items drops actually go through the mob at all. They're triggered by a kill script on the item, rather than through the mobdrop database kill scripts.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-08-2012 04:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

In that case, does that script have limits on how many drops it will roll for?

I should clarify... let's assume a mob has 8 possible drops to roll for and you have gears that add 4 more possible items on killing a mob. If there were a limitation of 10 drops to roll for, 2 of those items would become impossible to get.

It's not like *that*, right?

Seriously, a kurse on people making RO rumors without RO facts to back it up. It leads to vague hard-to-ask questions like this one
07-08-2012 08:56 AM
Dchestryo Offline
Dezilen - The Clumsy

I believe there's a limit.... I used to hunt down Mavkas with Bee Wings only and witherless rose drop normally... But when i wear b'day hat(that drop gift boxes).. it's stop giving me roses.. but drop Gift boxes normally...

Dezilen - Sniper 99/70    Online (almost)everyday
Xymlen - Hunter 95/50
Softand - Priest 7x/4x

"When we're at our lowest point, we're opened up to our greatest chance" - Avatar Aang

08-14-2012 09:41 AM
NightCrawler Offline

Perhaps that is a coding conflict or error with the "custom" items, Dez? Or you need to kill more? =P

Otherwise, I disagree.

I believe there is no "Maximum" number of drops. I have used equiped six different item producing gears on a blacksmith, with the skill that produces ores (so 7 total?). Personally, I have experienced no issues and all 7 items have dropped, plus all of the monster's normal drops (including cards). The monster had 8 drops plus the 7 additional item created ones. Not all of them dropped at the same time (one kill). Took around 4k (to see the card). I can provide screenshots if requested.

I have been playing RO for over 5 years, and have never heard of such a rumor or any evidence to support such a fact.

However, I can not support or validate all the custom items. They may not work together? I assume the more common/heavily used ones, like bee wings work fine.

Trying testing in on the heRO test server ;D

Hope that helps !
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2012 08:16 AM by NightCrawler.)
09-18-2012 08:13 AM