Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding established DATE and CONTENT to vendor merchants
Geeti Offline

Adding established DATE and CONTENT to vendor merchants

This is not a suggestion to the server, but more towards all vendor players out there. For the purpose of making shopping experience more convenient for everyone, and of course you want your items to sell don't you?

It would be really great if we could come up with some sort of a format to name our shops, e.g.

"8/7 - Quest Items", "12/5 - Byalan Drops" or whatever you please, which lists the last date you updated the vendor, along with the newly added items!

I think DATE and CONTENT are very important to make sure your shop is not overlooked by shoppers.

Some vendors have already done this for obvious reasons and they're great! Keep it up!

Keep the economy rolling~
07-08-2012 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

RE: Adding established DATE and CONTENT to vendor merchants

I don't know about this, but I've seen merchs do the same title naming for their shops. Quite neat Icon_biggrin

For a server suggestion, I use @ws for when I buy stuff from merchs, and I really think that what would be useful is if the title of the shop is added to the @ws results. Sometimes, I see people asking where a certain vendor is xD
I think it would be hard trying to make it work though, so hm.

I'm just wondering, what if the shop includes a lot of different stuff? What do they call it then Icon_suprised

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 03:33 PM by Sen.)
07-08-2012 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

My BF and i separate our shops into different sections like; Weapon, Headgear, Accessory etc etc. we also call our shops after those sections, i never include dates since i only reset our shops when they are down or when they are close to empty.

Though i have easy talking since i 1. never vend in prontera, 2. hardly go window shopping, and 3. if i try to buy an item from a vender i use @ws + /where to seek my path till i find the merch.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
07-08-2012 04:48 PM
Geeti Offline

Hmm yea @ws works fine for people finding specific things, and it would be great as Sen said if the name of the shop can be included as well in the search result.

However, some people (I think most new players, me included) mostly do window shopping, which can really use help from proper use of date and content.

Date is good so regular window shoppers may easily spot which stores was recently updated, especially for seller in Prontera!

Content is really up to the seller, usually they highlight their 'bestsellers', but of course this depends on the items to sell.

Most sellers have done this, but if you look at Prontera, most of the stores are pretty vague in title. I know that sex sells, but c'monn..

I'm hoping to see more sellers add date established/updated into their shop's name! or even a better way if it existsIcon_wink.

On a similar topic, what do you guys think about putting a time limit on how long a merchant can go @autotrade? or has it been implemented?
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 02:10 PM by Geeti.)
07-09-2012 02:05 PM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

Iirc time limit on how long a merchant can AT is already in a other topic you might look for that.
Since there were some points were people disagree alot on.

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
07-09-2012 02:38 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Yes there has been a suggestion made like that in the past, like a 48 hour or something close to that time that you'd be able to AT and then would have to re-up put your shop, but indeed like Alex says i remember some arguments in the past topic where people disagreed on the suggestion. You could look it up if your interested about the thoughts on that one.

Time zone GTM+1

07-09-2012 04:07 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Did anyone but me even notice that after @ws is made there are white crosses appear on the mini map showing vendors you are looking for (unless they are in different town, then it just appears on random vendors)?

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
07-09-2012 05:49 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Mhm though in pront its still sometimes quite a job to find that one vender even with a mark on the map, but hey thats where /where comes alog

Time zone GTM+1

07-10-2012 03:03 AM