Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GMing IRL is a pain in the arse, but fun anyway.
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

GMing IRL is a pain in the arse, but fun anyway.

Two weeks and a few days ago, I unexpectedly and quite quickly got a chance to serve as one of the supervisors at a kids' summer camp. Well, "camp" because we actually slept in cabins, not tents.

Anyway, after fourteen days, I'm back, a bit sunburned, with a huge bruise just above my left buttcheek (right on the lovehandle) and with a tendency to yell "Ten pushups! Now!" at misbehaving people. I can say it was quite a worthwile experience. I didn't have the courage to look for gray hairs in the mirror yet but I feel like I just have to have some xD
Strangely, despite all the yelling and worries and arguing with kids, I kinda liked it. After the first week, I was absolutely sure I won't do this again but somehow, now that it's over I miss all the stuff. There were moments worth it, and it kinda grew on me.

And as a bonus, I now know how GMs must sometimes feel like (though they can just ban the guy and he won't bother anymore)

Eh, why am I writing this again? Dunno, guess I just wanted to share. Nevermind me.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
07-28-2012 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: GMing IRL is a pain in the arse, but fun anyway.

No urge to body slam a kid? Hehe! Sounds like a fun once in a lifetime experience.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
07-28-2012 04:24 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

I've been strangling them in my dreams, actually.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
07-30-2012 12:57 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Sounds about right! ^_^

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
07-30-2012 05:31 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

GM-Jens 2012 /go;

W
08-04-2012 03:02 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

GMing is a pain irl or ingame.

I've been GMing for the past few months (not here obviously) and it's driving me INSANE.

So many racists, sexists, trolls and people who create separate accs from their officials just so they can try their hand at being a miscreant behind the veil of internet anonymity.??SO MANY people who completely ignore you when you're laying down the rules for the current event and then "What are we doing???Where is everyone?" during the event.

SO FUCKING MANY people PMing me on my legit when it's in the rules to NOT PM GMs on their legits.

SO MANY PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ THE FUGGIN RULES AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING PUNISHED FOR BREAKING THEM.??"I didn't know there was a list of rules."

ZSNJFGLKJDBGFVIX CBHVXDFKBDXKFVGBXDKBCXUBVH XDFUK YTN4E8T

...but I'm sort of biased against stupid people anyway, so yeah... I've become a troll GM simply because I got fed up.??>_>

Everyone still loves me though!??Icon_biggrin

hahahahahaha

(GMing has driven me insane)

[EDIT]

I miss heRO.??I might just come back.??._.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 03:41 PM by Whispers.)
08-04-2012 03:39 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Well i know i would never be a good GM, i don't have the patience for it, would probably go facewall myself ALOT if people would not read event rules/ToH/Rules in general etc, or ask 'stupid' questions.

I simply do not have the qualities xD I'm sure if i'd ever to become a GM i'd turn into a sarcastic, nagging, bitch in no time :x

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
08-04-2012 06:09 PM
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

come back to us, whispers, and forgiiiiiive everything! ♥
08-04-2012 07:44 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Oh, I'm already a sarcastic bitch anyway!??:D

When it comes to ppl not paying attention to the rules, you just tell them they should have paid attention.??I feel I should only be in the retention game if the player is actually worth retaining.

Don't care to read the rules?
Feel free to figure it out for yourself.

Getting frustrated because you can't find help?
Let me assist you and introduce you to our community before you make your final decision.

Don't like being muted and/or jailed because you're a bigoted fuckhead?
>Exit heRO
>Locate and highlight your heRO directory
>Press Shift+Del
>Click "Yes"

GMs have the right to comment on negative reviews as well.??I dunno if Panda or whoever else has access to the RMS heRO page has gone in yet, but they can easily say what Kittie said above:??we have Ant Hell; Kiel quest works.

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.??That's the mindset you need to have when doing anything, but especially GM'ing.??These people test you, and as much as they get to me I never let on.??I just be my normal happy-go-lucky ^_^ "this-guy-surely-has-a-bomb-hidden-on-his-person" calm self and they mostly stfu.

Those that don't are calmly and politely banned.??:D

Really it's not only a great test in patience and compassion, but a lesson in maturity.??As much as I hate these people, I can't fly off the handle.??I did fly off the handle once when this dude was talking shit to a friend of mine in the forum because he's Pinoy.??But then - just like Mahawira - Pinoy friend came in and calmed me down and said it was fine; although this person's alternative views can be quite offensive, it is only so if we allow them to be.??And he chose not to be offended.

GMing is an awesome learning experience.??Ok

In conclusion; Sarcastic, yes.??Nagging, no.??Bitch, only when it counts.??Laugh

[EDIT]

L. Malady Wrote:come back to us, whispers, and forgiiiiiive everything! ♥

It's more difficult when you've yourself to forgive. =\

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 07:46 PM by Whispers.)
08-04-2012 07:44 PM