Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Well, hell. Typing this out is hard to think what to put, and how to put it. If only I could just attach emotions and feelings to the page and you guys could just feel those instead. Icon_razz

As of today, I am leaving the GM team.
Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been on the forums or ingame much the past couple of weeks. I found myself tired, drained, and just the other side of burning out. I took a small break to try and avoid that. It's something I've done before, and I've come back every time.

Not this time.
During that small break, I realised how much happier, less stressed, and even how much better I slept. I hadn't realised just how much GMing had drained me. It made me tired, irritable,??angry and sarcastic far too frequently. While this can be controlled ingame, etc, I found it also spilling out into real life. I'm sure I've spent the past few months being far more sarcastic and ragey at my other half than he ever thought I could be, or that was comfortable.

I wouldn't say it's a sudden thing. In hindsight, I've been slowly feeling more and more drained. I have, afterall, been GMing here for almost 3 years (start of Sept). However, I've now reached a point where I don't think I can keep this up. I guess it's been a mixture of various things that caused this.
There are days when I'd happily prefer to clean the entire house than have to deal with players. There are decisions and happenings within the team, that with all good conscience, I cannot support.

I think a few of you knew this was coming before I even did.

Anyway, with all the tired, draining emoness, I guess it's time for a happier part to appear in this post.

Players: I love most of you, most of the time. Icon_razz You are, effectively, the body and the soul of the server. I've seen??many of you come and go. Been friends with a lot of you. Have had to ban a bunch of you.
I don't understand people who think a GM won't ban friends. You deliberately break our rules, and make more work for me while under the guise of my friend, that's not going to make me feel
sorry for you. That's going to piss me off even more. <.<

Anyway! Thank you for all the big things, and the little things. Thank you for the pony, the flowers, the flame hearts and the bouquets. Thank you for the gift art and the company. Thank you for letting me chill with your guild. Thank you for letting me play in your Werewolves and events. Thank you for the thank yous. <3

For those of you would like to keep in contact or chat, even though I'm not a GM anymore (and boy, do I like to chat), you can find me here: http://www.facebook.com/gmcirce
I don't even spam people with game requests unless they are actually, actively, playing the game.

PvPers: I am so, so, so sorry.
You've probably been wondering why I hadn't posted the PvP thread. Now you know. Icon_sad I have been considering this for a week or so, and couldn't put the thread up, then cancel it when it??was so close to the tourney. This wouldn't have been fair on your guys, or on whoever would have to fill in all of a sudden. Glyph was even going to stream it live so everyone could watch, but unfortunately, that won't be happening either.
The thread is still in the GM forum area, complete aside from like one change. I hope for you all that another GM will pick it up, and you guys will get the tourney that you so very much deserve.

I know we've had our arguments and disagreements, and even fights, but you lot were almost always fun. Icon_razz

Artists: I adore you all. To those I still have commissions with, please be aware they are still on. Icon_smile I've always paid for art commissions with zeny from my legit, so neverfear!
Your payments are not in danger at all. I will likely order from you all again in the future from my legit anyway. <3

FBers: I plan to keep my Circe Facebook, even if I have to rename it to like.. "NOTAGMANYMORECIRCE". I have too many friends on there to want to even think about disabling it. This also goes for my MSN. Love you all, and thank you for keeping me company at all random hours.

I may see you all around a bit on my legit. I've been out of playing heRO for a while now, as it was always first to go before GMing when I became busy or distracted. I'll have to grow??back into it again. Remeet people. Fit it all between the other games I want to catch up on Icon_razz

Thank you.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-30-2012 07:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beauty Away
>ω<

RE: So long, and thanks for all the fish!

I hope we can play together with your legits sometimes. Love

If you are looking for me, send me a pm. I might see it. No1
07-30-2012 07:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kunkun14 Offline
Squishy Taco

*hug*

07-30-2012 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

For you scavenger hunters, in case I remain on the list. Icon_razz

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae144...er2175.jpg

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-30-2012 08:53 AM
Xeane Offline

I'll miss you GM Circe... We'll cherish each moment we've had with you. Icon_biggrin
07-30-2012 09:07 AM
shikinoutaoi Offline
AFK Queen's Cat

GM-Circe Wrote:Players: I love most of you, most of the time. Icon_razz You are, effectively, the body and the soul of the server. I've seen??many of you come and go. Been friends with a lot of you. Have had to ban a bunch of you.
I don't understand people who think a GM won't ban friends. You deliberately break our rules, and make more work for me while under the guise of my friend, that's not going to make me feel
sorry for you. That's going to piss me off even more. <.<

you did to me, but do i looks like that?
but still, i love you circe ;A;

[Image: ng4mds.jpg]

Just "@who aoi" and you'll know
07-30-2012 09:23 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Wow i haven't felt so sad in a while Icon_sad Thank you for all the hard work, for all the whining, snapping and bitching you'd had to deal with. Thank you for your dedication, your humor, your imput and all your hard work and time put into the server. I truly believe you leaving will have a huge impact on the server, and i will miss you.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
07-30-2012 09:53 AM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

Nooo, you guys can't leave. I do not approve!

You guys will be missed. Please send me any/all of your secrets that you should have told me once upon a time when I was getting trained but never got.

Hope everything goes better for you all, and I hope the best for you.
07-30-2012 10:31 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE:??So long, and thanks for all the fish!

GM-Circe Wrote:For you scavenger hunters, in case I remain on the list. Icon_razz

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae144...er2175.jpg

Doubt this will even count, but who the hell cares.

a) You found the worst time to just let it go along with Glyph. On the other hand it would be worst for a looooooooong while...

b) I should've gotten a lot more nukes than i got >: That includes death from TKs bots i never got Icon_sad

c) Just shoo already, before half of server will start crying.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
07-30-2012 11:07 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

oh fucked

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
07-30-2012 12:25 PM