Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
about time
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: about time

We're sorry for the misunderstanding, previous post editted.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-01-2012 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CookieMonster Offline

RE:??about time

GM-Pandora Wrote:EDIT: Upon double checking via the logs, the part about the server advertising was not h@nzo and his account has been unbanned.

This was not in any way personal, the GMs that were online saw someone break the rules and wanted to punish it accordingly, although we will work toward something like this never occuring again it was a mistake, and no one is immune to making mistakes.

So now that it has all been clarified, how is hanzo going to be compensated? It will only be fair to him after having to go through all the trouble and shit that he has taken, not to mention the time lost in game that would/might have been enjoyable. Anyone would feel like quitting after having such allegations directed to them.
08-01-2012 11:29 AM
Achi Offline

Before you go Hanzo... ARE YOU A BOY OR A GIRL? Come find me and cookie or just... Find me! Miss you broski
08-01-2012 12:08 PM
Tulwar Offline
Forum Lurker

Do you really think it's so easy to say that it was a mistake? Do you think that, after being GMs for so long, banning somebody under these simple circumstances was just a 'mistake'? Who carried out the banning anyways?

I believe that the actions taken against Hanzo's account were emotion-driven. As in, "Hey he did something wrong, now we got him!" *auto bans without thinking twice*. If this were just about anyone else you can be sure it would've been thoroughly investigated. Besides, prejudice against former members of DoE is public knowledge. My fellow guild members can't even log in to say "LF> these people" without getting flamed and told to get the f* off the server.

I agree that no one is immune to mistakes. However when you place spite and prejudice behind your actions, you're much more prone to them.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4C0SR0bWqqfSFKgzZ_wk...u2B1558hwg]

I am just trying to explain the thought process behind this horrible mistake. If you guys really just somehow became worse GMs over the years, then please firmly attest to that.

Sorry for having to post this here Hanzo, I just want the truth.

Tulwar: 99/70 Clown - heRO's #1 NOOBTASTIC Clown x]
Parfait!: 90/70 High Priest - The (in)famous Elitist Thug ;]
Fuwa: 99/70 Sniper - Pewpewpew
Axel Almer: 99/70 SinX - Noob AGI Sinx
Vorel: 99/69 Champ - Another Unoriginal Champ
Artist: 99/50 Wizard - Free Nontrans WoE Points ^3^/
08-01-2012 12:29 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We can't go back and time or "give back" the time he was banned (27 hours in total), but for real we are sorry for the mistake, which it was, a mistake.

Tulwar: I'll tell you what happened, although I don't believe it will change your point of view, maybe it's you who's prejudiced.

21:47 limong creates a new char called llIIll
21:53 to 21:54 limong's llIIll spams advertisement for another server
21:55 limong deletes his character llIIll
21:58 someone on h@nzo's account logs a character called llllllll
22:xx llllllll got first jailed, then later banned

It took a few tries for the GM to @who the spammer, since the name was composed of upper case "i" and lower case "L", by that time it has the character on h@nzo's account that was online, although the name are in fact different it looked very similar on the spot.

I don't see why whoever was on h@nzo's account needed to log a previously created level 5 novice with a name very similar to someone who had just broken the rules, but that's how the mistake happened, it was handled by new GMs, trying to deal as best they could with the situation, I don't believe there was any more to it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-01-2012 01:36 PM
Tulwar Offline
Forum Lurker

Thanks for the explanation Panda. Given the situation I still believe that whoever carried out the banning made a very novice mistake for not double checking (As pointed out by Circe, only high ranking GMs can issue bans.) I truly hope that both the new and old GMs can live up to their expectations, and that nothing this severe ever happens again.

Tulwar: 99/70 Clown - heRO's #1 NOOBTASTIC Clown x]
Parfait!: 90/70 High Priest - The (in)famous Elitist Thug ;]
Fuwa: 99/70 Sniper - Pewpewpew
Axel Almer: 99/70 SinX - Noob AGI Sinx
Vorel: 99/69 Champ - Another Unoriginal Champ
Artist: 99/50 Wizard - Free Nontrans WoE Points ^3^/
08-01-2012 01:53 PM
Kroms Offline

Oww too bad my poor friend Hanzo already quit. Icon_sad

Kroms : Clown
Lavoisier : Creator
Chapo : Whitesmith
Irra  : Assassin Cross
-Kroms-  : Champion
08-01-2012 03:14 PM
Hanzo Offline

Thanks to everyone that showed concern and to panda for looking it up. I really wanted to quit for so long cause its getting really tiresome anyways i posted sumthing in guild forums to whomever who wants to msn me. I enjoyed my time in heRO but i guess i really need to go. GL guys

Look for me in main or swing by Ayothaya please
ign:
H@nzo-SinX
Cme3-LK
X-Eyed-Sniper
Hanz0-SinX
Wr@th-Champ
Civic-Monk
08-01-2012 03:43 PM
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

Well, that's your choice, then. Glad you were absolved in this before you decided to leave. I wish I could say that I'll miss you, but I didn't really know you well. I think heRO is losing a good person, from the sound of it, though.

Good luck in whatever you do next, Hanzo.
08-01-2012 04:25 PM
CookieMonster Offline

A small compensation like more bg for half a day or something would have been nice, something to motivate him to continue playing or some concern from the GMs, but yeah, kinda expected nothing to happen since it was just a mistake, right?

Bye noobzo, you know how to get contact of me.

MARCO! Me and you are next!!! Watch your back! lol
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 06:37 PM by CookieMonster.)
08-01-2012 06:34 PM