Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bullion and Noble NPC
Arianna Offline
Personal heRO

Bullion and Noble NPC

I was thinking there should be an added feature for mass bullions. Where when you go to Morroc and give him the gold you can just choose a mass option with input number. It would be a lot simpler then clicking through everything 25+ times.

And also making it so when you turn in your bullions at the Treasurer you could also do a mass input number to give him.

Anyone else's opinions or GMs?

Anikka-(Main)Sniper-86
Ari Anna-(BolterSP)Prof-98
Akkara-Ninja-60
Odena-Alchemist-77
Neferia-Sinx-71
Nyrien-Wizard-75
Amashu- High Priest-70
Lady Sylvanas-Linker-67
Ari Love-Dancer-57
[Image: Gif%20hero_zpskokchtmv.gif]
08-09-2012 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Bullion and Noble NPC

join TnD, script it, propose it in TnD, and you might see it sooner than you think Ok

W
08-10-2012 03:07 AM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

^ This is very true. Very often with ideas like this, if you're willing to script it, and EXPECIALLY if you already have the script edited, the chances of something like this getting modified increase significantly.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
08-10-2012 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Oh, that reminds me Aphe still owes me some gold Evil

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
08-10-2012 12:14 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

No. No. No.

Join T&D, propose it, then if it's not only given the go ahead, but also for you to do it, then script it.

I'd be curious to see you get your hands on the nobility script to script it before proposing it....

Inasad
stop doing dickers
08-10-2012 06:34 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

pfft nitpicking Ellie

I'm no programmer but the way i see it, one (who knows how to script in RO) could easily add the options to turn X amount of Y items into Z amounts of item A without having to access the entire script.

Many NPCs in RO is already scripted to "take item X and change to item Y", so editable scripts should be readily available in eA. There's also the accompanying "text message" line, also readily available.

Said script can then be easily inserted to add the conversation option to the existing NPC.

W
08-10-2012 10:56 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I'm hardly nitpicking.
You must work on the assumption that that the OP isn't aware of the process, or else they'd have already possibly considered it, or be doing it. Unless they're already aware of it, then your post is misleading.

You forget I already know how to script, and I wasn't just addressing your post. I was also addressing Chaucer's, who, if you'll noticed, said "If you have the script edited". The edit alone makes me think there actually has to be something to EDIT in the first place.

And to be entirely fair, yes, scripting that is easy.
In fact, it's so damn easy, that it would take more time waiting for someone to externally doing it, waiting for them to send it to you, check it to make sure it's fine, find the appropriate part in the script, insert it, then resave it than it would just a GM putting it in themselves.

The base point is, certain people need to stop preeching that "If you do it, it'll be put in!" or "The GMs will put in??if someone makes it!" or "Omg, the GMs can't script, and that's totally the only reason ever that scripts aren't exactly how I want, so quick, make it for them!".

In fact, some things have batch limits for a reason. You're old enough to remember the forum discussion about making the GN breaker do like 100 or even more at once. In that case, there was a batch limit, because the time it took to break them was the balancing factor in how much zeny they gave.
While, for all I know, this may or may not be the reason with the bullion maker (remember the days where MMORPGs also had RP factors? Like gold actually taking time to smelt), but one must also take into consideration that GMs aren't walys just trying to ruin your day b not making everything rate one quality of life.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 11:40 PM by Ellie.)
08-10-2012 11:33 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

I guess i am old QQ
even if I used to break GNs quite a lot way back when, i do feel that batch-breaking GNs just means more people doing "non-productive" things (things other than farming real items - farming zeny just causes inflation). Whereas in the case of gold bullions, although i can appreciate the RP value behind it, i feel that letting people smelt more gold more easily will only help fight inflation.

On that note, i apologize if my post seems misleading, all i wanted to do was urge the initial poster to take a more active role in TnD.

Be the change you want Ok

W
08-11-2012 01:23 AM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Hell no. You need to do what I did and hire slaves like Shikari to do it for you so you can have many nobles.
08-11-2012 10:54 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

lawl i see a fat ninja!

W
08-12-2012 10:12 AM