Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poison Armor Ö_ö
Mr.Jekku Offline

Poison Armor ?_?

So I was thinking that would it be totally stupid idea if by wearing poison armor you would be immune to the poisoned status. Since you already take 0% dmg from poison propety attacks.

This thing came to my mind while hunting some stuff in the new world and you tend to get poisoned there all the time and with low vit char it takes quite many % of your hp bar.

Is this totally idiotic idea or pretty good one... any opinions?
08-15-2012 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beauty Away
>ω<

RE: Poison Armor ?_?

Are you suggesting a custom poison armor? If you want a poison armor, maybe you get Argiope card Icon_wink

Anyway dear GMs, I know we already have Fire/Water/Wind/Earth wings... Can we have Poison/Undead/Shadow wings as well? Love

If you are looking for me, send me a pm. I might see it. No1
08-15-2012 10:20 AM
Mr.Jekku Offline

With the poison armor I ment armor with Agriope card. Just, it would be cool if you would also get the immunity for the poisoned status too by being lvl 1 poison element.. also the Eye of Dullahan says that it gives ya immunity to poison status but it fails miserably.
08-15-2012 10:47 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Huh, the Eye work, but if you were trying on Venom Dust, it always bypass the Eye, for some reason.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
08-15-2012 02:06 PM
Mr.Jekku Offline

Well yeah the monsters out there spam that Venom Dust quite alot. Like every time ya see one of those bees it will jump next to you and lay down Venom Dust and yeah ya will get poisoned with the Eye on which means its not working like it should in my opinion. Or maybe its just supposed to be that Venom Dust will poison ya no matter what.
08-15-2012 02:48 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Personally prefer Evil Druid to argiope armor anyday. Perhaps that bias is from the times way back when that poison and darkness actually healed the undead element instead of just merely

Beauty Wrote:Are you suggesting a custom poison armor? If you want a poison armor, maybe you get Argiope card Icon_wink

Anyway dear GMs, I know we already have Fire/Water/Wind/Earth wings... Can we have Poison/Undead/Shadow wings as well? Love
Might as well toss in holy and ghost wings while we're at it huh?

Big thing about wings is actually finding good sprites for them. Then designing balanced effects to go with them. Personally, I'm imagining something like Skeletal wings for undead, but If we're basing these off the normal Ele-wings, I've no clue what sort of skill we'd enable with them.
08-15-2012 04:53 PM
Mr.Jekku Offline

Well yeah ED beats Agriope and if ya go out with party bathory is usually also better than Agriope. As it is now I see Agriope armor is pretty much useless compared to Bathory and ED. Thats why I was thinking that if it would prevent the poison status maybe some people might actually want the card.
08-16-2012 07:23 AM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

To make Agriope prevent poison status, would be like a swordfish card making you freeze immune. Just because you are that element, does not mean that you are immune to the status effects that are associated with those elements.

People with artic wings can still be frozen.
People with earth wings can still be stone cursed.
And people wearing Agriope armor can still be poisoned.

As for the elemental wings that we're missing, it's pretty much been hit right on the head. It's a question of balance and spriting for the other elements, not to mention the quests associated with creating them. It makes sense that a swordfish card is needed for artic wings, or pasana card for fire wings, but what about ghost or holy wings? Making a quest with a ghostring or angeling card being part of the quest is not a good idea for anyone involved.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
08-16-2012 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'd go with something involving the Crusader card combo rather than angeling card for holy wings. Archdam, Freezer, Heater and Permeter. More cards, but for what would be pretty much a "Resist most element" armor, I'd make it so it'd reduce phys resist or something. Not sure if there'd be a script to increase damage taken from non-skill attacks.
08-16-2012 11:25 AM
Mr.Jekku Offline

So how about the Eye of Dullahan? Is it supposed to prevent the poison status every other case except when hit by Venom Dust?
08-16-2012 11:53 AM