Poll: Equipment Mementos for Divesting?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Divesting Mementos?
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

RE: Divesting Mementos?

That's lame. -_- Meh, oh well. It was a shot.

Broken/Busted/Retired

[Image: Headbang---Name.gif]
11-08-2006 04:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mystic Offline
Legal Assassin

Ok, personally, i think this is a HORRIBLE idea. if u get to KEEP the item, wats the point in knowing what's inside it? its yours. if this is implemented, everyone will make Rouges and b divesting everyone, and soon everybody will have the same equipment and the server's economy will collapse. But, if you, say i don't know, make it last as long as the divest is in effect, then i suppose its doable, but then, the Rouges/Stalkers would b the ultimate PvP class, and thusly unbalancing the balance of power.

[Image: BeheBanner.jpg]

MysticwarrioR ~ Scholar ~ Behemoth
Waldo Jebediah Oswald ~ Rogue ~ Eorum Nox
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2006 05:57 PM by Mystic.)
11-12-2006 05:55 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Mystic, what they ment is that you have a "mementos" of the equipment, like skulls when you kill someone in PvP. Those mementos will only be a proof that you divested someone in particular. You wont be able to actualy use the equipment. If this is implemented, I presume it will have a fixed image, like a cotton shirt named "X's Armor", thats it.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
11-12-2006 08:55 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

for one, it is a useless thing that absolutely have nothing to brag about.
for example, if you kill someone and you got their skull, you can go to them "haha, i killed you, you got pwned!" (gently rubs the skull and hugs it as it was your victory trophy)

however lets put that in the same context with divest shall we? a rogue or stalker diveted someone and went "haha, i just divested you, you got pwned!" (stretches out more hands than a normal human has and rubs all the divested equips then hugs them)

it is like saying, "haha, i just manage to buff you" or "haha, you got grand crossed or frozen or stone cursed, etc". it is more like a trophy gained from a mere skill casting. i do not see any point to brag about successfully casting a spell on another person.

the downside is that this skill floods the inventory like this:
[Image: fishingcropqp6.jpg]
not sure if this is how i would depict it, but it is the closest thing i could get to put it visually.

and people who doesn't want it would be really annoyed by the fact their storage or inventory get used up in just 2 or 3 casts.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
11-13-2006 12:46 AM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

While it can be understandable on filling up inventory, I'm sure if you wanted it bad enough that you could make an alt for it. As for those that don't want it, drop em or sell em or do whatever you do when you get skulls.

Well, also it can seem in PVP, you cast a skill or two and get a trophy, so why should it be different here?

Also, why is it no one can take the !@#$ing time to read a thread before posting!?

Again, all I was trying to do is add a new idea. Sorry for having an idea.

Broken/Busted/Retired

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2006 05:20 PM by Syonyde.)
11-13-2006 02:32 PM
Static Offline
Lightning Spearmen Master Chief

Icon_suprisedI dont know what to think for this mementos for divesting thing, it seems just a little too wierd for me...Icon_suprised

[Image: signature4marrycopy-2.png]
11-14-2006 02:31 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

synode, i wasnt trying to discredit your idea. i know that some people would proly like the idea. neither was i answering to your original post. i was actually aiming my post at mystic and was only trying to put forward my opinion on why i think it is useless.

i didnt mean to offend anyone. i simply think, unlike how with skulls u get one per victim, with equips, you get well, however many items they are wearing. that is what i meant by overloading inventory. say you divest 2 or 3 people in the woe, for a rogue it is just a few items. but for stalker you'd end up with about 20 items in the inventory assuming each person use about 6 or 7 equips each (head, armor, foot, left&right hand equips, garment, and accessories) if not more. (the 3 slots for headgears: upper, mid and lower)

should the person use 1 item per equip slot, that is 10 equips at once, so a stalker would end up with about 30 items in their inventory from just 3 divest.

that part i think you miss.

it is a fun concept to divest and proly keep a memento but only should it be done in a few scenarios. maybe in pvp room, but if it happens elsewhere like in events or woe, would that not be more of a troublesome thing considering you proly dont have the time to open the inventory and dump them in the heat of the battle.

and i personally see nothing so great as casting a spell/skill at all. everyone has a skill/spell maybe excluding novices. but i was merely passing an opinion.

and btw, i have had a few stalkers who went "haha, i divested you, you got pwned" cos i was. as my char is a shield skill based sader, all my skills dies as soon as i get divested. i admit divest is an awesome skill, lethal to someone who relies on equips. for example, if i get my shield divested, i automaticaly deactivate shrink, guard, defender and reflect. that is taking down 4 skills at once, and it reduce def and remove all the extra stuff gained from cards in that item.

in short, yes i got pwned by divest.

and i dont think any skill gets you trophy when you successfully cast it. in pvp u get a trophy when you kill them, that is different to casting just one or two spells. if i get a trophy everytime i cast bash i would be overweight all the time.

and i did read your post, you are saying you are putting up an idea for a token of divesting someone just like skulls when you kill someone in pvp. i wasn't saying dont put an idea up, i was saying that your idea have flaws in it.

but i admit that my wording makes it sound like i am saying your idea is bad. but it was in response to mystic's and mystra's comments that i am merely reinforcing my view that there are flaws in the concept.

and that picture was intended for a commic relief, i guess it backfired.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2006 05:53 AM by Rei Ayanami.)
11-14-2006 05:50 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

This was a very original idea, and those are always welcomed Icon_smile

However, due to difficulty in implementing and the low usefulness we probably wont be able to implement it, but please keep sending ideas if you have more ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-14-2006 10:33 AM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

I was actually attempting to figure out the picture. I didn't really get it. X_x

I apologize for being a bit aggressive, I've had a cold for the last few days and I'm not 100% myself.

Divesting is indeed one of the best skills ever, the issue is that's all they can be used for effectively. No matter what other role you put a Stalker/Rogue in, they fill it half-assed. We're the pros at disabling other classes though.

I didn't mean to sound aggressive, and I hope you'll take my apology.

Broken/Busted/Retired

11-15-2006 07:10 PM