Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark vs Light WoE
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Dark vs Light WoE

... There was no coding or scripting needed for this event.
The Alle. mobs were used for the last RP event back in 2009.
No extra castles or anything were technically opened. Just an RP GM (ie, NOT a scripter or coder) with @warp and @spawn.

Fun Fact:
Last RP event was before official Endless was even put it. The event involved both Allegiances climbing said tower map, filled with cusom levels and Alle. mobs, because it wasn't in use otherwise. \o/

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 04:52 PM by Ellie.)
09-11-2012 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

@Chaos

1- Sorry, rules are rules and that's what was set up when it was originally set up, score stands 1-0
2- Monsters and castle are static, and do not change. If a side has a horrible turn out for one of the events that is not going to change. Can't play favorites. It's whoever can clear the monsters, not whoever can clear the monsters that were adjusted for their playing level and numbers. The contest is who is stronger, and numbers do play a role into that, even if they're weak numbers.
3- Monster spawn is made before players are set. I spawn everything in its locations, and then run as fast as I can to Prontera to grab the parties and bring them to the map. If you don't want bombs going faster, then go through the map faster, or kill the monster that spawns them and kill their mobs all with one kill.
4- No WoE bans. If you have a super special way to make dark win, do it on Thursday and Saturday. I look forward to it and would like to see dark upset light.

@Ellie
True story.
The amount of coding for this event was 0.
The hardest part of this event was changing the map flags so that WoE reductions were off. Other than that, all coding was done by Ayu (thank you Ayu wherever you are!) for those monsters that haven't been used in forever.

I haven't been around too long but I might as well let a bit of my background out here. I've been playing D&D and DM-ing those story lines for over a decade and after doing that I've learned one very important thing, and that is recycling. I'm trying to use maps and mobs that are already made in new ways so that we can have more events and more activity instead of waiting around for new customs that only get used once. I'm a big fan of recycling when it comes to DM-ing and now GM-ing.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-11-2012 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yay, I will try to make it to one of the next RP events. I'll be there on my prof, to hit on all the ladies.

*Thinks a moment.* Holy crap, Aaron is actually about 32 almost 33 in January. X_X

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2012 06:01 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

just looking at adrillf's post i'm pretty sure that the GMs do value woe/pvp/bg and that they consider it an important part of the game.

i would agree about the need for updates, but overall it seems the GMs have spent more time reading/writing/pondering/coding about the pvp aspects compared to the pvm aspects in the last 3 years.

Most "pvm" players seem to use 3-4 maps at most (hillwinds, nameless), and those maps haven't been touched by GMs for over 3 years.

RP events are open to both pvm and pvp players. If anything, this event is definitely better suited for pvp players who have demi human reducs and status resists and knows castles inside out compared to unequipped pvm players who die in 1 shot from guardians. This event gives people who focused on pvp other maps to play with rather than just anubis or rachel.

most of us talking here never got the newbie guild pack, but the fact that it is there just goes to show that this server DOES pander more to pvp players than pvm players. Consider the fact that not all servers out there give such incentives either, i'm pretty sure it's safe to say that this server DOES give MORE incentives for pvp players.

I've been saying from the start that the GMs have done everything they possibly could to make pvp/bg/woe more attractive to players (and if you re-read my previous comments carefully i'm sure you'll see that in no way have i implied that the boxes here are not standard RMS fare - i used 'rewards' to refer to the woe reward npc which gives out bg keys etc).
So please stop whining as if the GMs haven't bent over backwards trying to bring the luster back to the pvp scene.

W
09-12-2012 01:28 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Wondering if something like this could be done nowadays. BG has a pretty good GVG mechanic that keeps you from hurting your own teammates, wondering if we can have a rehash of this with actual fighting between Light and Dark?

(09-06-2012 07:42 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  Dark side is full of drunkards and light side is too fat to walk from all the cake.

Personally, I'd root for the dark side, but is this going to be going on with sunday woe? or what???Is there Friendly fire (since all lightlings and all darklings are in??Many multiple guilds (with light and dark in the same guilds, would they be unable to attack their opposing guildmates?), and WoE implies GVG, how's this all going to work? =x

Also, I like how Lady Thea is??the "Leader of the Light Alleigiance" but Sir Merlot is still??the Default "Junior Member".

(PS, Dark side could send an unarmed vit/dex/int Perma Baby novice in and break the emp with light side trying to stop it)
This comment still stands.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 04:28 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-16-2014 04:27 PM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Actually, some work on Light vs Dark events has been done already, but I'll need to finish working on all the SVN-related things to get deeper into this Icon_razz

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
10-16-2014 07:07 PM
Zeroxas Offline
Master Noobie Helper :D

I'm sad I missed this intensity

[Image: 207274i.jpg]
Image size reduced by Ciar because it breaks the rules regarding signature sizes
11-26-2014 06:59 PM