Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark vs Light WoE
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Dark vs Light WoE

Well, that was ... unexpected, although it would have been funnier to see them quarrel in game.

Special WoE : LvD Edition

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
09-06-2012 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Dark side is full of drunkards and light side is too fat to walk from all the cake.

Personally, I'd root for the dark side, but is this going to be going on with sunday woe? or what???Is there Friendly fire (since all lightlings and all darklings are in??Many multiple guilds (with light and dark in the same guilds, would they be unable to attack their opposing guildmates?), and WoE implies GVG, how's this all going to work? =x

Also, I like how Lady Thea is??the "Leader of the Light Alleigiance" but Sir Merlot is still??the Default "Junior Member".

(PS, Dark side could send an unarmed vit/dex/int Perma Baby novice in and break the emp with light side trying to stop it)
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 08:59 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-06-2012 07:42 PM
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

I'm reminded of Strongbad for some reason.

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
09-06-2012 08:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Please do not host this event at the same time than normal WoE!

I am totally down for Dark vs Light WoE... ToH format (Light colored/Dark colored Heros fighting in castle)

Let me warn you, Light stand absolute no chance, despite having Amara's god item. Dark will still squish the crap out of you.
09-06-2012 09:13 PM
lyeak Offline

*Excited by the quarrel *
When can the WOE start? I want to join it and yeah would like to beat dark out of its place Icon_razz
And still no GM schedule the time for the WOE?
09-07-2012 08:30 PM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

After moderating the debate between the two sides I come bearing news! They have come to an agreement on how to find out which side is stronger at WoE.

Both leaders are going to volunteer the same members to fight against the heroes that come to the WOE. The volunteers from both the light and dark side will defend the castle, while the players from first one side, and then the other attempt to break into the castle.

The side who pushes furthest into the castle and clears the most rooms wins.

Prizes will be given to all participants, but are dependent upon how far the group makes it through the castle. If you don't even make it into the castle you'll get a few gift boxes, but if you manage to break the emperium and clear out the castle, you will get much, MUCH better prizes. If there is a good enough turn out there is the potential for this to carry heavier, more important, rewards.

This will be on a WoE map, but with changed stats on the map. WoE reductions will not be on, there will still be no exp loss, and if you die you do not instantly respawn back at your save point. There will be no GM commands used once the event is started, which means no full maps raises. The map is not gvg, or pvp enabled, which means that this event is PvM in a WoE castle, not WoE against monsters (for now at least).

There are no time limits to the event, you may crawl through the castle as slow as you would like, however if there is a tie in castle progression (for example both light and dark manage to get to the pre-emp room) ties go to whoever got to that point in the fastest time.

Everyone is invited to come to these events, all levels and all classes, and I strongly encourage you to wear reductions and bring some healing items.??

This is a new event that any GM can host and run. And whenever it is hosted it will be ran both light and dark, or dark and light, back to back. We are using this event as a gauge of interest and on timing for future events and projects. That means that for all of you people that are complaining that international people don't get events, show up to these when/if the events match your time zone and make your voice heard.??

When participating in this event, you either have to-
1- wear your light/dark gears (ToH wings, helm)
2- wear your allegiance palate, you can find this at Styla in Prontera.
Light side, to get your palate, you talk to Styla -> Cloth Color -> Allegiance Colors -> Light Allegiance -> Golden Gear
Dark side, to get your palate, you talk to Styla -> Cloth Color -> Allegiance Colors -> Dark Allegiance -> Vampire's Coupe

We hope to see you all at these events, stay tuned for knowing when these events will be held, and be sure to keep track of our HeRO twitter that you can find @heRO_Server for information about the server and other event information. https://twitter.com/heRO_Server

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-07-2012 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Excuse me, after reading this, I've just lost interest in the event.

1. WoE is supposed to be PvP, not PvM (some people can be excellent grinders, killing monster, but suck at WoE).
2. It doesn't even value the WoE oriented stuff such as Thara Frog card, Evil Druid, etc, UNLESS all monsters are Demi-Humans;
3. Defending a castle/pushing through a castle against players isn't the same than pushing against monsters... Monsters are dumb (very uncontrolable... [such as in castle 1, the MVP is in one corner vs in Castle 2, the MVP is on emp], have insane stats and have idiot skills (Earthquake, Helljudgement, or whatever gay crap they do).
4. This highly benefit Light, a) they have more people, b) most of them are PvM oriented, c) facing the same monsters with a HIGHER NUMBER does make a DIFFERENCE;

Conclusion, I will not waste my ressource (say ranked pots, EDPs, converters, berries) fighting some Dark Lords, Beezle, Hibi guarding a castle...

Monsters do not teamwork, they don't trap, Loki, Web, dispel, lex or set up a precast, they don't SW the emp, they don't status you to prevent you from breaking.... All you need to do is send in a FAT Lure, lure the monsters away and send your breakers in and let the Lurers die... for the team.

This sounds more like a town invasion than WoE! (for those of you who played StarCraft/WarCraft, this is a very similar thing than "Golem") The team that gets through the most waves wins
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 12:06 AM by ChaosPrince.)
09-08-2012 12:01 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Double post, I want some PvP, I want to fight PLAYERS, not MONSTERS.
Show Light that they ONLY win ToH mass battle because they OUTNUMBER us and that they win when 90% of the people are built/geared for PvM!
09-08-2012 12:13 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

I'd join up if it was PvP... cause I basically tank guilds. :D
09-08-2012 12:41 AM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

PvP players want more pvp events.
RP players want more RP events.

I'm starting this out as an RP event, and it will progress to a PvP event if there is enough of a player backing to support it as one. I'm trying to make everyone happy, and I'm sorry that pvp players aren't first on the list, but as an RP player and the RP GM, I'm sort of biased, so just wait your turn.

If you want this to turn into a true pvp event, get people to join and prove that there is player backing during these event times to get WoE 2.0 going.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-08-2012 01:48 AM