Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark vs Light WoE
CookieMonster Offline

RE:??Dark vs Light WoE

GM-Chaucer Wrote:If you want this to turn into a true pvp event, get people to join and prove that there is player backing during these event times to get WoE 2.0 going.

So if we the players don't do anything you GMs won't do anything to improve the pvp/woe in this server? Great!
If you want pvp/woe players to promise that we will come for these "pvp events", please do something that will promise us that it will be fun. I personally don't want to be spending my hard earned resources for stupid reasons and i bet most pvp/woe oriented players think the same way too. From what i can see, most pvp/woe players here are just done with this server, please do something before asking us players to do something.
09-08-2012 03:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrsCharcanine Offline
PKMN TRAINER

RE: ??Dark vs Light WoE

CookieMonster Wrote:
GM-Chaucer Wrote:If you want this to turn into a true pvp event, get people to join and prove that there is player backing during these event times to get WoE 2.0 going.

So if we the players don't do anything you GMs won't do anything to improve the pvp/woe in this server? Great!
If you want pvp/woe players to promise that we will come for these "pvp events", please do something that will promise us that it will be fun. I personally don't want to be spending my hard earned resources for stupid reasons and i bet most pvp/woe oriented players think the same way too. From what i can see, most pvp/woe players here are just done with this server, please do something before asking us players to do something.
That's not even fair on the GM's part and it's pretty rude, imo. Players always complain and complain and complain. When they actually DO get to try something out, they complain even more! People act like GMs aren't doing anything to the server, and this is to show they are. I'm sure they're trying their best here. Be grateful we even GET events to do this. Yes, this is definitely not fruitful for PVP/WoE players, but it is something that the WHOLE SERVER can attend and take part of. Give it a chance. And, 'If we players don't do anything, GMs won't improve pvp/woe on this server?'. Of course not. It's the players that control the server and the GMs simply cater to what we want. I don't want to sound like I'm being biased or purposely getting on people's backs or w/e. I'm just saying that be happy an allegiance event(aside from ToH) has emerged after quite a while.

[Image: kku876l]
[Image: 1zf23br.png]
09-08-2012 06:06 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dark vs Light WoE

imho, looking at how many ppl showed up for PVP in the last TOH compared to monster-item participants, i'd say it's right about right to cater to the many first.

WOE still has the best reward in game in and on itself, so poor turn out in WOE is in no way the GMs fault (unless they did something so serious change how WOE is operated). Personally, I'd do WOE myself if the time was not so woefully timed for my RL timezone. That being said, i still believe that a change in WOE time might jus attract more people. Sadly, there is no way to proof it until we actually change it, thereby forever consigning that chain of thought into the chicken-or-egg bin.

and PVP events? BG is on automatically every hour.
The only "regular" event for non-pvp-ers is muspel - that's once a week.
Even if we count all the GM events (birthdays, seasonal events, TOH, DB, novice events, etc) and say that on average we get one a day throughout the life of the server (which we don't) - that would still be less than the 150+ BGs A WEEK (times how long BG has been there)

and don't even say that nowadays players can initiate automated events - BG keys are way more common than those auto event keys.

TL/DR: the fact that there just happens to be more non-pvp players is not the GM's fault. The reason WOE is "stale" is because it just so happens the "elites" of WOE in HeRO tend to clump up to be able to farm god item parts effectively thereby consigning themselves to eternal boredom.

W
09-08-2012 07:24 AM
Nevera Offline

lol 2.0 in hero
09-08-2012 09:25 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

5 people without God Items win on 16 people, some of them with God Items.
Don't start to speak of God Items and mvp card of woe, because is the ability of player that change.
And BG: yeah for pvp random with mha people, and nothing can tank a f*** sinx. Afk people from years and not banned, all people asked repair and GM ignore them. W THE BGs!
And I'm agree on all with CP.

Edit: maha u forgot the zombie run and fabre tame, strangely...

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 11:57 AM by cane 33.)
09-08-2012 11:52 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

You all seem to be thinking of it in terms of an RP PVM based event OR a PvP one.
If this one was not to happen, it doesn't not suddenly mean it'd be PvP happening instead.

Chaucer is an RP GM. His job is to do RP events. It is what he was hired for.
While you may not agree with the way of it, the server needs to get back on its feet RP wise, and starting off with a restrictive event (ie, only for the interest of PvPers), is not the way to do it.
While perhaps a different story line would better reflect that and remove any possible cross over, perhaps this, if anything, will open up room for actual PvP style things in the RP storylines.

In all, while you may disagree with it being PVM instead of PVP, it is a restart for RP events that heRO hasn't had for years, and solely needs. Afterall,??you all say not many WoEers/PvPers exist on heRO anymore. What better to start off the RP area again than something that appeals to the majority population?
Once it's established, then more niche areas can be addressed and catered for.
If anything, you're damaging that attempt to restart by bringing such a bratty attitude and attempting to beat everyone else into the ground with it.
If you want PVP RP events, try to guide them long, now that they appear to be restarting. Support them and suggest for them.

If you keep throwing a "It's not fair. It's not what we want right nowomg", then more than likely, you'll find it gets taken away from everyone. Wait your turn, and help guide it on the way.
Show interest, not tantrums.

You have a brand new, RP GM. Don't ruin it.

If you're not interested in RP events at all, then ignore it. Simply because it's happening in a castle doesn't make you judge, jury and executioner. We've had PVM maps turn PVP. It can happen, if ever so briefly, the other way too.

BG repairs, while nice, is purely a quality of life thing. It makes it mildly easier for anyone who gets broken equips through BGing, but it is not *vital*.
The BGs NPC has a cool down of a couple of minutes between when rounds can be started. As I said, nice, quality of life, but is not something that should be making or breaking BGs for you.
If it is, your priorities are way off.

BGs was released (without prizes until about a year ago) 1.5 years ago. Hardly "years".

This reappearing of "I refuse to join because I refuse to waste materials" is saddening. Forget the materials. If you find the idea interesting, join. If you don't, then simply don't. I fail to see why you're letting your materials govern your RO play time.
But then again, I'm also old enough to remember when Ayu was the RP GM. People played because they were interested, materials or no. In group things like this, you don't have to individually be the best, or the most prepared. There's no ranking board for that. :/

Dani, where are you and your sexy male characters? Icon_sad

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-08-2012 12:34 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Chaucher is a RP GM, is fine, but can make a GM for pvp players too? Or simple ignore this players, which now?
f*** this event: we are speaking of general now.
U all are seeing pvp pleayers quit for various things: GMs ignores him or waste, make him game impossible (muted Guild Leader on woe ftw asd), ect.

Don't say "go on other Server": if we are here, asking things for pvp and don't go on other server is because we love heRO and need that this server become better on pvp side too.

This event don't like? Don't go.

@Ellie: the majority of players are for pvm, is true, but the others? Ignore us for ever? heRo has already lose A LOT (just see the woe ridiclous now), not let lose the last things asd

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-08-2012 12:55 PM
Arianna Offline
Personal heRO

Chaucer did state that it is an RP event and based on the turn out could BECOME A PVP event. Do people not read anymore?

Did RPers get this set up because we sat and yelled and screamed? Kicked out feet? Made threats on leaving the server? No.

The PVP and WoE-ers that left. I've heard they all left because they had no time for heRO, Hated the pvp/woe blah blah blah, They played on other servers things like that.

Give it a break. If you haven't noticed there is ONE RP event. Werewolf(which started again RECENTLY)

While PVPers have WoE, BG, PVP Room, Duels, ToH(its half and half there)

Stop complaining because its not for PVP. -_- If enough people come it just MIGHT BE Read what Chaucer said a few more times maybe it will sink in.

PvP has more then RP. Don't like it don't join. I agree with Ellie FTW.

Anikka-(Main)Sniper-86
Ari Anna-(BolterSP)Prof-98
Akkara-Ninja-60
Odena-Alchemist-77
Neferia-Sinx-71
Nyrien-Wizard-75
Amashu- High Priest-70
Lady Sylvanas-Linker-67
Ari Love-Dancer-57
[Image: Gif%20hero_zpskokchtmv.gif]
09-08-2012 01:23 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

And that's what I mean about a tantrum. Somebody else starts getting a nice thing, and you have to flail your arms around going "Where is exactly what I want!?"

If you would kindly reread, you'll notice I address PvP players. Several times. If PVP players want something to do with the RP content, WHICH THIS THREAD IS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT, then the RP content needs to get off the ground again in the first place. The quickest way to do that is to get as many people interested, as quick as possible. Ie, appeal to the majority. Once it IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING AGAIN, then time can be taken to develop niche (ie, PVP, WoE, nobles, etc) RP events.

Hate to break it to you sweet cakes, but you're not alone. Everyone hasn't had an SVN update in over 2 years. We've had one custom dungeon (yaknow, the PVM stuff) release in 4, and only a couple of months ago at that. DG was about Oct 2009, Nydd not tooo long after (mid 2010? at latest?)
PVM recently got cards, true. But they didn't get a big dungeon update when you guys got BGs, either.
The RP community hasn't had ANYTHING for THREE years. Nothing. The last proper RP event was in Oct? 2009, when DG was released. Don't enbitter it for them, or attempt to demotivate the new RP GM, because it's not about you. Icon_sad

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 01:28 PM by Ellie.)
09-08-2012 01:24 PM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

The first try of this will be today at 11:00 pm server time. Light side will be first, and once they die (because they will) and then dark side will give it a go. To join, meet in Prontera, north of the central fountain at the hands statue.

Thanks to those people that understand that RP on this RP server needs a good restart and understand where I'm coming from.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-08-2012 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply