Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

After the first running of the Light Vs Dark event, light came out victorious, but only through a technical ruling of timing. Melot and Thea wanted this to be a true showing of who was stronger, not just who could walk faster, and so here are the next two scheduled times that this event will be ran. Clear your calender, wake up early, or take a nap so you can stay up late if you would like to come to these.

From the first running a typical go through the castle takes just around 20 minutes, so if you are up first, make sure you are at the statues in Prontera at the starting time ready to go. If you are the other side, be sure to be online and ready to go about 15 or 20 minutes after the first side goes so that you do not miss your call to the event. If you are unsure of what time it is on the server, use the @time command.

-- SECOND RUNNING WILL BE HELD AT--
Thursday at 7pm server (dark side will go first this time, followed by light)

-- THIRD RUNNING WILL BE HELD AT --
Saturday at 11 am server (light going first, followed by dark)

Hopefully, now that you have seen the monsters and know the layout of the event things will go a bit smoother these next few times, just so I can finally show off the precast that's in the emp room, (and yes, monsters can precast if you use the right ones).

As a reminder of some of the rules-
This is on a WoE map, but is not WoE rules. You may use fish and banned WoE skills like back slide and ice wall. WoE reductions are not in effect, and you will not be kicked off the map on death and can be resurrected (so bring leafs).

There is no time limit; however there are monsters that do not have spawn counters and will continue to populate maps until you kill them, so there is a bit of a push on time if you don't want to be over ran by the spawned zerg rush.

GM powers will not be used once the event starts. I will not warp you in if you re-log, I will not heal you, and I will not fix your gears if they become broken. As long as you stay in your original parties when the event began, you will be recalled for prizes at the end. If you are late, you're late and won't be let in the event, it's not fair to those that showed up on time to let in people 10 minutes later walk in and get rewards for work done.

Rooms escalate in difficulty. Much like in normal WoE where the hardest room to get cleaned is the emp room, the same is true for this event.

Distance and room progression is not measured by cells but by portals entered. As valiant as Gorium's run straight into the huge mob of monsters in the pre-emp was and it did make him officially the furthest progressing character, he was still in the pre-emp and never made it to the emp room.

You are not forced to organize, but if a light or dark leader wants to organize an actual balanced party to face against this task to prove that they're stronger, they may.

Hope to see you all there! No1

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-11-2012 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~YIN~ Offline

RE: Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

light wins cause the strong dark people will be asleep, work, or simply not participating in those times. GL people!

~YIN~ - 99/70 HP
~YANG~ - 99/70 Champ
Tiny Sized - 99/70 HP
Plus Sized - 95/68 LK
Pocket Sized - 99/70 Prof
Pint Sized - 99/70 Sniper
Life Sized - 99/70 Sniper
Bite Sized - 99/70 HW
Over Sized - 99/70 HW
King Sized - 99/70 Clown
Super Sized - 99/70 Pally
Fun Sized - 99/70 Whitesmith
09-11-2012 07:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Light ALWAYS won through numbers (which causes even MORE people to join light), what's new?

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
09-12-2012 05:05 AM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

With my schedule allowing me to do so, I can finally try this event I heard so much about.

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
09-12-2012 09:52 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE:??Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

Jens Wrote:Light ALWAYS won through numbers (which causes even MORE people to join light), what's new?

And when handicaps are proposed, GM would not do it.

Why people join light? Because they have that transparent Wings that the Dark side don't have. So former dark players switched to Light.

1. Light and Dark should have equal things, which would balance out the numbers, not favorise one side (Better sprite -> More people go Light -> free 10 points at ToH mass battle)
2. GMs should not cross there arms and say this is a player matter. No it's not, because people join Light for 2 reasons. Better script and easy win due to numbers.
09-12-2012 02:30 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

And the people prancing around proclaiming that "Light ALWAYS wins and dark is forever screwed!" are just as much of an issue.

From Nov to like May or whatever crap, Light and Dark were even for ToH Mass Battle wins.
And yet, the announcement of this came as a surprise to everyone, because no one had, ya'know, actually taken the two minutes to do the count. They'd all just assumed that Light had won every time, and pranced around proclaiming it to every Allegiance discussion that came up.
Including a bunch where newbies were asking about the two different sides. Upon being told "Light ALWAYS wins", wanna guess which one they chose~?

And sides NEVER got a handicap. Not even when Dark was on their giant arse winning streak for years.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 02:38 PM by Ellie.)
09-12-2012 02:37 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I DO NOT get all the hate for the Dark side's wings; I really don't. I have no love for Light's transparent wings, although a black-feathered version of the Archangel Wings would be super cool. Personally, I think the Tenebrous Wings that Dark has are awesomesauce, as are pretty much all of them with the possible exception of the level 3's.

As for getting a handicap, we clearly don't need one. Dark had half as many people as Light for the event, and made it just as far. Whoopdie do, Light got there faster. The more often the event happens, the more prepared we'll be able to be. (Me for example, I'll be using the no-death client this time. /derp)

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-12-2012 05:46 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

aaanyway, i'm proposing we plan ahead. The event is due to be held in less than 24 hours. I have ~10 ours waking time left, so all LIGHT and DARK who are 89+ and want to be part of a proper team seriously trying to overcome this challenge please post a comment here.

don't need such fancy gears, just basic resists (thara/fb/vali/ray/nox) and a willingness to cooperate.

I'm currently thinking the following formation:
1 LK
1 pally with gospel (optional)
1 champ
1 HW
1 bragi
1 sp song (optional)
2 prof
2 snipers
2 hp

having a trigger happy AD-lobber would be grand, but i don't expect anyone to shell out that much cash unless they absolutely want to.

the champ is expected to bring some fish (~ 5 nemo or 10 dory) just in case we need some fast asura in front where the profs cant reach. The rest are expected to bring some pots just to stay alive before the party can regroup and prepare heals etc. Everyone should bring at least 5 ygg leaves. Priests pls bring 100 bgems so that you can use sanc/sw when needed. HWs pls bring some gems, and profs pls bring some webs and y gems. Some = ~10.

As long as we keep formation properly, i don't think we'll need that many consumables, so if everyone cooperates i think we can do this easily and relatively cheaply.

So lemme know if you're interested, and post your char name and job so we can design the party properly.

W
09-12-2012 09:26 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE:??Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

Ellie Wrote:And the people prancing around proclaiming that "Light ALWAYS wins and dark is forever screwed!" are just as much of an issue.

From Nov to like May or whatever crap, Light and Dark were even for ToH Mass Battle wins.
And yet, the announcement of this came as a surprise to everyone, because no one had, ya'know, actually taken the two minutes to do the count. They'd all just assumed that Light had won every time, and pranced around proclaiming it to every Allegiance discussion that came up.
Including a bunch where newbies were asking about the two different sides. Upon being told "Light ALWAYS wins", wanna guess which one they chose~?

And sides NEVER got a handicap. Not even when Dark was on their giant arse winning streak for years.

I've got my Generation 5 wings.. I missed 2 months, and I remember failing my first ever ToH, thus in 8 ToH's (aka 8 months), Dark never won once. Maybe they did 1/8... but Kev carried the like 15 Dark vs like 40 lights...

The closest Mass Battle (in terms of numbers) would be the most recent one (Azote was host). I believe it was 14 Dark and 18 Light... with like 2~4 Dark being AFK.

2 possibilities:
1. Light have always had the number, but were no match for the godlike players; aka Dark is unable to win without them
-or-
2. On top of having the numbers, Light has the better players (I dare you to say this!)
09-12-2012 10:48 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

perhaps what she was referring to was the years and years dark dominated mass pvp endlessly...

i've been here almost 4 years now, and for the first 2 years, light prolly only won 3-4 times. Took me 12 TOHs to get my first 5th gen with my monk.

W
09-13-2012 05:35 AM