* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Future Fairy Auction Idea - Heroic Account
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE:??Future Fairy Auction Idea - Heroic Account

GM-Rahice Wrote:You seem to be missing the point.

This account isn't being sold for Real Money.

I skimmed through it, yes I did miss it.

I still think this is broken. Players who donate $$ to the server don't even get this service; how come it can be obtained through zeny??

Furthermore, the player who will win the bid must probly be very rich/elite... This will only increase the seperation between the high end players and the lower ones.

Thus, no!
09-16-2012 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Future Fairy Auction Idea - Heroic Account

Account info for sale/trade has always been a shady mark in my book, that was never endorsed by GM's. While I do feel safer dealing with this stuff through a GM-sanctioned auction,??I don't believe it sets a good example and sorta seems like an abuse of power.

I never would have thought the GM team would stoop low enough to Make an account full of maxed characters and rent it off. Regardless of the items included (or not) with it.

That said, the items are nice, and seem like decent auctioning material. Make them like RO's rentable equipment. Open a box with that item inside and you have so long before the equipment destroys itself. ( Seems like any knight builds with those gears would need to incorporate 1-hand quicken and/or bowling bash to be effective)

The flat 100 k rate for resetting could also be an interesting auction prize as well.

Keep in mind, I'm thinking fro, a PVM point of view. *sits and waits for some poor sap who didn't read any of this to send a half dozen support tickets to the GM-team because he thought he??"Bought" that account permanently when his rental ends*
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 12:13 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-17-2012 12:02 AM
Monomate Offline

While the idea in itself behind it is noble (promoting the pvp/woe scene, I appreciate that the GMs did brainstorm about it), I can't see this helping anything at all.

1. Rahice's words:??The idea behind the gears was to enable someone to be BG, Trans and Non-Trans WoE prepared. This will not happen. I can guarantee that the account will be bought by someone who already Woe's. If anyone was slightly interested in doing Woe they would join a Woe guild and start doing so, not wait for a golden oppurtunity like this to suddenly get the urge to (and be able and willing to outbid an established Woe guild who would pitch money together and have much more to gain from acquiring this). Thus the woe pop will remain the same, only the outcome might change a bit. As for BG, there is no absolutely no reason to BG on it since BG gears are untradable and would be deleted after the 1 month mark.

2. Gears are vastly overpowered! Something on par with current endgame pvp/BG gears along with a little extra to spice it up I would be fine with, but this is too much. I get it that you made them untransable to balance it out a bit, but transes arent that much better than non trans. Blacksmith and Monk can still pack a punch, while most classes can tank the same, minus 2 or 3k hp. I do NOT want to see a sage with these gears.

Not to mention; while the premise is that this is a Woe account, nothing stops the owner from doing pvm with it. What was it 70def/60mdef? +10 all stats and immunity to most statuses that would make one hell of a pvm tank, just that def alone is near-impossible to achieve on a non swordy class.

If another idea behind this is to counter the people with mvp cards/god items running around with a Terminator of your own, it actually makes it worse for the majority of people, because you will NEED mvp cards/god items to even hope taking this Terminator down.

Imo if you want to promote the pvp/bg/woe scene, the most logical choice is to add bg/woe-only consummables, obtainable by both woe and bg points. Its a tried and true system that most pservers have. War whites and blue are a good start but its not nearly enough (and they are expensive vs the amount you get to use in a woe), we need AD mats, glit coat, spider webs, y/r gems, speed pots and poison bottles in there, on top of my head.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 12:23 AM by Monomate.)
09-17-2012 12:13 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Everything that you guys are saying is being taken seriously, thus why this was posted to get opinions on the matter.

To the ones that have already inputted their opinions there is a lot that I agree with. I agree that they are overpowered, and that it could be something very easily exploitable. In all honesty I didn't really expect someone who was new to the server to be one that would wind up with the package -if- it ever would be sold. Just from the sheer fact that if any of you have come to the Fairy Auction you know that things can get pricey extremely quickly.

If I didn't make a comment back on something you said, it's not because I didn't acknowledge it or that I think it was a stupid point. I'm just making rough and random replies to what you are currently saying.

And, as far as the materials for woe/bg I'm unsure where Pandora stands on offering those via NPC for rewards, but I will try to find something out about it. Joe, the same goes for what you stated. Perhaps it could be something we could do, we'll see. ^_^

This is still going to remain open for people to input their opinions on the matter, currently we have Mostly No's and a few Unsure's.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
09-17-2012 12:44 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: ??Future Fairy Auction Idea - Heroic Account

ChaosPrince Wrote:I still think this is broken. Players who donate $$ to the server don't even get this service; how come it can be obtained through zeny??

uhmm... by placing bid on fairy auction with zenny when it decided?

and yeah.. my question would be similar to monomate..
what happened if the owner got non-tradable item?
such as BG gear / ToH voucher?
09-17-2012 02:35 AM
GM-Rahice Offline

Not something that was discussed at the time. I'll ask Panda about that, we do give time for the person to remove their items, but they have to do it in a timely manner as well.

09-17-2012 03:21 AM
GM-Rahice Offline

Double Post!

Thank you all for the feedback on this idea, as the name implied this is just an idea. This idea will not be happening.

09-17-2012 10:17 PM
Thread Closed