Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MOAR BG KEYS
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: MOAR BG KEYS

+1 on your notion, Albus.

But the thing about BG keys as they are right now (at least for me) is this: BG keys are farmable by participating in WOE, thereby ensuring that non-scheduled BGs are in the benefit of ppl who actually WOE (which means that they will ensure that they have enough ppl who they want to BG with) and some random stragglers (if applicable).

Now if the server allows free access to non-scheduled BG, that would allow people who AFK in BG (and all the other variants of unwanted BG participants) to initiate and "ruin" even more BGs.

Personally i have no vested interest in either development, but I would think that it would be prudent to put in safeguards to deter the latter from happening.

I don't think there's an easy solution, but perhaps if we are to remove BG keys as a requirement to initiate BG, we should increase the entrance fee to ensure that there is more incentive to bring and use pots in BG. But wouldn't it adversely affect the serious WOE players you say? Why yes, but what about we let BG keys remain as WOE rewards, make it "cheaper" (in terms of WOE minutes), and allow key holders to use it as a free ticket to participate in BG?

W
09-23-2012 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nevera Offline

what about bg/woe gm? that solves it... ok, no, its hero.
09-24-2012 11:08 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

About more bg keys: maybe, I got a few ideas which I'll discuss with the other GMs.

As for people starting BG whenever, sorry but the current BG setup is how we want it to be, it would have been easier to make it started by players whenever if that's how we had wanted it. We'll see about consumables.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-25-2012 01:49 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Thanks for the response.??I'll have to live with that situation, then, I suppose...??but then I think PvM players should only get exp/drops from monsters for 10 minutes per hour unless they supply Map Keys to unlock those features more often for that map (you know, just to be fair Icon_wink)!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 07:31 PM by azurerogue.)
09-25-2012 07:30 PM