Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Begginer's Guide To Card Hunting
Menace651 Offline

Begginer's Guide To Card Hunting

Card Hunting In General
Card Hunting in Ragnarok is probably one of the most tedious but rewarding tasks there is to do. Besides being worth millions of zeny, cards also grant you special stats or abilities that are not found on regular gear. In this guide I will share my knowledge on low level card hunting and how to do it.

Why Even Bother With Card Hunting?
Given HeRO's currently inflated economy you may be asking "why even bother spending days hunting for a card, when I can just spend a couple hours farming junk drops at hillwinds and buy it?" Well the answer is simple. Although it is a lot easier just to farm zeny and buy the card you want, it may not always be available and if it is, it is probably overly priced. Even the cards from the easiest monsters like Zeroms, Planktons, Etc. are so high in??demand that you almost never see them on vend. So, if you want that godly Zerom card you are going to have to buckle down and do some hunting.

How To Do It
Now we get to the good part of this guide. The who, what, where and how of card hunting.
Who?-Basically any class that can kill fast and can move fast. I prefer Knights/Crusaders because they get a bonus movement from their Pecos and it also stacks with movement increasing gear/consumables. Snipers with Wind Walk also work great as well as Linkers and Monks.
How?-There are 2 major parts to being a successful card hunter. Moving Fast and Killing Fast. The faster you can kill a monster the faster you get its drop. Moving fast is also important because being able to move from one monster to the next as quick as possible increases the number of monsters you can kill per hour, therefore increasing the number of chances of getting a card drop. That's why it is important to pick a character that can move fast and kill a monster in 1-2 shots. Movement increasing gear like PecoPeco Hairband or Marvelous Wig is a must have. If you don't have those then grab a couple of Authoritative Badges. Flywing'ing around the map isn't efficient and is a waste of wings. Also try to do "laps" around the map. This way you are spreading the mobs out evenly. If you only hunt a certain area of a map for too long the monsters eventually respawn and group up together in another area of the map.
What?-Chicken Butt.
Where?-I will now list some of the good places to hunt for cards. Feel free to mention if I have missed any other good places.

Byalan Dungeon 1-5
[Image: ba89369c40b5__1344788421000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
Probably one of the best places to hunt. Almost ever monster in Byalan Dungeon drops a good card. The first 3 levels are pretty easy as you can easily 1-2 shot kill all the monsters. The 4-5 levels are a little bit more difficult as they contain harder monsters. You might need a stronger character to be able to kill those.

Sphinx 2
[Image: db54497c7b1f__1344788421000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
Sphinx 2 is a pain in the a** to hunt just because the map is so hard to navigate, but the cards that drop here are probably the most valuable. Zerom Cards sell for about 15m and Matyr Cards about 6m+.

Peco Peco Island
[Image: 23914370eb74__1344788421000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
3 maps south of Prontera is Peco Peco Island. This is a good place to hunt because Peco Peco Egg Cards sell for 12m and Peco Peco Cards for 2m-3m. Peco Pecos also drop oranges that refill your SP. So you can basically hunt here forever without having to sit or bringing along SP items.

Thara Frog Cave
[Image: 2810e6f8b981__1344788421000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
Thara Frog Cave is one map right of Comodo and has 2 of the best pvp cards to drop, Thara Frog Card and Hydra Card. Both are extremely easy to kill. Much of the map is non-playable terrain so the monsters tend to group up very nice for you.

Poring Island
[Image: 79e94c21a93a__1344788421000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
Poring Island is 2 south and 1 right of Prontera. The poring cards that drop here are hatter cards so are only worth 400k-500k but have the highest chances of dropping out of any monster in the game (.15% versus the normal .03%). So If you are a big Hatter addict this is the place to hunt your hatters. If you are strong enough you can also try your luck at the poring mini-bosses here (Angeling, Deviling, Ghostring). Their cards, although rare, are extremely valuable.

These are the only places I could think of at the moment. If anyone has any other good spots to hunt feel free to post. Thanks for reading my guide and hopefully this will help you in your quest for cards. Feel free give constructive criticism.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 12:20 PM by Menace651.)
08-12-2012 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: Begginer's Guide To Card Hunting

Could you resize the images? Its really stretching out the forums D:

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
08-12-2012 12:07 PM
Menace651 Offline

Resized. Sorry I'm horrible with posting pix.
08-12-2012 12:21 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Its especially nice when there's maps with large numbers of the monster and "killing fast" equates to killing them all in one burst.

Vanberk/Isilla are probably the Easiest to farm with Sins, Snipers and??maybe even Wizards due to their ability to Mob up over half the??map and Kill them all without taking a hit (if done right). But Mobbing isn't always an option with a lot of monsters where they are few and far in between.??It's also important to determine how fast the monsters can walk too, too slow a chase speed, you might as well be better off killing 1 by 1.

I'd like to toss in Raydrics in the list of valuable cards that are most commonly sought after, but They do have decent defense that tends to get annoying, and mobs and the map tend to make SP costly on linkers.

Also, on a 3x drop rate, the statistical number of kills to get one card is 3334 kills (3333.33 repeating if you want to get technical), but there is always the probability of getting it on your first kill, or never getting it at all no matter how many you slaughter.

Key to card hunting is persistance,??and hoping??and praying that the RNG is kind to you.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 10:05 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-12-2012 10:02 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I use an aspd stalker for card farming where the mobs tend to be more spread out. You don't even haveta have a tele clip for it since you have intimidate, and this can help a lot when you don't have a creamy card at all yet.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-12-2012 10:17 PM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

Ayothaya field 1 is a nice beginner farming area too. The cheapest card is a hatter card (Coco), and you can farm sandals[1] and hood[1] at the same time. The map is a nice simple ring so its easy to navigate and thoroughly kill all the monsters without missing any.
08-14-2012 09:15 AM