Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upcoming SVN change
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Upcoming SVN change

I know this has been long awaited, but lots of problems and my own humble inadequacy with linux and technical server stuff prevented us from changing it.

What is a svn? Basically it's a subversion of the emulator that runs Ragnarok, our emulator is called eAthena and we run on a subversion made for linux with SQL. When problems occur, some stuff can be fixed by us (GM team), but the stuff that is hardcoded can only be fixed by the Devs at eA and they released new version of their emulator with bug fixed, the new releases are the SVN. In clear, it will fix some bugs and bring to our server the new stuff from gravity. It's good to update SVN often, unfortunatly, there are a lot of complications associated with updating, specially on a project that included as much as 7 people in the begining and where each can or has modified stuff.

So, we are currently working on the new svn, I cannot tell you when it will be ready, but I can let you know what will probably happen when it is. There are 2 possible situation, but either way we will be needing your help. I will first put the new svn on a test server (high rate) so that we may together try to find any problems, conflicts or bugs related to it. It's been a long time since we updated, and like last time I'm sure there will be a lot of changed stuff that everyone will be either happy or unhappy about. This is why it will be important to give us your opinion about it, if you decide not to come test it, it means you fully accept any changes that will come with the new svn and I don't wanna hear any complaints afterwards!

Icon_razz

Here's how it's going to be, either one of those situation depending on the set up that we can do:

Situation 1 : heRO will close up for a day and I'll put up the test server up for that day with a fresh database, and I hope everyone will come and help us iron it out, if it's sucessful the next day heRO will have the newest svn with the normal database, aka you will not lose any information don'T worry (if it doesnt work we will keep working on it and repeat the process again later).

Situation 2 : heRO and the test server will run simultaniously for a week and again I hope for everyone's cooperation to come and check it out and identify any conflict present, once all the testing is done we will close the high rate server and switch heRO on the new svn.

The high rate test server will most likely include:

- Ninja/Gunner
- A NPC that will sell lots of custom items (for easy testing)
- A warper and a job changer (like the last high rate server)
- Some extra player commands for easy testing

However this stuff will not all be included on the real heRO server, wings and custom helms will still require quest/toh and such and I don't plan on adding a free warper/jobchanger to the real server, so don't get used to it!! As for Ninja and Gunner, I plan to add only Ninja at first. This is a personal choice because I'm not too fond of how Gunner look in the RO world. I might try to modify the job sprite and weapon sprite a little to make them fit somewhat better.

Comments/Suggestions welcomed!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-30-2006 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Upcoming SVN change

I personaly don't mind the Gunsligner with all the new towns. If you try the Homunculus quest, you learn that Rune Midgard and the rest of the world (north of Aldebaran) are seperated, hence why the technology is more advanced. Which explains Eibroch, Einbech, Lighthalzen and Gunsligners.

What is said in the Homunculus quest when you do it:
"I heard the alchemist from Rune Midgard are trying to come as spies to learn about our new Homunculus technology..."

PS: No one minded the cloning technology from biolabs before, not even you Pan, and I don't find Cloning Vats and Fire Bolts really go in the same time frame! Icon_lol

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
10-30-2006 01:47 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I never said I actually liked the whole biolab/cloning stuff. Icon_razz

I didnt exactly have a say in it, but I do have a say over gunner, so for now ninja, gunner we'll see later. Anyway this will give people time to experience the new classes one at a time!

~ Server Admin ~
10-30-2006 02:01 PM
silvanel Offline
Banned

yes, I do agree with pandora,i dont wanna see gunslinger ingame,Im sure i would have fun playing that of course,But i think Gravity made that class really overboosted compared to other.

That was my 2 cent about it
10-30-2006 02:14 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Yeah, I made a post about that around the time the HeRO boards first started talking about the upcoming gunslinger class. I strongly dislike that. Knights, mages, priests, magic, swords, ...and...bazookas?! The heck is that?

It's like how every game, has to *have* robots. I *hate* that. Like most fighting games or RPGs. Everything's all normal, and I like it better that way, in the case of fighting games...beating up other people is more fun. =D With RPGs, unless it's a futuristic setting, makes more sense to stick with the monsters. But noooooo there always has to be uber robots somewhere. Ugh! ><

But anyway~! That's another vote towards your way of thinking, Panda. Not sure how you could turn it into something more fitting though. Professional knife thrower? XD
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2006 02:33 PM by Alexander.)
10-30-2006 02:32 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Muskets! Old firearms, the kind of "gun" people had at times when swords were still used, not rocket launcher XD

I won't be changing the class skills much, I don't think it's overpowered (as far as I've heard), if I do this it would most likely just be for the look. ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
10-30-2006 03:09 PM
silvanel Offline
Banned

Not overpowered? for a dancer,bard, you gotta wait untill clown or gypsy to have a 1200% skill...

GUNSLINGER GETS IT AT LVL 40...

I dont wanna see lvl 50 gunslingers one shoting seal in my near futur...
10-30-2006 03:46 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

LOL rocket launcher and bazooka, now that'd be a feat. We'd have futuristic Hadouken if we had like plasma cannon

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-30-2006 03:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silvanel Offline
Banned

Not overpowered... Pand ... please check the skill tree correctly...
they just gave em every good move from every character in the game ...

-double attack (weee thief move added to gs)

-tons of buff (wee priest and sniper buffs)

-strip weapon (they can also work like a rogue...)

-bleeding shot (zomg traumatic blow from lk)

-1200% attack skill 3 sec cast (lalala arrow vulcan)

-1000% attack instant(5 hit) (JUST OMG...)

-5x5 area of effect 550% attack... (WEEEE focus arrow strike)

-skill tha makes your aspd like 185 aspd with repetitive attack but you can move (LKs berserk?)

-instant attack 600% (wolalalalal stonger bash)

1300% attack with 20% chance to blind enemy...(use 10 ammo)(ANOTHER JUST ZOMG)

-280% spread attack (isnt that better than arrow shower?)

-throw grenade on the ground(att+500 dmg when a player step on it) (ZOMG THEY CAN ALSO TRAP??)

... just cmon... not overboosted?? let me laugh
10-30-2006 04:04 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Ok, let's not argue over this please, cuz we're not getting them anyway!! XD

They'll need testing and tweaking, point taken, if we decide to add them we'll make sure they are not overpowered.

~ Server Admin ~
10-30-2006 04:14 PM