Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rainbow Backpack: possible update
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Rainbow Backpack: possible update

Here's a suggestion I have in mind, wanting some opinions on it before I proceed with any change. I'm aware that several people weren't satisfied with how hard it was to obtain a Rainbowring Backpack. The goal was to create a certain rarity with this item, if I had to do it again, I would probably make it a little more accessible however, but the overall goal remains and any change we decide to make will not overflood the market with them.

Some items are easy to get, other are hard, this one falls in the second category. The backpack is pretty and sure it's kinda useful, but it's not a "must-have" item, anyone who is short on zeny should be investing on other gears and can very well do without it to hunt monsters, as we all have for the past 7 years.

Anyhow, here's what I have to propose:

- Reopen the lottery with a new goal of 5 Billions (so 2 more billions to go from the original 3 billions already gathered).

- Have the Rainbowring backpack chance be 20% instead of 10% chance.

- There are 13 player-owned Rainbowring Backpack currently, I would give each of these people 1 extra Rainbowring backpack to use/give/sell/whatever they wanna do with it.

- At the November Fairy Auction, I would allow players to trade me 5 backpacks to receive 1 Rainbowring backpacks. The backpacks I would accept are: Angeling, Deviling and Arcangeling. This trading would occur at the end of the auction, but it would not be an auction in itself. no zeny involved, it would be available to any players that has 5 of the kind backpacks I accept and wishes to do the trade.

Keep in mind it is likely there will be a way to obtain the Rainbowring backpack next birthday (October 2013) and it may be easier to obtain then. Similar to how the Advanced backpack was in limited quantity during the 3rd birthday, but more plentiful by the 4th birthday and onward.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-21-2012 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: Rainbow Backpack: possible update

I say leave it at it is right now.
13x2 = 26, suddently, those 13 people are richer by ~175m (we want to sink the zeny, no overflood it).

Most of the people are broke since the first wave (big money holders are gone/banned, so I doubt we can reach 5 Billion mark) Since most people already spent their million trying to get backpacks.

Finally, I think it's a good idea to trade 5 backpacks for 1 (1 = ~25m, so 125m, they save ~50m, but they also loose 5 backpacks). Balanced.
10-21-2012 10:44 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

A big fat no against the option where the 13 people already owning them get another one, that means they will just get a bunch of zeny pushed into their hands for free, while the whole thought behind the quest was to actually sink zeny.

I vote for either the november fairy auction suggestion or reopening the lottery with 20% chance to get it.

Or like i suggested before, an option where you could buy a backpack of choice for much much more then the lottery.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
10-21-2012 10:55 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Rather than give the 13 folks who already got backpacks a second one, why not reopen the lottery, leave the 10% chance so that the remaining people trying to get one have the same chance the first 13 did, and then combo that with the fairy auction option (since each attempt at the 10% will result in one of the tradeable backpacks)?

ETA: Although I suppose that runs the risk of alienating anyone who can't attend the fairy auction...

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 11:18 AM by demishock.)
10-21-2012 11:13 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

If you open it up again to 5bil zeny would we still get the new Poring dungeon?

If so, then if the 5bil mark is reached, would we receive a Kafra and Healer in Poring Village?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-21-2012 01:13 PM
danllyr Offline
ダン、〆

Or even, why add 5bil zeny mark.

A huge NO for the rainbowring bp giving out, that's like giving free zeny to players. I think it should be okay for someone to trade other 5 backpacks for the rainbowring one.

I'm saying this because I seen many people sink almost all of their zeny on this, without getting backpack. (Yes, Kittie, you're one of them /heh) While giving out the backpacks would flood economy even more.

[Image: nwWJG.jpg]
I like you naked. /Not specifically you, though/ ;
Dan Llyr ~ heRO's noobtastic #1 stripper stalker
Dan Styx ~ heRO's only active stripper rogue
Currently WoEing with Behemoth
10-22-2012 08:46 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thank you for your input everyone.

I've decided to only reopen the lottery with a new goal of 5 Billions, while keeping the lottery chance the same as before.

Fairy auction backpack exchange may still happen, it's currently under consideration, perhaps with a different amount of backpacks required.

@Aaron: the Poring leader will see about hiring a kafra and healer, and perhaps also a banker and pvp girl later on.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-22-2012 12:33 PM
timlycan Offline
Fallen Champion

how can players know how many people have a certain item like a rainbowring backpack?

Timothy - 99/70 Champion
Tim_DMD - 93/43 Creator
Tyryn - 99/70 Sniper
Touya - 93/61 Minstrel
Trade - 71/39 Blacksmith Vendor
10-22-2012 04:06 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

GM-Pandora Wrote:- Reopen the lottery with a new goal of 5 Billions (so 2 more billions to go from the original 3 billions already gathered).
*Sounds Good All things considered. Or just keep to what you originally intended. Otherwise keep it storyline driven like the first.*

GM-Pandora Wrote:- There are 13 player-owned Rainbowring Backpack currently, I would give each of these people 1 extra Rainbowring backpack to use/give/sell/whatever they wanna do with it.
*In theory these players should have extra backpacks for possible trade in at the fairy auction. So I consider this more of 13 player base enrichment*

GM-Pandora Wrote:- At the November Fairy Auction, I would allow players to trade me 5 backpacks to receive 1 Rainbowring backpacks. The backpacks I would accept are: Angeling, Deviling and Arcangeling. This trading would occur at the end of the auction, but it would not be an auction in itself. no zeny involved, it would be available to any players that has 5 of the kind backpacks I accept and wishes to do the trade.
*Maybe add GM-service ticket as a option for a short period after the 5 billion mark has been reached, or until the start of the next fairy auction. In addition to this option*

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
10-22-2012 06:23 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

glad to hear that the lottery is re-opened without an increase in chance or extra backpacks for current owners No1

imho a trade in for backpacks in November would be a bit too soon. However, i believe auctioning one every month or every 2 months should be OK.

Nevertheless, if trade ins are to implemented, perhaps we should give a decent "exclusivity" duration for those who already own some - perhaps Dec auction since Santa feels everyone's been extra-good? Or perhaps the easter bunny will bring the rainbow? Or St Patrick's? Valentine's also a good time to spread the love Ok

Just to be clear, i do not have one myself and i would love to have one. BUT it's clearly not in the interest of the server (zeny-sink wise) to pass up on the opportunity to keep its exclusivity for a decent while.

W
10-22-2012 09:44 PM