Shaman Draco | High Wizard
Draco MD | Alchemist
Highwayman Draco | Rogue
Ascetic Draco | Zeny Monk
Danavas Draco | PvP Monk

My book's facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/author.ambermorant
11-23-2012 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: Thanksgiving Event

Very cute event! I went to both, because why not? *__* It was quite interesting to see how both groups handled the challenges differently (for example, at the first event, everyone ganged up on the mandragoras and killed them during the exploration step, whereas at the second event, everyone ran like mad to get past them).

It went something like this:

Step 0: The journey begins - gathering novices to start
Step 1: Training the pilgrims - fighting "Fear" monsters to level up; ends when 30 novices reach level 5
Step 2: Electing a leader - continue fighting Fears; first person to level 12 becomes leader
Step 3: Exploring the land - running through a Mandragora obstacle course; the first 30 to reach the end NPC got to job change (acolyte/mage for male accounts, merchant/archer for female accounts)
Step 4: Curing the sick - collecting Pellets to give to our leader
Step 5: Building a Fort - collecting Fine-Grained Trunks to give to our leader
Step 6: Sowing - planting seeds in black warp portals that appeared one at a time at random points on the map
Step 7: Harvesting - collecting Fresh Grass to give to our leader
Step 8: Battle with the natives - fighting Hillwinds (the little pink kind)
Step 9: Making Peace - collecting Strong Branch and Green Herbs to give to our leader to make peace pipes
Step 10: Preparing a Feast - collecting apples, meat, and pumpkins to give to our leader

Prizes included: 1 +7 Pilgrim Hat, 1 Damp Card Album, 2 Bloody Branches, Poring Boxes (got from seed planting; number depended on how many you planted), 1 Gold, 5 Allegiance Points (not sure what non-allegiance people got at that point)

There may have been others but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks to our two leaders and to the GMs for all dealing with us with patience when we got cranky about locations and spawns and whatnot. Ok

Now, you'll have to forgive me; my screenshot function's been broken for over a year and I only just managed to fix it, so I suck at screenies now cuz I haven't been doing them. Yay skill and equipment windows and not enough zoom! No1

Event 1:

Getting Started

The Thanksgiving Feast

Kafra Jail (lol)

Event 2:

Getting Started

Hats for All

The Thanksgiving Feast (complete with someone passed out on the floor in a food coma)

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-24-2012 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

RE:??Thanksgiving Event

demishock Wrote:Very cute event! I went to both, because why not? *__* It was quite interesting to see how both groups handled the challenges differently (for example, at the first event, everyone ganged up on the mandragoras and killed them during the exploration step, whereas at the second event, everyone ran like mad to get past them).

I love how the first group handled things impromptu and how the second group was more team oriented in their methods. I'd also like to commend the two leaders for gracefully handling what I can only imagine as a stressful and pressuring role (we kept shouting for their locations Laugh ).

Both days of the event was overall fun-filled and cute at the same time. Kudos to our GMs who prepared for this.

Also, there was this player who mentioned something that might be a good idea for a novice event. He/she mentioned something about Plants vs Novice (credits to the idea's owner). This sounds fun. Laugh

Screenie time!

"Before we venture into the unknown we must first fight our fears."

It's harvest time!

We are under attack!!??Feels like we are the ones attacking the natives though. Thinking

The exploding roast! haha Laugh

Cute apples. Cute apples everywhere!

Feast time!

The ultimate trolling on the first day. GMs: ":twisted:"

Last gathering in the second day of the event.

And thus concludes this year's Thanksgiving event.

Icon_smile

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 08:21 PM by KaminoKaoru.)
11-24-2012 08:11 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I like how when people post things about GM's with evil faces I'm always in the pictures! Not that it's connected.. ;D

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
11-24-2012 08:17 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

RE:??Thanksgiving Event

GM-Rahice Wrote:I like how when people post things about GM's with evil faces I'm always in the pictures! Not that it's connected.. ;D

Don't feign innocence Rahice. We all know you're up to no good. Mad

11-24-2012 08:23 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: ??Thanksgiving Event

KaminoKaoru Wrote:Also, there was this player who mentioned something that might be a good idea for a novice event. He/she mentioned something about Plants vs Novice (credits to the idea's owner). This sounds fun. Laugh

I only caught the tail end of that convo, but we might already have something like that (see: The Flower Maze and/or The Maneaters). Do either of those sound like what was being proposed, or was it something totally different? According to the wiki there was a Maneaters event back in August, though, and there was a Flower Maze just last month. It was, indeed, quite fun! A bit rare, but definitely fun. Love

Cute screenies! You got a much better view of the action there. No1

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

11-24-2012 08:50 PM
GM-Rahice Offline

Icon_suprised??Me, evil? Cry Such harsh words!

(??Icon_twisted Evil )

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
11-24-2012 09:06 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

RE:????Thanksgiving Event

demishock Wrote:Do either of those sound like what was being proposed, or was it something totally different? According to the wiki there was a Maneaters event back in August, though, and there was a Flower Maze just last month. It was, indeed, quite fun! A bit rare, but definitely fun. Love

Cute screenies! You got a much better view of the action there. No1

Nah. I only saw the name being mentioned too. From what I understood they are both "avoid the plants" type of event. I was thinking more of a fighting game where we need to defend something (or someone) from plants. But I'm out of ideas for now and well, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Icon_smile

And thanks! I have a whole album of screenies but I didn't put them all here because they tend to be repetitive.

11-24-2012 09:13 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: ????Thanksgiving Event

KaminoKaoru Wrote:Nah. I only saw the name being mentioned too. From what I understood they are both "avoid the plants" type of event. I was thinking more of a fighting game where we need to defend something (or someone) from plants. But I'm out of ideas for now and well, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Icon_smile

And thanks! I have a whole album of screenies but I didn't put them all here because they tend to be repetitive.

Oh, okay. Hmm... Well, the novices were able to mob-kill mandragoras, so I imagine it's doable, although we'd have to be leveled up a bit first. It's an interesting idea!

Yeah, I had quite a few repeats, too, and a lot that had text all over the place, lol.

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

11-24-2012 09:50 PM
GM-Rahice Offline