Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro-Wizard Guide to DG (With Pictures ^^)
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Pro-Wizard Guide to DG (With Pictures ^^)

My only real nitpick is with the monster info.

The mudman has the almost No Mdef whatsoever (5 hard mdef, 10 int or soft mdef). He does??have significantly high attack if he can get in range, and if you fail to kill him in time, he does cast earthquake (with a long uninteruptable cast time that's extremely embarassing if you actually manage to get caught in). Note, he's Shadow prop lvl 3, so any spell a wizard could do to him is going to be halved. Magnus Excorcismus outright destroys him. He also gives the most exp out of all of the other morrocs per kill, so it's worth it to get them.

The excorcist lady on the other hand has 35 mdef and 60 int (or soft mdef). If there's any reason you're doing more damage on her it's because she's actually undead element rather than the typical dark element in DG. from the times I spent luring in DG, she??also seems the??most common one of the bunch.

You forgot a very annoying debuff that the valks cast if people get to close. Slow Cast is the bane of int heavy wizards who aren't geared with isilla's or??aren't being spammed with suffragium by the priests to compensate. this skill can effectively force the wizard to stop using amp in order to keep Storm gust going. While valk is Shadow, it's property level is only level 1, so it'll take full damage from wizzie spells.??A nice complement it's magic mirror in which all magic damage dealt to it is done to you instead, your resistances and shield cards don't affect this as it is reflected damage.

Not really all that important, but if the ghost does manage to get a break in the action, and heal a damaged monster, he can actually cast assumptio on them. That's assuming your wizards actually let him.

If??you're not using marduk, take isilla and green potions (or perhaps royal jellies so you can undo curse as well as silence, if needed).??Nontrans wizards, I reccomend going the isilla route and alternating between meteor storm and??Storm gust (fire kills the excorcist ladies faster~, and at the rate your isillas will be going off the extra damage from the meteor and SG spam is worth it).

In a standard mob (assuming the lures are avoiding valks), the Excorcist lady should die first, followed by mudman, lastly the ghosts. I forget if the valks can outlast the ghosts, or if it's the other way around.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 07:54 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-26-2012 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE:??Pro-Wizard Guide to DG (With Pictures ^^)

lyeak Wrote:Could you add that wiz should always bring green pot to DG, this could help cure the silence cast by the mob and no need to poke the priest for cure.

Yes! Forgot about that. Added.

Radolf Wrote:Ninja does good too for a mobber, a bathory and cicada means nothing can hit you unless you get a dispell and right afterwards a pulse strike.

Any class can lure at DG with the right gears. I find Knight/Crusader classes to be the best becuase of the boosted speed with their pecos. You can outrun Valks.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-26-2012 08:43 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

anything with pphb and agi up could outrun valk iirc...

and i think there's something wrong indeed with the 'pro' part on this guide..
11-27-2012 02:18 AM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

This guide can be really helpful for our newbies. Here's a suggestion. Why not update the OP with the new information available? Of course cite the person who pointed it out.

This is for easier reference in the future. Icon_smile

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
11-27-2012 06:40 AM
Radolf Offline

Of course any class can mob there, it's why it's switched over from nameless. (Other reason being the camera problem people have been having) Anyone can outrun valks because of the incredibly long wide curse cast time. All you have to do is run them around until they cast that and get out of range or wait until they push you 10 or so cells away with a pulse strike.

Also the ghosts give priority to healing teammates OR themselves when they reach 100K HP. Always picking other people over themselves when given the choice.

The disfigured ladies also like to lead with crit wounds too whenever they get into melee range of someone so be careful for that if you are going to try to heal off damage to tank them.

Amazing Avatar by Bran Flakes

IGNS:
Jyouya Kanou- 99 WoE Linker
Kidomaru Yuji- 99/70 Ninja
11-27-2012 01:03 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

RE: ??Pro-Wizard Guide to DG (With Pictures ^^)

Menace651 Wrote:Any class can lure at DG with the right gears. I find Knight/Crusader classes to be the best becuase of the boosted speed with their pecos. You can outrun Valks.

And a linked stalker is even faster then they are.
11-29-2012 04:21 PM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

Menace651 Wrote:I used to see a lot of FAIL Wizards at Nameless too when it was still popular. IMO DG is a lot easier than Nameless.

So returning is easier... that's why those people like DG

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
11-29-2012 04:55 PM
Radolf Offline

Not only are linked stalkers faster, but they're dispel-proof and heal more from white potions.

Amazing Avatar by Bran Flakes

IGNS:
Jyouya Kanou- 99 WoE Linker
Kidomaru Yuji- 99/70 Ninja
11-29-2012 10:09 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Radolf Wrote:Ninja does good too for a mobber, a bathory and cicada means nothing can hit you unless you get a dispell and right afterwards a pulse strike.
Run, run, run, ciceda, hide, get knocked away, shadow jump to the edge of the screen, repeat until mob is occupied by party?
11-30-2012 08:15 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE:??Pro-Wizard Guide to DG (With Pictures ^^)

Insidefreak Wrote:
Menace651 Wrote:I used to see a lot of FAIL Wizards at Nameless too when it was still popular. IMO DG is a lot easier than Nameless.

So returning is easier... that's why those people like DG

and yet they're keep failing at noticing the wipe or when its faster to just respawn than waiting for someone to ress the party.. (even on the super lame camping one)
11-30-2012 08:20 AM