Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apology
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

Apology

I need to apologize for this past weekend and how flaky I was.

As some of you know from my chatting on @main, I'm married. As part of that marriage, I've also picked up in-laws. My mother in law has bone marrow cancer, and is going through an intense series of chemo-therapy sessions.

On Wednesday of last week, my wife called up her mother and we learned that things were not going well back at home, so instead of staying in our home for Thanksgiving, we had a 600 mile road trip, a trip to the ER, 4 litters of fluid dripped directly into her arm, some chemo just to round out the fun and games, and scary talks with doctors where they give you nasty percentages of survival like 50% and numbers that sound like you are grinding for items on a low rate server.

I'm sorry that I missed out on ToH, and the LvD events that were scheduled, I am kicking myself that I didn't have more of it planned out for the other GM's to help out in case something like this happened.

I'll still be around, and I'll still be helping with the server, but due to the low survival percentages, my wife and I will be looking for new jobs and a new place to live closer to her family so that we can spend more time while we still have it.

Thank you all for being patient with me and knowing that the GM team, or at least me, are human and do this not as our full time job and have real lives. We try to keep them hidden from you, but sometimes life does take priority.

Thank you so much, and see you all in game.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
11-28-2012 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Apology

I can't imagine anyone would blame you for missing those events. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Icon_sad

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-28-2012 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Well basically what Albus said, and in my opinion IRL > In Game.

Too bad about the events, but things went fine and even if they would have postponed, who cares, these are situations where you cannot expect someone to pick an in game thing over real live. In my opinion you don't even have to apologize, you didn't plan this to happen, if someone would give you a hard time on picking IRL over a game, then they should be ashamed of themselves.

Best of luck to your mother in law, and also my support to you and your wife (and the rest of the family), i hope she will be fine.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
11-28-2012 04:50 PM
Menace651 Offline

^Yeah What Kittie said. Take care of things in real life first. HeRo is just a game. Sometimes people tend to forget that >_< . Hope your wife's mom pulls through and everything works out for you guys.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-28-2012 07:15 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Definitely no need to apologize! Life happens. Thank you for letting us know what's going on, though. That scenario sounds just awful. I hope that everything turns out to be on the better side of that 50%!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-28-2012 08:02 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Why in the world are you apologizing? >_<

As a relative of someone with cancer as well I kinda know the feeling. Your family have my prayers, especially for your mother-in-law.

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
11-29-2012 07:37 AM
Lena Away
No one

Family before anything, especially an online MMO. I don't think you need to apologize either, you need to be there for your wife and your mother in law...I can't even imagine how scary things are for you right now. I wish you and your family the best of luck, and I'll be praying for you all.
11-29-2012 04:50 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to all of the above

It's totally understandable. Hope everything gets sorted out properly and in a timely manner.

W
11-30-2012 12:02 AM
Ella Offline

My husband and I will be praying for your mother-in-law and your whole family. We definitely understand the situation, sadly. My mom died 2 months ago and we had to deal with everything related to it in the aftermath. Not from cancer, but she was in the hospital sick and things took a very sudden turn for the worst. Family is more important than anything, especially in times like these. God bless and again, our deepest and most heartfelt prayers for you and yours <3.

? Keri ? Kerianne ? Roxie ? Roxanna ? El ? EIIa ? Ella Rose ?
[Image: CWsTYo5.png]
Best friends forever ? Joe, Ren, Mari, Ella, Leah and Linny ?
11-30-2012 12:44 PM