Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Screenshots
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Screenshots

So i recently bought a new laptop and i've been making some screenshots since then but i never took the effort to look then up unless i needed them, however today i was fooling around with the extracted data.grf in my client for the creativity contest and noticed my screenshots looked really weird. At first i thought it was because i changed the sprite of red glasses to something i made myself as a test to see how they looked in game, however then i scrolled up in my screenshot map and saw that all the screenshots i've made since i have this new laptop appear like this.

Due to size i'm posting links instead of images.
http://i45.tinypic.com/zmq6o.jpg (this one is from today, with the sprite changed to see the effect on how it looks as a char)

http://i46.tinypic.com/xcoy38.jpg (This one is from the thanksgiving event, so much older, in fact the first screenshot i made with this new laptop).

Does anyone have an idea why this happens and most of all, how to fix it? Sure it looks funny but if i wanted to create an effect like that i could just photoshop it, it kinda takes away my whole purpose of taking screenshots :<

Edit: I'm using a Acer Aspire V3-571 laptop, windows 7.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 06:31 AM by Kittie.)
12-05-2012 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Screenshots

This generally happens if part of your RO window is outside the "borders" of your screen.

This can happen if you use a game window res that is higher than your monitor's current res, or if you've dragged part of the game window off the screen.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 07:18 AM by Ellie.)
12-05-2012 07:16 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Hmm it might be cause i never played full screen before and since i got this new laptop i am playing full screen. Thanks a lot i'll give it a try Icon_smile

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
12-05-2012 10:23 AM
Konako Offline
Brigade Member

I had this problem with a new windows 7 laptop too playing full screen. Playing ro windowed fixed this and I didn't bother trying any other fixes.

Konakona.
             Kanakana.
12-05-2012 06:26 PM
MonkeyPunch Offline

I get this as well, it used to work fine until I started using custom height/width to better fit my screen's resolution. Now I use an external screenshot tool...

[Image: 2up5n5h.gif]
12-05-2012 06:56 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I just recently fixed this on my own laptop (HP, Windows Vista, but from what I understand Vista and 7 can be fixed via the same method).

All I had to do was go into the heRO folder, right click on Setup, choose "Run as Administrator" (even though I have my computer options set to do that to everything anyway; still had to do it manually in this case for the fix to work), and then I checked the box for playing full screen, hit okay, then went back into it the same way and unchecked the box again.

So basically, run Setup as an admin and then change your settings to something else, then go back in and change them back to how you want them.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
12-05-2012 06:58 PM