Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Poring Stole My Zeny
NihonNights Offline
Big Member

Poring Stole My Zeny

So I was minding my own business, walking through Payon Field 4 and I try to kill this poring. I can't attack it! Turns out is an NPC. Its name is Bloop. I get talking to him and he asks me if I have been to Poring Island.

Now, having just used a dungeon warp named "Poring Island" so I answered "Yes" cause obviously I'm there right now, right?

Wrong!

Turns out there's *another* poring island. Bloop says that it's gonna cost 100k to anyone that wants to go there. Looking for more information I talk to him again, and he mugs me! He just takes 100k without asking if I wanted to pay it! What a miserable thug! I grinded a lot of porings for that zeny!

I demand that this NPC be thrown in jail like the criminal he is, and that my 100k be returned to me from the proper authorities. He may be released from prison once he promises to no longer lead a life of crime and actually can inform others that there is a difference between "Poring island" and "Poring island"...apparently.

[Image: 2zid75z.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 05:50 AM by NihonNights.)
12-13-2012 05:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Konako Offline
Brigade Member

RE: Poring Stole My Zeny

Not sure if srs or trolling...

Or original way of writing a guide.

Konakona.
             Kanakana.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 07:21 AM by Konako.)
12-13-2012 07:15 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Dude, the birthday quest with the porings sinked in 5 BILLION!!
If you're new to server, see me in game, I'll refund you 100k for this poor poring.
12-13-2012 10:43 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

To be fair, most NPCs DO ask first before they take your stuff. I was a bit miffed by it too last night on my alt account. 100k is a pretty decent chunk of change for a warp, and having it taken BEFORE you can approve the amount is kind of a bummer. IIRC, it only asked if I wanted to part with "some zeny" not "100000 zeny". XD

(Correct me if I'm wrong; I'm not home and can't get on the game to verify.)

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
12-13-2012 11:37 AM
NihonNights Offline
Big Member

Even the Kafra gives you a menu before taking a measly 40 zeny.

Imagine the poor novice who worked so hard for his 100k, and is all "Yay! heRO is so great and carebeary! I wanna quest! Yaay! ......... OMG MY ZENY!" *uninstall -->future donator terminated*

No, I don't actually want my zeny back. But, a "Yes/No" window would be congruent with the expectations of the player, and the behavior of the rest of non-malevolent NPC's in the game.

12-15-2012 02:16 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

When I checked the NPC it allows you to Accept/Cancel before it takes the zeny. I know it's not a yes/no, but it shouldn't take it if you choose to not assist Bloop. If I'm wrong, definitely let us know this though. I didn't have a personal issue when I checked it. Because if others aren't getting that, we definitely need to get Bloop fixed ASAP.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
12-15-2012 03:48 AM
unggoy Offline

Five-starred this thread
12-15-2012 05:40 AM
t0nz0r Away
Sir Awesomeness

NihonNights Wrote:...and actually can inform others that there is a difference between "Poring island" and "Poring island"...apparently.

I think that's the main problem; not so much the yes/no? Or does bloop say the new poring island or something

[Image: tonysig8ll-1.jpg]
12-16-2012 04:08 PM
NihonNights Offline
Big Member

RE:??Poring Stole My Zeny

t0nz0r Wrote:
NihonNights Wrote:...and actually can inform others that there is a difference between "Poring island" and "Poring island"...apparently.

I think that's the main problem; not so much the yes/no? Or does bloop say the new poring island or something

He asks if you are interested. But saying if you are interested or not, should not mean, "Yes! Take my zeny 30 seconds from now" it should mean, "Yes, explain about the quest."

For example, when hat NPC's explain about hat ingredients they don't take your money and ingredients, they just tell you what you need, and then later give you a "Yes/No" if you want to make the hat.

That doesn't happen with Bloop, when the time comes for that "Yes/No", he instead just jakks (no offense to the Jakks on the server) your cute frog wallet (mine is a cute frog wallet, someone told me yours is a unicorn but you don't like other people to know it cause you are afraid they will laugh at you, I wonder why cause you proudly wear your rainbowring backpack...but I digress).

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 08:39 PM by NihonNights.)
12-16-2012 08:38 PM
NihonNights Offline
Big Member

So, after my run-in with Bloop, I spent some time fuming about how he stole from me.

Once the feeling of injustice subsided, I decided to go back and get some value out of the 100k he stole from me. "It can't be helped...and I have all the items, so might as well..." I thought.

Thus off to Old Poring Island! But...where is Bloop? He's no longer there! That lil' bastard ran off with my 100k and he ain't coming back! He told me I could redeem some items for New Poring Island access, and now he just upped and got the hell outta dodge!

This is the last straw!

12-29-2012 04:06 PM