Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP Tournament
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

PvP Tournament

It's been a long while since we had one, and I was considering holding one for former-AE before we left the server. But well, having left the server, a tournament seemed silly then. And now, an AE-Tourny seems more silly since we have all of 3 people or so. Not including myself. I did plan to attempt a full-server tourny if the AE one went well. Seems I won't get that test phase, but I will attempt a full-server tournament. We had a lot of fun at the last one, right? So why not?

Here's how it'll work.

I'm just going to go ahead and say enter multiple chars if you want. My reasoning? I can't prove who's char belongs to who. No matter if someone "knows" or not, there's no undisputed proof like IPs that I can nail. So no point trying to fight that one. As an aside, I also, will personally, not participate. That would be silly.

Here's the catch, if you're not there for your match, too bad. If you're matched against yourself, one is getting eliminated.

The match-ups will be selected entirely at random. All the people registered will be given a number according to the order they registered. I'll then enter that number into a dice-roller program, and thus come up with the brackets. So if you're a 1/1 novie against a 99/70 trans class. Tough luck. Most people are within similar range of each other by now anyway.

It will be best 2 out of 3 matches, elimination style.

I won't allow healing items of any kind. Unless you're an alchemist / biocreator using the SKILL throw potion. Potting, fruits, any other form of healing items are prohibited. If I catch you using one, you're eliminated regardless of the outcome of the match. This includes blue potions(again, unless alchemist using the skill).

Other forms of items are generally welcome. Like EDP bottles, acid bottles, traps, these are all things used by a class skill. Feel free. Use common sense.

ASPD pots are fine. This was a hot issue before on whether or not they should be allowed. I understand both sides of the argument, but I'm going to have to say they're ok.

No outside buffs. If you can't bless yourself, I don't want to see you blessed. More common sense, really.

During the fight, remain inside the ring. If you are knocked outside the ring by a skill or otherwise, you will be counted down and if time runs out, eliminated. I understand people could use a cheap tactic, such as firewalling or icewalling the opponent outside of the ring. In this case, I will not count out.

Spectators are welcome, but please, be respectful to those busy with their match, and for the love of god, make my life easier if you really want to do this. Honestly, I don't have GM powers. I can't zap people who disrupt. A lot of this is going to be based on the good of the community. If things get out of hand, I guess I'll have to cancel and we'll call it a failed attempt. But, lets try to avoid that and make it enjoyable for everyone.

And finally, the goodies. Keep in mind, this is entirely a player-run event. The GMs have zero to do with this. Nothing. Zip. Nadda. If they want to help me out, that'd be nice. With crowd control or prizes or what not. But this right here is coming straight out of my pocket.

If GMs will do so, damage viewing will be disabled.

1st prize?? 35 OBBs + 500,000 zeny + maybe something else...
2nd prize??15 OBBs + 250,000 zeny
3rd prize????5 OBBs +?? 50,000 zeny
Participant 1 OBB

Interested? Respond to the thread and list character name, class, level. Example.

Alexander
Lord Knight
99/70

I'm currently thinking I'll hold the actual tournament Friday the 24th, at 7 PM central time. If something comes up(because yes, I do have a life) I'll have to change it. I'll keep registration open until the 22nd. I will need time to draw up the brackets, after all. It's about 2 weeks to register. If not enough people register, it'll be cancelled. After all, I can only do so much.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2006 11:02 PM by Alexander.)
11-10-2006 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE: PvP Tournament

GM-Mystra
98/70

High Wizard with 2099 all stats and every skill.

I'l be there to help you out Alexander, and I'l zap a few if need be. Guess I can't participate though... to bad! Icon_twisted

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
11-10-2006 02:54 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

New rule: GM accounts can't register. Icon_lol

Thanks, Mystra.
11-10-2006 03:01 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Hmm good idea that gms are gonna help on this, cuz someone could cheat with using fishes.

What about panacea, green pots, green herb, anodine, authoritative badge and items like that?

Krimlin
Palladin
95/65

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2006 08:00 AM by Général_Argos.)
11-10-2006 07:59 AM
silvanel Offline
Banned

problem with tourny lie these, is time ... since usualy gm gotta check the character, like Krimlin just stated, fish doesnt show up when you use it. So that is a problem.

My proposition,

since alexander and gm mystra will be both there,
Both alexander and mystra should make 1 party.
each of you invite 1 contestant.
Why?
To check with party life bar, if they use some kind of healing items.
11-10-2006 09:21 AM
Former-GM-Hermes Offline
Messenger of God

I will be there also and try to help out. Silv has a good idea btw. Hope this will go well Alex. I suggest you annouce it in-game also since many people dont use the forums.
11-10-2006 10:39 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Green herbs / authoritive badges / ect, I'm going to say none of those.

I also have never used the fishing system yet, or the fishes. So I was unaware that they were able to be used without any detection to other players. Icon_sad

That is a very good idea though, to solve the situation. I also believe partys wouldn't be needed. From what I understand, GMs can see all player's HP regardless. Unless Mystra needs to have a certain amount of GM power for that.
11-10-2006 12:14 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

Shame, I cant participate. Icon_cryIcon_cryIcon_cry

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
11-10-2006 01:53 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Nice initiative Icon_smile

GMs can provide a check before the players are warped (check for fish or any other illegal items). GMs also do see hp of players and of course we can mute or jail any people who disturb.

I'll think of prizes to add to your own. How about a prize for winning a match?

I'll let you decide which map you want to use, any map is ok (we'll need to check for exp loss and gvg), we can warp if need be.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-10-2006 02:13 PM
Panday Offline

0_0 Prizes are all awesome! this is gona be a great tourny
11-10-2006 02:21 PM