Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Monthly Donator Token Suggestion
Iretha Offline

heRO Monthly Donator Token Suggestion

I've considered donating to heRO but the problem is I look at the rewards it gives and find them kind of.... meh. So I've decided to throw this suggestion to the wind, with hopes that it will drum up donations for our server and give me something to put my wallet towards! Icon_biggrin

HeRO V.I.P Token, this token will work like many quest items in RO, it will weigh nothing, be perma-stuck in your inventory, and be completely un-sellable.

When you donate a certain, low amount monthly, the GM helper will offer this token to you and any alternate characters you may have. Sorry to the people with several accounts, but I can't see how you can benefit from getting the token on all of you accounts without people being able to exploit it and give VIP status to their friends.

The benefits it will give will be purely cosmetic and convenient, they wont give any VIP players an advantage over non-VIP players. Some of the ideas I have for these benefits are:

Class Cosmetics Change: An old server I played on had an NPC that would allow you to change your class-sprite into any other class sprite, with the exception of bards looking like dancers and vice versa.??Ever liked the look of class A but you positively love playing class B? Now it's possible to look like a priest while you stalk the shadows as an assassin. If we had a RP community, I would claim that this would open new avenues and depth to the story but....

Hat Cosmetics Change: Much like the class cosmetics change with a new twist, the hat cosmetics change will allow you to copy the looks of Headgear A (that you own) onto Headgear B (That you also own) restrictions will apply, i.e you can't transfer the looks of celebration wings onto a romantic leaf, so the slots the items take up must be the same.

VIP Pet Tames/Pet Changes: Looking at a custom pet it's easy to see that mostly they are nothing more than poring with different food and raw damage numbers, a "Special Poring" if you will. With that said, is it possible to make a custom pet that is a "Special ____"? Having access to a Mavka that can heal and have the same chat phrases as an Alice for example. This can require having both eggs, custom and official, money, and some other random quest items to boot. These pets will be un-tradeable, and can only be hatched using their own special incubators, you can only have one of these on your character at all times, and they cannot be stored in the Kafra.

Access to "Privileged" popular maps : Ever been to Hillwinds and found the joint a little....crowded? How about trying to mob Hodremlins? Running into parties at Anubis got you down? Special maps that only VIP members can access, they WILL NOT be your own private map, but instead a map that is shared across all VIP members.

Special Hairstyles, clothing pallets, and even different looks for Hunter Falcons, Merchant Carts, PecoPecos, Homunculi, Monk Spirit Spheres, ect.

A custom town, with a Kafra, Warpers, Bank, tool dealer, ect. (Although we already have a LOT of towns)

Your Token will be synced with the server time, and will end at the end of the date engraved on your token. Should you buy a token for one month and decide not to pay the next month:

- On your next logout, your original class clothing will be restored.
- Any items you've copied looks onto will break and can only be repaired by a GM Assistant, who will restore it to its original form.
- On your next logout, your pet will return to its egg.
- Without a useable token, any characters you have in one of the privileged maps, when logging in on them they will be sent back to Prontera.
-On next logout, your hairstyle and colors will be reverted to the default novice ones. (the colors and styles you see when you go to create a character)
-Your save will be reset and you will be booted from the town the second you step foot in it.

I know, I know, it looks like it'll take a long long long time and a LOT of work, but overall I think people would enjoy/be interested enough in the benefits of a VIP token that they would feel compelled to shell out $5 a month, or even a flat $50 for a year (giving 2 months free, because usually when you buy in bulk the price is lowered to make it more attractive).

So, comments, questions, suggestions, criticism? Icon_suprised
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012 07:21 PM by Iretha.)
12-28-2012 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: heRO Monthly Donator Token Suggestion

Special Hairstyles, clothing pallets, and even different looks for Hunter Falcons, Merchant Carts, PecoPecos, Homunculi, Monk Spirit Spheres, ect.

Access to "Privileged" popular maps

Nice ideas. Other is also nice but more meh for me.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
12-29-2012 12:08 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Donators really shouldn't have any special advantages over other players.

Its been like that on this server since the beginning, I really hope the GM's wouldn't consider changing on that, since its sort of advertised as not giving players who donate a special advantage.

A lot of these ideas could maybe be implemented if it involved a zeny sink/item sink of some sort though.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-29-2012 08:13 PM
Iretha Offline

Nobody with a token would ever have a special advantage over other players.

The only idea that would, was the VIP map, and it's not private, and honestly would only work if the server had several hundred people actively on it. (I.e, always 20+ people camping at hillwinds) If the server were more populated then having a second map to spread those people out on didn't seem like a bad idea. They wouldn't have a private map, just a secondary one.

Aside from that all people benefiting from the token would purely have cosmetic changes.
12-29-2012 08:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

What I meant was that they would have access to something that non-donators do.

All the items basically from donations are chance items that really only give players the chance to sell/trade for zeny.??A secondary map can be far more advantageous than you give it credit for.

I'll even say the same for the hat cosmetic change, especially in PvP/WoE where you can change feather beret or kafra doll hats for example into...silver tiaras or something really crappy.??You could go a step further and change mid gears from one thing to another.

Same thing applies to the class change situation.??It works fine in an RP server because they don't really have WoE generally, of if they do, its kind of modified in a lot of ways.

The pet thing doesn't really work out, if I remember right, the GM's don't really know how to make a pet do any other ability but loot, and if they chat, they have chat from other tamable monsters typically, and cannot have customized text.??There is no way either that the GM's know of for adding custom pet accessories.

Some of the other stuff players could change on their own if they desired, though I guess they would see those changes on everyone else *aura changes for example* Though I guess if GM's could acquire special sprites for all of this, or wanted to design them they possibly could be added and it would be fun to change in game somehow for you and you alone. x3

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 10:08 PM by Aaronock.)
12-29-2012 10:07 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

heRo not having those broken "Pay here for good stuff" markets is one reason i like heRo as a server. Donators can get some items from donating, but none of them except the laurels can't really be attained with some effort on your own and the laurels aren't OP.

I'd rather not have a donator market where the possible future they do start releasing broken gears that force you to pay for them like a lot of other servers have.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
12-29-2012 10:49 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

^ Stability is the BEST trademark HeRO has to offer.
12-29-2012 11:43 PM
Iretha Offline

Aside from the extra map, which I admitted wouldn't work with this server's population. Nothing I mentioned would give someone an advantage. The class-looks change can easily be balanced by making it an item that replaces an armor or garment slot, or by just disabling it in any pvp format. I didn't mention that because well, I thought it went without saying that something like that wouldn't be usable in pvp. Cosmetic changes wouldn't really make the server pay-to-win in any way.

Don't worry, changes in cosmetics aren't broken gears that force you to pay to win.
12-30-2012 11:22 PM
Konako Offline
Brigade Member

There is no need for privileged maps because every person should have equal opportunity to farm or level on a map. Too many people on the map? That is the actual ro experience and just encourages you not to stic to one place for so long.

I am one of those players who does not prefer such extravagant looking customs because frankly, it moves away from the original ro feeling.

Konakona.
             Kanakana.
12-31-2012 02:33 AM
HellishGod Offline

Bring in more palettes and hairstyles for those who've donated over 1,000$
01-03-2013 12:09 PM