Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does heRO need?
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: What does heRO need?

Wrong, the improvements required are mostly on the BG level. Keep in mind how old RO is, most people who still do play the game for WoE refuse to spend hours of farming for it (at least most of them) because they usually have irl obligations or play other games.

It's simply not normal at this point that a new player on HeRO needs to BG so much for the gears he'd need and that the BG has such a cooldown and cost. The initial idea behind BG was to make WoE/pvp more accessible for newcomers and for them to be near being on the same level as older players in terms of gears. HeRO pretty much decided that BG would be for zeny sinking and that it shouldn't come in conflict with pvm so they added a cooldown on it (which is pretty funny because most people who come to BG lately just sit down in town doing nothing between the fights because they don't pvm much anymore XD).

Getting BG gears is about 100x easier on iRO (Class set items and non glorious items costing 100 points or less a piece...). Also, add the fact that there's no simple way to obtain materials other then grinding for hours and you're pretty much telling any pvp/woe oriented player who hasn't been here for a while that if they're not ready to invest months into gearing, they'll never do decent in woe, at least not in SE where you can't hide behind a portal to cast on.

Honestly, the low rates that had decent woe lately all had a BG system that offered materials for points (and also decently priced gears) which made it much easier for lazy vets to gear up and to have materials for each woe. The situation on hero is the complete opposite, people have to grind for either money or materials a few hours a weeks just to be supplied for woe...If you take in consideration that the same people would be newcomers who need to gear, add even more farming time. Not everyone has that kind of time for a 10+ years old game anymore D=

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 12:00 PM by Gojira.)
04-25-2013 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE:??What does heRO need?

GM-Pandora Wrote:@A card or gear that has a small chance to drop Berserk Potion: idea noted, maybe in the future batch of cards.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

GM-Pandora Wrote:@Pandora's box: the last person who asked to be assigned the project was Miroku a couple of months ago, I sent him what I had started, no words since. Those project assigned to other people who don't deliver kinda then default to me and I got a lot on my plate as it is XD
Boooooooooooooooo!

GM-Pandora Wrote:@New Official Dungeons (Dewata, Malaya, Scaraba, Dicastes, etc): we'll need to adjust them to pre-renewal but it's doable.
Yes, please! Love

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
04-26-2013 12:06 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

A very very very big fat yay for the coming for dewata etc, i've been waiting for ages just to hear we would get these dungeons. Its very very exiting to hear really!

If i may ask what are the things that need to be done about Pandora's Box? Just scripting or any cosmetic stuff?

I'm also exited to hear that there is gonna be changes for BG, i've been slacking off for it because the cool down bothered me a lot, enough to not join in due to constant gear xfers just to see it getting canceled (plus i don't like how its basicly just a Group PvP thing where you're screwed if you end up with the "wrong" classes).

I'm truly happy and exited to see so many updates coming. Yay!

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
04-26-2013 06:52 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Not to mention the reduction of minimum people actually made BG more like lottery imo.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
04-26-2013 07:27 AM