Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does heRO need?
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: What does heRO need?

Pretty sure BG prices are still the same. There was a sale for March only on WoE point items.

WoE dates and times have not changed.
A couple of new WoE point items (I assume you mean the headgears) don't address the concerns that most people have about WoE - especially the ones Gojira mentioned. Rotation has happened (since then, actually, so his post was valid at the time), but not much else that people fight over wanting.

Er. There is no such thing as Renewal 2.0. There is the CLIENT, and there are the MECHANICS. You can implement the client without the mechanics, but implementing "bits and pieces of desired elements" of the mechanics is just asking for trouble.
Is that " Like the renewal client ohh, if you missed it not implemented. " supposed to be a jab? I know the client isn't implemented. I never said it was. What I WAS asking was what are all these other things you said have been secretly put in.

The server is pretty stagnant, sadly. Bits and pieces get added, but aside from seasonal events, there hasn't been much in the way of any sort of major update in ages.
The server definitely did not have the most changes the last year compared to others. I'd say that was '08 or '09 - back when SVN updates happened frequently, quests other than seasonals were still being added, and RP events were still happening.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
04-16-2013 03:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

Spot on in most cases. Custom stuff does not replace SVN updates they try at least.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
04-16-2013 03:52 AM
myBlack_isWhite Offline

So what about Renewal Client? Will anybody of GM team reply to this thread? Besides other things that people would like to see done here most of people who replied this thread mentioned renewal client and it means all of them would like to see it implemented, and the more soon it will happen the more happy everyone will be Icon_biggrin
So will we see the rewnewal client in the nearest future?.. BTW this thing is more important for players than scripting new MVP card aka God Poring Card.

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
04-22-2013 03:39 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

GMs who script cards or even lower-mid tech quests won't necessarily have the technical and coding (ie, not scripting) knowledge to make changes to the Renewal Client, etc.

I dunno what's available client wise out and about these days, but going back a couple of years (long time, I know), it needed adjusting, hexing and even translating from Korean.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 05:16 AM by Ellie.)
04-22-2013 05:15 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for all the input, I'll make a more detailed reply and polls (like for the client since not everyone wants the renewal) soonish.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-23-2013 02:46 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Different people want different thing, not everything is doable but thanks for the suggestions nonetheless, I'll try to address most of the things mentioned.

@Renewal client: It's possible but comes with a few bugs, not everyone wants it, here's a poll.

@BG: It's in the plan to improve it, add modes, change some prices, etc. but I don't have anyone available to do it, I'm trying to hire someone from outside.

@SVN: We're lacking anyone to do the source code modifications at the moment, but I might try to hire someone for that too, other than that it's a lot of work and there wouldn't be that many new features for the effort invested. I think we could have sealed shrine with our current svn, I'll investigate. Granted instances would be one of the good things about an svn update, as well as BG mapflags to have friendly-fire. Just FYI: we don't need the svn update to add maps or monsters.

@Bunny Slippers: I'll see what I can do Icon_smile

@A card or gear that has a small chance to drop Berserk Potion: idea noted, maybe in the future batch of cards.

@Pandora's box: the last person who asked to be assigned the project was Miroku a couple of months ago, I sent him what I had started, no words since. Those project assigned to other people who don't deliver kinda then default to me and I got a lot on my plate as it is XD

@New Official Dungeons (Dewata, Malaya, Scaraba, Dicastes, etc): we'll need to adjust them to pre-renewal but it's doable.

@More wss: we're considering adding this drop to monsters in a future dungeon. Perhaps the Warzone (dungeon made monsters in player's image).

@New gears: we've got a lot as it is XD we are planning an update on some custom gears, and as always we'll keep releasing some custom, specially for holidays.

@Renewal: not happening, we might get the client but that's as far as we go.

@Panda's cookies: no comments XD

@Skill Scrolls: no plan to release more for the moment, sorry.

@Standard Operating Procedure for GM team: Well, we can try to standardize things a bit, but this isn't a professional company and we're not robots XD still we'll do our best.

@Refresh command: I've heard about abuse with that command so wasn't planning on adding it, sorry.

@Forum Update: I don't see it as a priority sorry, what I mean by that is that the forum works, I'd rather address things that are missing or malfunctioning first. I am however planning an eventual move of the forum from this host (hero-server) to the (pandoraonline) host which should make the forums faster.

~ Server Admin ~
04-25-2013 10:25 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Nobody mentioned WoE: SE? Is the population content with imo not really appealing WoE as it is or is there a general consensus that with playerbase as it is, WoE: SE is far from applicable?

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
04-25-2013 10:44 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

There was talk of WoE: SE before, even then we weren't sure the population would be big enough to support it, and now it's smaller. :\

Another idea was to have a WoE: SE castle be an War of Light VS Dark, which would function like WoE but instead of guild fighting it's the 2 allegiance.

~ Server Admin ~
04-25-2013 11:16 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

WoE: SE would be a complete failure here, most of the people who participate in WoE look like complete fools out of a precasting position and there's no precasting in SE, it's strictly GvG oriented.

I can guarantee SE is more fun then FE but I just don't think it's possible to have a decent SE woe scene here without having new blood which won't happen without severe modifications regarding pvp/woe oriented features. Most servers with a good woe scene have trade systems to obtain woe materials from BG (which also has no cooldown) which keeps the woe/pvp players happy because they can get whatever they need without the grind.

Also, keep in mind that iRO classic opened last summer and that they just re-added SE into the server so it's hard to get people to play hero (another low rate) for WoE when there's that offer out there.

Consumable wise, SE is also much more demanding and considering the economy this server has for woe materials (about slim to none due to a low population), I highly doubt it would work here.

Just to throw numbers out there, I usually use 3k bombs, 500+ blues and 500+ whites (and I'm devoed most of the time) for a 2h woe on the SE servers I play...

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 11:26 AM by Gojira.)
04-25-2013 11:25 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??What does heRO need?

Gojira Wrote:I can guarantee SE is more fun then FE but I just don't think it's possible to have a decent SE woe scene here without having new blood which won't happen without severe modifications regarding pvp/woe oriented features.

Do I see a vicious circle? We need new blood to improve but we won't have new blood unless we improve.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
04-25-2013 11:31 AM