* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cutest Couple
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Cutest Couple

Not sure why you're trying to bring WSS into it, dude. That wasn't a "corrupt" discussion in any way.
Nor can you claim the poll was rigged when you can't even see the damn results. I can claim that people started new accounts, or logged in to inactive ones because we allll can see exactly who voted for who, and player profiles provide such info.
But enough of that - move on before you because Shinigami 2.0.

A public poll can never be 100% accurate or non-corrupt, as it is public opinion. And GMs can never tether public opinion.
The only way to do that would be to suppress and disallow, in every way, EVERY opinion or vote a person has. And we can all see why that would be a bad idea, I assume.
The best they can do is take it in stride, adapt to it, and laugh their arses off at the people who felt they needed to go this far.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
02-08-2013 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

@Ellie well you say we can all see who voted.. To be honest I do not want to know.
Ellie Wrote:I can claim that people started new accounts, or logged in to inactive ones because we allll can see exactly who voted for who, and player profiles provide such info
So you are saying that you can claim beyond a reasonable doubt that ppl deliberately rigged the polls in there favour for this contest, and that you can claim the the same for the (wss in bw poll) with obvious different results.

Now that I can not agree with. My logic says its most probable that if corrupt actions did take place here, corrupt actions did also take place in the recent past. Thus affected the (wss in bw poll).

a disclaimer: I am not interested in finding the truth out about it, however if the GM-team is to address this poll's legality they have to back-track and adress other recent poll based GM actions.

a side-note: can of worms open.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
02-08-2013 09:30 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Underneath poll > Show results.
TADA. If it is a public poll, you can see the name, with a link to their forum profile of every. single. person. who. voted.

If it's not a public poll, you can't. Not even GMs can.

It's not a basis of "if you say so." That is how the forums work.

AMAZING, I KNOW.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
02-08-2013 10:21 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

xD. I looked at this poll show selection, it is so less private. For your point that you are trying to make: name and shame if it is so much of a problem. Basically make a audit, careful of bias.?

most wanted buying list
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 10:28 AM by Seth~.)
02-08-2013 10:26 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I don't think you're getting the either of the points I was making at all, but sure. Whatever, dear.

Here is is again in simpler sentences:

1) GMs cannot count of 100% accuracy on polls like this one (ie, ones that degrade into a popularity contest) because players always have a personal opinion or agenda. The only way GMs can "uncorrupt" polls or anything like this is to remove any right to an opinion or feedback a player has.
Not happening.

Nor, in the long run, doe sit really matter. No one even knows what this is being used for, so all it is doing is providing Lolz. If it is for something that actually matters an ounce, I'm sure they'll do something about it.

2) Stop trying to bring up your WSS. Claiming it was flooded with new accounts is a load of bollocks that you can't back up, because 1) It was a private poll and 2) It garnered an entire what? 44 votes vs the over DOUBLE the amount this one has.
The WSS one fit well within the number of general forum users. This one doesn't. Why? Because of the artificial boosting.
This one also has people on both sides posting said opinions. The WSS one pretty publicly had a lot of people NOT wanting them. But hey, let's twist harder.
See the difference?

TLDR; Stop trying to twist everything into "Omg GMs are corrupt/bias because they didn't add WSS into Bee Wings!" before poor Merellis' brain implodes.

DONE.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 10:51 AM by Ellie.)
02-08-2013 10:29 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

RE:??Cutest Couple

Ellie Wrote:1) GMs cannot count of 100% accuracy on polls like this one (ie, ones that degrade into a popularity contest) because players always have a personal opinion or agenda. The only way GMs can "uncorrupt" polls or anything like this is to remove any right to an opinion or feedback a player has.
Not happening.
U right.
U can't know if anyone vote because like that couple or because anyone ask for vote and if u ask to this people, don't said the truth is easy.

The solutions are two: stop to speak and see who is more popular (not cute) or delete this stupid pool

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
02-08-2013 10:55 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

So why all the fuss if this whole argument is pointless. On the artificial inflation of ppl that voted for this poll. Name and Shame, since you have clearly know this ppl that inflates the poll. Just stating that it is inflated is like stating the sky is red. Where is your thesis or your proof. (pointing to the data does not proof it, you just load a bunch of useless info amoungst so called proof). The art of proofing your point (imo) is not being lazy to illustrate your facts.

To illustrate the total of 92 votes is so called inflated since it does not correspond with the so called population. VS 44 votes. Who says that the same ratio of inflation can also not apply to other polls. Thus 70% for example of those votes can still be from corrupt dealings. Throwing around opinions is not proofing points, you are attempting to sway public opinion to your side.
If you are for a witch hunt please hunt mindfully of your actions.

@Ellie GM actions I agree with you on that, it would be interesting how and if any action can be done to prevent this so called inflation.

side-note: choosing a time so close to valentines to point such basically useless points out is just lame.

most wanted buying list
02-08-2013 11:31 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Cutest Couple

Okay, not to derail the poll argument, but Seth~ I don't think you understood that my whole Dawkins-and-Kiaro thing was a joke... as in, you'd have to be crazy to LITERALLY fall in love with a homunculus NPC in an online video game. And I do mean LITERALLY crazy.

Also, as has already been said, this doesn't even compare to the WSS poll. Don't be silly. I'm still finding it hilarious that this is even attracting the idea of fake votes. I hope it just gets made into the image for the patcher / news announcement for Feb updates. That would make my day.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-08-2013 11:40 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Oh, I was done, and now I just can't help but post again.

I thought I wasn't going to be able to giggle any more out of all this more than I already have.
But thank you, Seth~, for proving that I still have the ability to laugh my arse off.
If it were not for your post, I'd not be here, giggling away, while picturing myself in my head, as some sort of supreme being that can magically change the info displayed on people's forum profiles by simply typing a couple of handful of names into a post.

My crown is pretty, and I wear a cape. And have one of those fancy sticks.

Albus, I am glad that you also find that this thread tickles all sorts of goody areas, and even though you don't know how to use Alt+End, I will picket with you for equal homun-human rights.
Kissy

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 11:49 AM by Ellie.)
02-08-2013 11:47 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

@azurerogue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKJgOZXEho I do not really mind I love the entertainment I get out of it anyways.

Your whole notion of this being a target for fake votes, I agree. To think that someone would use his/her time to alter a poll for something unknown, as basis for a popularity contest, with potential rewards like fame ect. I do love the entertainment that this generates.

Fake votes still is not off the table, if possible it throws polls into categories of who is less bored to corruptly alter polls in his/her favour. If no action can be taken to remove/alter such corrupt possibilities a large cloud now effectively hangs over any action taken that is based on polls.

@Ellie I love entertainment like this. It makes heRO more fun. xd.
Anyways so you say we can thus accept this poll as a accurate representation of the real heRO population regardless of the so called inflation of the polls. Since you can not wave your magic wand to point out corruption. So whats the point?
If you can not do something about it, accept the corrupt ones that has lots of time to spend on altering any poll made....hmm or join them?
Dono how long this is gona be there anyways here is a nice link:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid266753

A random suggestion maybe a GM with lots of time should look at the most extensive and agonising long method to discourage this inflation. Without negatively affecting the number of ppl who would participate in such polls.??

most wanted buying list
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 02:32 PM by Seth~.)
02-08-2013 11:54 AM
Thread Closed