Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To Be a Hero, Signup & OOC
Jiggy Offline

To Be a Hero, Signup & OOC

[Image: j7i.png]
The Plot:
Many yearn for adventure, be it for fame, fortune, romance, or revenge. Few survive the countless trials that lie outside the city walls, but those that have lived long enough to see their ambitions bear fruit now stand as our greatest heroes...or our most dangerous evils. What dreams will you chase? For whom will you fight?
What kind of hero are you?
Getting Started:
Will you venture forth? To begin your journey, fill out the character template below and post your information here to be approved by me or a co-host. You may use this thread as the means to communicate with other people out-of-character, be it for coordinating a story arc, or for joining a party.
Rules:
  • Please be respectful and courteous to your fellow role-players. If you have a problem with someone, please keep it private, and out of this thread. RP-related issues, however, are welcome as long as they are discussed politely.
  • All characters start off as Novices with nothing but a knife and the clothes on their backs, no exceptions.
  • There is a two character limit. Only if someone is proven to be capable of handling both characters on a consistent basis will they be allowed to take on an additional character.
  • For the sake of storytelling, there's no real need to get technical about your stats. As for skills, though I'm sure that saying so is redundant, assume that they're like skills in real life and must be trained, rather than having points thrown into them.
  • There is no Novice training ground. Instead, you'll start out in the town of your choosing to prepare for your adventure. Starting in the town that offers the job class you intend to become is discouraged, but not forbidden. You can also plan ahead and start in the same town with other characters for a richer role-playing experience.
  • Do not make your character over-powered. I will warn you if your character seems to take no harm in battle or can wipe their enemies away with a single attack.
  • Do not control someone else's character in your posts. In other words, if your character's actions would cause or require someone else's to react in some way, please discuss it with that character's creator to get their approval before you post.
  • Lastly, please try to make each post in the actual RP thread at least one paragraph long. It's rather discouraging for some people to spend a lot of time and effort forming a grand post, only for its response to be, "Samantha accepts the handshake."
Character Template
Quote:
  • Name:
  • Appearance: (Picture and/or description)
  • Alignment: (i.e. Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, etc.)
  • Personality: (How your character thinks and responds. Be as in depth as possible, as other players will need to get a good understanding of your character if they plan to interact with them.)
  • Hometown: (e.g. Izlude, Prontera, Geffen, etc.)
  • History: (Even if your character is starting as a Novice, they still had a life up to this point. Who are they? Why do they behave the way they do? The more descriptive, the better.)
  • Class: (It's good to know what class you intend your character to be beforehand.)
  • Party: (If you're going to be in a party with someone else, what will your group be called? Once a party has enough members and they get their hands on an Emperium, they have the right to be called a guild.)
  • Equipment/inventory: (To be kept up to date at the discretion of the character's creator.)
  • Color: (The color of your character's dialogue text, so it will be easier to distinguish between characters.)

Co-hosts: Currently none.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 01:58 AM by Jiggy.)
02-10-2013 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jiggy Offline

RE: To Be a Hero, Signup & OOC

Heroes
This will be the list of characters that are created, to make it easier to find their information for editing or reviewing.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 01:26 AM by Jiggy.)
02-10-2013 12:26 AM
Jiggy Offline

Arc List
Deep within the annals of a forgotten archive, records are kept of our world's most important individuals and their many adventures.

This list contains summaries of those records as they are recovered and catalogued.

Crispin O'Claire
Arc I: Escaping the Haze
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 04:30 PM by Jiggy.)
02-10-2013 12:27 AM
Jiggy Offline

Reserved.
02-10-2013 12:28 AM
Jiggy Offline

Reserved.
02-10-2013 12:29 AM
Jiggy Offline

Story arc example:

Quote:
Arc Title
Party/character name

Short and vague summary of what will happen during the arc. For example:
After landing on Byalan Island, Bob disembarks to find the rumored treasure buried deep within its underground caves. While roaming the caverns, he recalls what Izlude's townsfolk had warned him about: the spirit that guards the treasure, the Ghost of Salty Gold. The legends intrigue Bob and he decides he is going to defeat this ghost. After all, how popular would he be if he beat the ghost and got the treasure? So with this thought in mind, he goes to search for what cannot be found. Unfortunately, Byalan's caverns are also home to many monsters, and when Bob disturbs them with his hunt, they intend to repel this intruder before he can wake the spirit and endanger their home even further.

Arc Enemies
No need to list all the monsters that you fight, only the main bosses of the arc. So, for the example above:
Quote:
  • Name: "Ghost of Salty Gold" Hamm Daggart
  • Appearance: Image Link
  • Alignment: Neutral Evil
  • History: Hamm Daggart was a nasty pirate who loved his treasure more than his life. So after killing his crew for attempted mutiny, he took his gold and buried himself with it deep within the caves of Byalan's watery dungeon. Stories tell that his ghost still guards the place that he is buried with his gold, and that he will attack any who come too close.
  • Weapons: None
  • Color: N/A (Doesn't talk)
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 03:01 PM by Jiggy.)
02-10-2013 12:29 AM
Jiggy Offline

Finally, to start things off, my own character.
  • Name: Crispin O'Claire
  • Appearance: (Image Link) Light-brown hair and brown eyes.
  • Alignment: Neutral Good
  • Personality: A polite young lad, though he's a little naive. Very loyal to those who've earned his trust, and will do anything to help his friends. Though, however earnest he may be, he is also quite meek. He dislikes conflict, and is rather docile even when confronted, but he displays more strength of will when others are in danger.
  • Hometown: Einbroch
  • History:
    Quote:Having been raised by a rich merchant family in Einbroch, Crispin was, from a young age, witness to many atrocities kept carefully hidden from public view, behind the innovative factories and their smog. The pollution was everyone's prime concern, but nobody did anything about it. It was all a farce. Crispin's own father was privy to secret dealings in Einbroch's underground, and Crispin was to follow in his footsteps. Crispin's mother, however, was a kind soul, determined to protect him from that dirty, polluted world, and so she ran with him from the city, all the way to Al De Baran. Crispin was dumbstruck. Never in his life had he seen such a clear sky and clean water. Crispin and his mother managed to live in that magnificent city, evading his father's grasp for just over a year before they were finally located and captured. Crispin's mother nearly died from the beatings that she received, but his father had preemptively concocted a story about how the two of them were kidnapped by a local bandit group to escape prosecution. Crispin had nearly given up hope, but his mother was still sure that he could live a full life, without the poisonous influence of his father. Secretly, she had contacted the Prontera Chivalry with the help of her personal aide, who had assisted in their original escape. In answer to her pleas for help, a small party of Knights was sent to rescue her and Crispin. His father was less than pleased. He did everything he could to turn them away, but once he resorted to calling upon a band of mercenaries to dispose of them, the Knights quickly dispatched all hostile forces and apprehended Crispin's father. Crispin and his mother took over control of his father's company, but his mother passed away soon after. Her dying wish for him was the pursuit of happiness, to not be chained down by his father's muddy past. To fulfill his mother's wishes, Crispin dissolved the company, and is currently using what little savings were left over to prepare for a long journey.
  • Class: (Aspiring) Knight
  • Party:
  • Equipment/inventory: Knife; Clothing
  • Color: Maroon
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 12:10 AM by Jiggy.)
02-10-2013 12:31 AM
Jiggy Offline

Arc I: Escaping the Haze
Crispin O'Claire

Having put an end to his father's dirty business, Crispin attempts to grant his mother's wish for him to live a full life; however, while preparing for his journey, he runs into one of his father's enraged business partners. Will Crispin's adventure end before it's begun?

Arc Enemies
Quote:
  • Name: Harold Buckston
  • Appearance: Image Link
  • Alignment: Neutral Evil
  • History: Harold Buckston was one of Crispin's father's closest business partners; he had invested nearly all of his assets in his company, so when it was closed down, he lost almost everything he had, nearly six billion zeny. He swore to make the one responsible for his sudden poverty, Crispin, pay for what he'd done.
  • Equipment/inventory: Main Gauche
  • Color: Purple
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 02:05 AM by Jiggy.)
02-10-2013 04:11 PM
Lena Away
No one

So is this more of a High Casual sort of RP or Casual at best? I'm hoping by the standards of posting quality that it's at least Casual ( I can't stand one-liners lol) so I'll definitely think of getting a CS up if you're accepting characters =o

I'm not too sure about picking an alignment for my character, though I'll try to see if I can. I like to flesh out my character's personality as we go along the journey, allowing them to be shaped and molded by the interactions between the people they meet, things they do and see, etc.

If I can think of anymore questions, I'll edit my post and add them here, along with a CS if I do manage to get one together. I'm on an RP forum most of the time (which is where I get my fix, lol) So I'm sure I can manage to bounce back and forth from here to there, especially since this'll be my first RO-based RP if I do pick this up! By the way, have you GM'd any other threads on other forums? I'd looove to check them out if you have =D

Thanks!
02-13-2013 02:31 PM
Jiggy Offline

To be honest, choosing an alignment for your character could be an optional detail in the character creation process, but based on my experiences, people tend to give their characters a more consistent personality throughout the RP if they have that sort of basis to go by; however, the personality section should be sufficient should you choose not to apply that detail. I can relate to your stance on it, as I like to have my characters grow and learn as people throughout the course of the story, as well, but I like to have a place to start from.

As for the RP, I'll be somewhat lenient with the length and quality of posts, but proper syntax and deliberated prose are preferred.

I've GM'd a few other roleplays, but they've been long since abandoned, as all the members gradually disappeared into their real lives. If you do choose to join, I'd be glad. I'm hoping for at least a moderate amount of participants so we can make it an engaging story.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 06:07 PM by Jiggy.)
02-13-2013 06:03 PM