Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheers from Australia!
Amarante Offline
Lady of Acacias

Cheers from Australia!

Howdy!

I'm new to the server, but not new to RO. Well, not technically. I played years and years ago when I was still in middle school, but haven't touched the game since. Looking forward to reacquainting myself with things!

I'm a Texan abroad (though I suppose technically, I'm an expat at this point), living in Sydney, Australia!

Right now, I make my living sewing, designing textiles and occasionally illustrating on a freelance basis. Last year, I started my own, small-scale brand of lolita-style clothing. More recently, I have found a manufacturer to support my endeavour, which means I'll very shortly be producing much larger runs! The current project I'm working on is a secret, but involves a sailor-style dress with batwing details on the collar!

My partner and I live in a townhouse with our fluffy black Norwegian Forest Cat, Freyja, just a fifteen minute drive from the beach. We don't take advantage of the surf all that often, but we're both fond of taking a bit of a stroll down the sand after dinner--the shopping arcade down there has some of the best Mexican you can find locally, which I sometimes miss.

As far as hobbies go, reading is pretty high on the list. Right now, I'm in the middle of Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book and really looking forward to his coming titles (Fortunately, the Milk... and The Ocean at the End of the Lane). That isn't all I do, however: I love photography almost as much as I do reading. I have a whole blog dedicated to taking ridiculous, crazy-cat-lady-esque snaps of our cat in action, and really enjoy taking candid shots of my partner's adorable niece and nephew. Sometimes, I even take cheesy self-portraits.

I also love going to metal gigs (recently saw Nightwish and Sabaton as well as Alestorm here in Australia!) and my partner and I have been known to travel overseas for bands we truly love. We're really looking forward to this year, as it has been a great year for local gigs!

Now, if you got through all of that, I commend you. It was a bit of a ramble, purely because I never know what to say in these self-introductions.

I look forward to playing on the server and hope to make some new friends!
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 10:01 PM by Amarante.)
03-28-2013 10:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

RE: Cheers from Australia!

I'm sure you'll have no trouble making friends, have fun! Icon_smile

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
03-28-2013 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

almost sounds like Inasad 2.0 Laugh

welcome to the server!
me and my wife are currently in Canberra, although we're both originally from Indonesia.

anyway, customs info etc are in the forums and wiki. GL and HF!

W
03-29-2013 01:45 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

Hello and welcome to heRO!
Don't worry, you'll meet a lot of great people here and I hope you'll have loads of fun!

On another note, sewing and reading are one of my hobbies too, though I'm not so good at sewing, haha Icon_biggrin;;

Hope to meet you in-game!

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

03-29-2013 05:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Hello! Welcome to the server, its nice to see someone who is interested in Lolita! I love the style, though nowadays with my current study i am not able to wear the clothes to school due to being afraid it might get ruined if i do. Not even casual loli would be suited there xD

I'll be looking forward to see some of your work, if you decide to share it with us Icon_biggrin

Hope you will have a lot of fun on this server and i might see you in game!

As extra tips; Here is our Server Wiki and our Control Panel for additional information, custom quests and gears and such about the server Icon_biggrin

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
03-29-2013 05:55 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Welcome to the server! Everyone has such long posts. Um...uhhh...welcome to the server! Hope to see ya around! Icon_biggrin

03-29-2013 06:01 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Cheers from Australia!

mahawirasd Wrote:almost sounds like Inasad 2.0 Laugh

Except I can't sew, not interested in Lolita, and my last show was Iced Earth. Icon_razz

ThoughIdowearsomeNeilGaimanscents.>>

Welcomeee.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 07:22 AM by Ellie.)
03-29-2013 07:21 AM
Amarante Offline
Lady of Acacias

RE: ??Cheers from Australia!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Started up this afternoon and got a good few levels in on a character. It'll be a while before I'm 100% comfortable with the platform again, but I remembered more than I realised!

Happy to see some other Australian residents on the server! Sometimes, games can be awkward to find people to play with on account of time differences. haha

Thanks for the tips! I'm sure they'll come in handy! It's also nice to find other lolitas on the game. I guess it makes sense, though. We all seem to be drawn to cute things and RO is nothing if not cute. :p

I guess verbosity is contagious. @_@;
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Always happy for to meet new Gaiman fans. :D

Also saw Iced Earth last year (April-ish, I believe?). Sadly, they got shafted on venues by getting sent to the HiFi, so the show was a bit disappointing. :(

Too hot and poorly ventilated, with bad sound quality/balance. Couldn't understand any of the lyrics, even for songs I knew well.

It was a real shame, too. They seemed really into the set! Were you at that same gig? Or the Melbourne one?
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 08:21 AM by Amarante.)
03-29-2013 08:01 AM
Konako Offline
Brigade Member

I'm living in Sydney Australia too! Welcome to the server and have fun playing. Icon_biggrin

Konakona.
             Kanakana.
03-29-2013 08:19 AM
Amarante Offline
Lady of Acacias

RE:??Cheers from Australia!

Thanks! :D
03-29-2013 08:22 AM