Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taekwon point reset
Monkeykun Offline

Taekwon point reset

Hi =D

A few friends and I just joined here a few days ago, and as soon as I logged on I checked to see the points for taekwon rankers. Its a class
I enjoy playing and was saddened to find that the number 10 slot was
359. To be honest it was a huge turn off for me, and I'm sure that there
are at least a few other people out there that would play like to play a taekwon ranker if the point system was perhaps refreshed on a weekly to
monthly basis. Its a system i have seen on a few servers before and I think it would be a great addition here.
04-04-2013 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE: Taekwon point reset

Put more appropriately, rankers that don't budge should depreciate/decay on a monthly basis. This will make it so that their many hours of work will still be worth something, but maintenance should be involved in order to keep rosters fresh and current--i.e., if you want a ranker, you have to keep accumulating points. /taekwon, /alchemist, and /blacksmith all have players who haven't touched the game in over a year or two.

I want to make a TK ranker too, though the points required is pretty intimidating 8T On the other hand I can take consolation in the fact that it constitutes permanent-power that won't go away.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 07:38 AM by Weapon.)
04-05-2013 07:34 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I remember a topic about this previously where the same question was put out and the response from the GM team was something along the lines of,

"Those people worked hard for their spots on the ranking board, and we are not going to remove or change the rankings."

It would be interesting to see a change in not just the TK boards but also the alch, blacksmith, and nobility rankings, but I don't think it's going to be happening seeing as the GM's have already said that they're not going to do it.
04-05-2013 10:21 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

To be honest, it took me about 3 weeks of dedication to get to spot #10, and after that, there has been a god rush to keep the 10th spot.

It's not hard when you know some tricks about ranking a TaeKwon Kid.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
04-05-2013 11:58 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I've actually long been in support of some sort of decay system. It's just tough to balance out how to make it fair to both new and old players. The alternative I really like (though I'm sure a number of people would oppose) would just be a threshold point after which you get the bonuses. No "Top 10" moving threshold - just some arbitrary value that is the same all the time.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-05-2013 12:46 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i'm kind of split about this... IF a monthly reset means more activity by more TK kids throughout the month, THEN i would definitely be in support of it...

thing is, it's hard to balance...

and although i can understand the thought behind it, i think albus's threshold would have an adverse effect on TK activity...

W

PS: and yea, basically what adrillf said...
04-08-2013 05:56 AM