Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sniper Builds & Equip
Nachi Offline

Sniper Builds & Equip

My hunter is getting closer to 99, so it's time to start planning my sniper build.

It's probably hard to really mess up the stats, as anything with 99 dex should be fine. But as it's my first rebirth char ever, i wanna do it properly! xD
My goal with this char is mostly mvping, so i wonder what would make a good mvp sniper.
99 dex is a no-brainer, right?
But what about the other stats?
Is it worth getting some vit for better status defense (better than 1 anyway XD) and hp?
Is it worth getting luk for crits & falcon attacks?
My hunter right now has 30 (26+4) luk and physical attacks are fun, with the falcon flying and crits happening quite often. As a sniper, sharp shoot can crit, so i guess it would be a good idea to get some crit, but afaik most chars get crit out of equipment rather than luk.
So... what about int?
The new skills one gets as sniper are awesome, but they all cost a lot of sp, so i figure a bit of int would be recommended. But how much exactly? I'd be thankful for suggestions on this one.

About the equipment, i've been told to get an orc archer bow (so i will XD) and maybe a sniping suit (this one is probably very expensive, so i'm not certain if i can afford it anytime soon).
What else is good equipment to get?
An mvp bow (ak cards) would be sweet of course, but it's a bit unrealistic, so what are good alternatives to get if i want to go mvp?

Looking forward to your advice. No1
04-21-2013 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

RE: Sniper Builds & Equip

If you're new to playing sniper I'd suggest just going with the cookie-cutter 99 dex 99 agi build.

Don't bother with the sniping suit. It's only good for falcon assault and sharp shooting, neither of which you'll be using much when MVPing. If you want to MVP with a bard/clown to spam them, bragi is more than enough without the sniping suit.

Go with either the slotted pantie/undershirt combo, the dragon vest/manteau combo, and/or enchanted tights with the orcus combo. Orcus set vs. the other two depends on whether you want to also use the sniper accessory combo (can't with orcus) and whether you want to use wings (can't with the other two). In the end you'll probably want both for different situations.

If you can't afford a generic AK MVPing bow, just build bows based on whichever MVPs you'll be hunting frequently. Try to make ones that are useful for more than just one MVP to save money, even if it means slightly lower damage.
04-21-2013 05:28 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

And for budget MVPing early on you can take an Orc Archer Bow and just use converters and cursed waters where needed. :>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-21-2013 05:48 PM
Nachi Offline

RE:??Sniper Builds & Equip

EvolutionXI Wrote:If you're new to playing sniper I'd suggest just going with the cookie-cutter 99 dex 99 agi build.
Buuuuuuut, builds like that are so boring! Cry
Guess i'll just stat something and see how it turns out... worst case i can still reset it.

EvolutionXI Wrote:Don't bother with the sniping suit. It's only good for falcon assault and sharp shooting, neither of which you'll be using much when MVPing. If you want to MVP with a bard/clown to spam them, bragi is more than enough without the sniping suit.
I see, that's good to know.

EvolutionXI Wrote:Go with either the slotted pantie/undershirt combo, the dragon vest/manteau combo, and/or enchanted tights with the orcus combo. Orcus set vs. the other two depends on whether you want to also use the sniper accessory combo (can't with orcus) and whether you want to use wings (can't with the other two). In the end you'll probably want both for different situations.
That sounds complicated. >__>
The first two are armor+garment, both give +agi and flee, the second one being a bit better (and heavier).
Hm... the orcus set looks rather nice, but i wouldn't be able to switch one of the equips for something else, lest i lose the nice set bonus. Besides, i can only get the set effect of one of the accessories, right? Maybe i'm wrong, but i got something in my memory saying one piece of equipment will only work in one set at a time or something. Thinking
(Maybe it was something else.)
Hmmm, the sniper accessory combo looks useful (bowman scarf+icarus wings, right?).

About converters... they were always so expensive on my previous server, so i never really considered them. But of course, if it's mvping, the damage is more important than anything else. Icon_twisted
04-22-2013 10:00 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Converters are cheap here: just farm the items to make them and ask to any sages to create converters for ya.

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
04-22-2013 10:32 AM