Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Map of the week/month
Menace651 Offline

Map of the week/month

Could we have a map of the week/month where the mobs would give something like 1.5x exp. I'm so tired of doing nothing but ID and DG parties. It would be nice to make an incentive for people to party elsewhere. I would like to party elsewhere but the exp is not good enough for people to be interested in partying. Some good maps for this would be babylan 5, new world maps, some of the glasthiem maps, etc.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
04-22-2013 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Egggz Offline

RE: Map of the week/month

Ya map of the month would be fun, like when we had double xp off Alarms, that helped me level considerably and its not like the loot was so amazing
04-22-2013 12:05 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The general idea is good, I'm not sure about making it a recurrent thing (don't think I can automate this), but I'll try to make it an occasional thing and we'll bring back the Fairy Auction pack where we had the alarm chosen. Thanks.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-23-2013 02:44 PM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

You can automate it. A lot of servers have a mob of the week or a race of the week as another option, that's generally and easy automation to make.

The problem is most of the time it's done with OnNPCKillEvent, which ends up being inefficient server resource wise. That being said as far as I know, HeRO isn't having any issues hardware wise.

The other options would be source code in a mapflag that provides a EXP modifier, or if it's race of the day either source code it in, or have a SQL query execute the change.

Anyways, that's my two cents on how it CAN be done, there are probably other ways I'm completely missing.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 09:01 AM by Spuznik.)
04-26-2013 08:48 AM