Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SG/Ninja Guides?
Zeena Offline

SG/Ninja Guides?

If anyone knows anything about Star Gladiators or Ninjas, please PM me in-game or send me a message or post here. I recently made these characters to see what they're all about, and I've tried looking at guides online, but they just don't make sense to me. Any help/suggestions on different builds, stats, skills, equips would be much appreciative!
04-22-2013 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: SG/Ninja Guides?

Ninja's are a versatile class. Though primarily a ranged class, what with magic spells and plenty of throwing weapons at their disposal, they do have limited options for melee combat as well.

Though they do have one flaw that gravity never really fixed. Two of the skills (one of which is useful to just about every build) is reliant on you being hidden. The ninja skill Mist Slash can hide the ninja if it hits, if it misses, it doesn't do anything. The downside, if you run out of SP when Mist Slash hits, You can't unhide without a smokie card, or other gear that enables use of the thief's Hide Skill. So essentially, if you use Mist slash at low SP,??you'd either have to wait for your SP to run out Inside hide, wait for the hide effect to wear off, or get someone or a monster to bring you out of hide (gotta love detectors). As such, It's highly recommended for ALL ninja's to have a smokie accessory on hand.

Most of the Ninja builds make use of one very important skill.

Cast of Ciceda Shell. This skill will essentially make the majority of physical attacks??miss you for 3 hits. Now, it could be good or bad depending on your view, but each hit that is avoided with ciceda will knock you back a fair distance in the opposite direction from whatever hit you. It's generally recommended to keep this up whenever possible. This skills knockback effect is removed during WoE.

The other useful Skill I was mentioning earlier is Shadow Jump. When hidden, it essentially acts like the monks Body Relocate skill. BUT it is kind of different at the same time. Unlike the monks snap, If you can cast a spell, or have a sniper shoot over a tile you cannot walk over,??you can Shadow jump through it. A lot of the oldschool maps have cliffs you can shadow jump up, and a couple of the mazes are made hillariously easier due to being able to Shadow jump through portions of the wall that you couldn't walk through.??I suppose that's one reason this is one of the skills that got Severely nerfed to uselessness in WoE. In woe,??it will merely bring you out of hide at your current location, waste of 10 MP.

The cheapest (and probably the most often used) is the magic build. Compared with a Mage, each spell a ninja learns is sub-par damage wise, but the??key to their greatness lies in??the fact they have little to no aftercast delay, meaning the faster they can cast it, the faster they can SPAM it.??Regardless, the usual rules of casters apply. Int for more magic damage, More SP and better SP recovery. Dex for casting speed, but thanks to ciceda,??you're more freed up to spend the unused stat points elsewhere. I'd recommend str for more weight, but??vit or agi are also decent choices.

"Lightning Spear of Ice" is one of the most heavily abused spells of the magic ninja. It does??2+ the skill level hits of water property damage (the same number of hits that Jupital thunder does, but no Knockback and very little cast delay). I've known multiple ninja's who have 99'ed in Kiel off of spamming lvl 1-3 of this skill on Aliots, since with the little cast delay, it's quite easy to lock them in place where they stand.

Crimson Fire Blossom is the Basic fire spell for ninjas. It's not too impressive, but it does get the job done.

Wind Blade is the Ninja's basic Wind spell. In my opinion, it sucks. I think it started off trying to be like a wind element soul strike, but the damage and cast time are so much worse it's kind of a joke. But it's required for some of their better wind spells.

Water Escape Technique (WET for short) is pretty much the Ninja's quagmire. It lowers agi and walking speed for any enemy (in PVP anyone that's not a ninja is affected, ally and foe alike) Supposedly,??it powers up your lightning Ice spear when??you're standing in it, but I don't think gravity ever fixed that.??That said, it IS a water source, so Waterball Wizards and Priests with empty bottles and no holy waters might love you.??It costs 1 Ice Stone (bought in the back of the ninja Job change area)

Crimson Fire Formation- The ninja's Area Firewall. At the cost of 1 fire stone (bought in the back of the Ninja guild in amatsu), you summon 5x5 cells of flame around where you stand, and acts pretty much exactly as the mages firewall does. However you can only have one up at at time, and If you try to use WET after having one up, the WET will remove any flames left on the field.

Lightning Crash. I'd Say this is Better than the first wind spell, but still not overly??special.??For the cost of 1 wind stone, you summon down a lightning bolt that does AoE damage around you for one single hit.??The area affected and the damage are increased by skill level, up to 9x9 cells. Best I could figure,??I'd shadow jump into the middle of a Wizards storm gust and lightning crash to break the ice before it finished, but??I haven't really gotten many opportunities to get the skills down for that.

Falling Ice Pillar is kind of meh. Essentially water property??lightning crash with a chance to freeze. 60% chance of freezing when it's maxed. My way of thinking is it's to help with mob controls in parties. Shadow jump onto the overmobbed tank (with ciceda up), and use it.??Hopefully they'll freeze, if not you'll draw the aggro of every unfrozen one the tank isn't attacking. IMO, it's cast time is too slow to really make use of it, especially since it's self targeted. Costs 1 Ice stone.

Dragon Fire Formation. This is THE best ninja fire spell. 1 fire stone makes a 5x5 cell splash of +900% matk damage around your target.

North Wind- Ninja's final wind spell is??essentially a ripoff of Snipers Sharp Shooting. For one wind stone, you can shoot up to 9 cells away, and deal damage to anything within a 2 cells to either side of the line between you and the target. It does NOT continue on after it hits the target it's intended for, and I've had issues where it eats up the stone but still doesn't cast after being knocked away by ciceda. Damage is okayish I guess.

Magic is Essentially Keep ciceda up, and spam the spell of your choice until you 99.

Gearing is pretty much the same as any mage. Difference is weapon.

Ashura [3] is probably the easiest to obtain, but Bazerald can offer more damage earlier on.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 09:26 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-22-2013 08:30 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

My preferred build of ninja is that of the throwing builds.??These are easily more flexible and allow for more hybridization than magic builds do.

It gets fun when you can mix up your range??with all the mind games and then get up close and personal when they're expecting you to keep your distance. Downside to these physical variants if you plan on taking up PVP-ing as a pastime,??that you have no counter whatsoever to other ninja's unless you plan on picking up "Throw Zeny"

Throwing builds are based off your str and attack for damage. Some builds go for More Dex for Throw Fuuma Shuriken, others may try int for SP. I generally go for??agi for attack speed.

Basics of throwing stuff.

Throwing mastery- Helpful passive if you like to spam cheap ranged attacks. Required for a lot of the throwing skill tree.

Throw Shuriken- This skill is underrated.You throw 1 shuriken (equipped like arrows) to deal 1 hit to the enemy with your base attack+ the atk boosts from the skill level of this and Throwing mastery.??It only costs 2 SP per shuriken (1 SP with ninja suit+Shinobi sash combo).??The atk added from skill level of this and Throwing mastery will always hit your opponent even when you'd normally miss. The damage is affected by your weapon element or damage modifier card. They can also carry over status ailments from gears or cards that status when attacking. My favorite part, it's pretty much attack speed based. As fast as you can click is as fast as you can spam it.

Throw Kunai- the Big brother to??Throw shuriken. for 10 SP and 1 Kunai (equipped like arrow),Pretty much copying RMS here-
"Throw a Kunai that will hit three times for a total of 300% attack.
Kunai's deal a base damage of about 60 per hit which acts as a mastery bonus and bypasses defense, and strikes the target even if you would normally miss.
The attack's property is affected by the type of Kunai thrown."
This is affected by gears like shuriken are.??Kinda fun to spam while in bragi.

Throw Fuuma Shuriken- This skill requires one of the ninja-only weapon types that were introduced with the class. You need to have the fuuma shuriken equipped (Giant 2-handed shuriken type weapon). This throws the massive shuriken at one enemy and does damage. If there are other enemies within a 3x3 cell range of the target, the damage gets divided equally between all of the affected. Against a single target, Fuuma Shuriken are pretty decent damage wise,??but that splash division kinda loses it??points. This skill has a fairly slow cast time and unlike the other throwing skills thus far, CAN miss. Fuuma Builds tend to focus on Str??and Dex to make it as fast, accurate and damaging as possible.

The final Throwing skill-

Throw Zeny- You throw a random amount of zeny at your opponent (how much depends on the skill level), and the damage dealt is equal to the amount thrown. No defenses, or modifiers are counted. Damage versus human and boss targets is halved. Not to mention if you've gone the Physical/throwing route,??this is the ONLY skill you'll get that can bypass other ninja's Ciceda.??It's damage is pitiful at lower skill levels, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you're rich and have skill points left over.

Ninja Suit or Ninja Suit [1] and Shinobi Sash combo is useful here due to the SP costs of spamming some of the throwing skills like kunai. Perhaps MP gears may help as well.

Str or +attack for damage Or Dex Gears for the Fuuma's Cast time

I suppose Huuma Blaze Shuriken and Spirit of Kamaitachi are the easiest to obtain in terms of Fuuma Weapons. Depending on your attack and str,??you??might want to invest in a Giant Wheel Shuriken [4] later on.??Should be noted that all Fuuma Shurikens are level 4 weapons, with the exception of Spirit of Kamaitachi and the battle grounds equips which are??lvl 3 for some reason.

More to come later.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 09:18 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-22-2013 09:10 PM
Zeena Offline

Awesome input. Thanks.
04-22-2013 11:35 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

Now for the rest of the skills.

Reverse Tatami- Primarily a defensive move for Ninja's. For the 1 cell the ninja is on, it creates??a spot where ranged attacks cannot hit you. those annoying snipers sending their bird to hit you? Use reverse tatami! Those stupid sins throwing rocks at you? Block them with a tatami floorboard out of your bum! Downside is it's effect is just as long as it's cooldown, meaning??you'll probably still get shot between the times you try to recast tatami. Also, it ONLY covers 1 cell. You move from that, and your protection is gone.??Offensively, it does weak damage that knocks back enemies 5 cells. The range of the attack effect depend on skill level. Most generally leave it at lvl 1 for Prerequisites. The tatami mats don't block magic damage so you're still in danger when fighting mages.

Mist Slash- Does melee physical damage and puts you into the hiding state. I've got mixed blessings on this. On the one hand,??it's probably cheaper on your SP to use Smokie clip for hiding, but Mist slash allows for faster spamming since there's little to no cooldown to Hiding with mist slash, so you can finish something off and shadow jump or shadow slash somewhere else to be all flashy like.

Shadow Slash- Has to be performed from the hiding state. Teleports??you??the target and does a fairly powerful slash to reveal yourself. Counts as ranged damage, and has a +50% chance to crit.

Soul- A ninja buff. Sacrifice a tiny bit of your HP to gain an amount of STR/INT equal to the skill level, and maxes at 5. It's Required to have active for Ninja skills Illusionary shadow, and Final Strike.

Illusionary Shadow- Now anyone who's tried melee-ing things with a ninja??will tell you that the knockback from ciceda can get annoying from time to time. Illusionary shadow is a nice compromise. At the cost of having Soul active, and using up a Shadow orb, You can nullify up to 5 attacks that would normally hit you without the knockback. Same rules as Ciceda as to which ones will and won't hit. While you can have ciceda and illusionary shadow active at the same time, it's a bit of a waste since each time you get hit, both buffs will share the hit, meaning you lose a hit on both of them and you still get knocked back.

Another downside to Illusionary shadow is that it does have casting time, meaning it's not as easy to put up on the fly like ciceda.

And lastly

Final Strike- Requires Soul to use. Sacrifice yourself to do massive damage. This attack is pretty much a ranged HP based Asura (bigger the HP pool, the better the damage), that will always bring your health down to 1 HP. Though I shouldn't really compare it to asura. While it IS forced neutral, it IS affected by Defense. But this can be a good thing. Try final striking something defensive with an Ice pick and watch the fun.

Final strike is Ninja's most damaging attack, but it's not as good as it's Supposed to be. something gravity never fixed, it was supposed to be used in tandem with Illusionary Shadow. Your damage would have been multiplied by the number of hits you had left before you lost your illusions.

Obviously there are builds around Final strike. While I haven't played with one or seen what their gears are like, I'm assuming that they're heavily geared towards raising their max HP like Peco peco armor??or their attack.

I tend to hybridize between throwing and melee builds. cutting myself off in the throwing line at kunai and shuriken and??making use of??mist and shadow slash.??
They tend to be more thief like builds going for str agi and dex.??
I tend to add more in the way of crit gears like Thief ring when my agi is higher than 90. Ninja Suit and Shinobi sash do play an important role since Mist and shadow slash are kind of MP intensive. I suppose it's important to note that ciceda and Illusionary shadow will not block hits that you flee.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 01:36 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-23-2013 04:21 AM