[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
04-25-2013 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

RE: Ideas to improve heRO

or players? Why not include columns about notable players? Ok

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
04-25-2013 10:41 AM
t0nz0r Away
Sir Awesomeness

How would you define notable players without being biased?

This is the challenge GM's face everyday.
04-25-2013 10:46 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Polls? "Who do you want to get interviewed in the next issue?"

04-25-2013 10:52 AM
t0nz0r Away
Sir Awesomeness

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23276
even better!
04-25-2013 10:56 AM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Upon reading the past comments I realized that this "column about notable players" I was talking about may fall under the "interviews" for the Community Corner. I was thinking of columns that would feature details about that selected player, or GM, mod or whatever such as gaming background (most likely RO/heRO stuff).

Answering the question, a notable player at least for me is someone who's relatively known among the community. But that in itself is still subjective. To avoid bias we may go with the suggested poll system.

All these are just ideas though. Laugh

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
04-25-2013 11:16 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

I'm actually pretty okay with these suggestions. Some of it already exists (as lyeak has said), but I'm definitely in with the pretty much all. If given the chance, I'd even help out!

My favourite suggestion would have to be the player interviews though. Of course, even if we use the poll section, there will still be complications but I'm sure one will find a way to avoid that. I actually have a few people I look up to, so to know them more through these interviews would be nice. *stalker mode: on* It could also be, once interviewed, no more interview until... like a year or so, idk.

The 5th one: heRO's share, sounds pretty fun and cool.I know a lot would want to get that prize!

I saw that the monster of the moment was already implemented. See you there!

--

For the colums, hm, it could be filled with guides, yes. Interviews, etc. Here are some stuff that I can think of at the moment.
  • Monster Background Stories (could be made up or actual legends)
  • Fun facts (Did you know?)
  • Beautiful or fun places players don't usually go to or haven't found yet (people who love taking screenshots might want to go there)

I can't really think of much more at the moment, but I've always been a fan of the stuff listed above so yes Sweat

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 12:22 PM by Sen.)
04-25-2013 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

1) I can feel this suggest is well intentioned, but not sure it would be worth the effort, although those who think the idea is worthwhile please keep posting, maybe I'm wrong. Also, I don't forsee having time for this personally and I assume players would rather have me working on in-game things. If another GM is keen on the idea it could be interesting.

How would this newsletter be distributed, just posted on forums or by emails? If by email, just a note, last birthday in october I sent a mass email via the forum. A) It was super slow, took several hours to send, I wasn't sure if it had sent properly or not. B) it got the domain triggered as spam XD C) not sure if it helped bring back players to heRO (which was kinda the goal), didn't notice a difference.

How to decide who is the "hero of the month"?

2) As was mentioned, I agree this is good in the guide section.

3) Monster of the moment newly implemented, similar to what you suggested, thanks, you're not the first to suggest something like this, but today it arrived on heRO!

4) Would that be an in-game thing or forum? If forum implementing a npc to distribute prize for people who voted would be time consuming. Also, we must beware of popularity contest (remember the valentine couple poll?).

5/6) We have plans to make facebook and twitter events, this gives me ideas on what the subjects could be, thanks.

7) I love contests! Just need someone to organize it. Monthly is probably too much for art contest however, people want time, we usually even give an extention for people to have time to finish their entries (I think some players wait last minute XD).

Interviews, Q&A and such. Very interesting, but lacking ressources to invest time in this imo. Unless it were player run as you mentioned.

Moving this to suggestions.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-25-2013 12:58 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

I'd say player-run with a GM llaison would be ideal. I was thinking a PDF format, maybe, with some graphics, or something like this.

(Would also be kinda cool if the newspaper was treated as ingame RP, so people involved would have 'journalist' personae etc.)

So...anyone interested in becoming a chief-redactor? xD

04-25-2013 01:17 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE:??Ideas to improve heRO

GM-Pandora Wrote:1) I can feel this suggest is well intentioned, but not sure it would be worth the effort, although those who think the idea is worthwhile please keep posting, maybe I'm wrong. Also, I don't forsee having time for this personally and I assume players would rather have me working on in-game things. If another GM is keen on the idea it could be interesting.
Worth the effort is also my problem, GM hosting would be nice.
GM-Pandora Wrote:How to decide who is the "hero of the month"?
Imo something to tie-back to heRO like nobility b-day. To elaborate must tie in with something relating to a nobility event and willingness of the noble, ohh ... and ... random.

About 4. Not a popularity contest rather a participation nobility quest thingy maybe?

GM-Pandora Wrote:5/6) We have plans to make facebook and twitter events, this gives me ideas on what the subjects could be, thanks.
Great idea. Something to tie facebook/twitter back to heRO. Like another Facebook quest.
GM-Pandora Wrote:7) I love contests! Just need someone to organize it. Monthly is probably too much for art contest however, people want time, we usually even give an extention for people to have time to finish their entries (I think some players wait last minute XD).

Interviews, Q&A and such. Very interesting, but lacking ressources to invest time in this imo. Unless it were player run as you mentioned.
Monthly nah, Rather tie the interview thingy or other back to a heRo quest like nobility. Art xd I'll view it no submissions from me.

Q&A would be interesting. From every angle possible. Q&A it should imo be tightly refined to the player. PS rather more well known or GM's would be a good start untill (the GM/players) managing this found their feet (ethics/baised ect department). All around ranking lists like #1/#2 GM's, populated guild leaders, "wise" class based player (later on). If popularity is a issue maybe source old inactive players. xD hope the Q&A would still be relevant.

Then all this tie back to a quest for a "item" hosted by said player NPC style. Where the interviewing platform should be a social media like twitter AND facebook.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
04-25-2013 02:22 PM