andmakesomeothershelpmetoohehehe..

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
04-25-2013 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

RE: Ideas to improve heRO

You could do a character background story or something like a character/role play part in the news letter, sorta like you're having an interview with a character rather then a player (also kinda stimulates the RP aspect of the game), could simply make a topic for the Character of the Month with questions and PM those with answers to a GM (if one is willing to take this job on him/her). From the PM's the GM's can pick one for that months newsletter.

(though i think its fun to kinda get to know the player behind a character as well as getting to know someone's characters personality).

I think a newsletter is quite nice, it could stimulate the community, share server updates or upcoming updates, links to polls, dungeon or map of the month, heRO wiki or quests. A Q&A (of FAQ) topic like someone suggested, stimulate Light versus Dark maybe with player stories or ToH related stories etc, a custom gear of the month or something that sort of thing.

If needed or wanted i don't mind helping with the aesthetic part of the newsletter, for more info or questions the GM's can PM me.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
04-25-2013 05:23 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Ideas to improve heRO

Kittie Wrote:You could do a character background story or something like a character/role play part in the news letter, sorta like you're having an interview with a character rather then a player (also kinda stimulates the RP aspect of the game), could simply make a topic for the Character of the Month with questions and PM those with answers to a GM (if one is willing to take this job on him/her). From the PM's the GM's can pick one for that months newsletter.

(though i think its fun to kinda get to know the player behind a character as well as getting to know someone's characters personality).

Could do both, break the fourth wall, intertwine the players and characters and let them interact??Evil

Kittie Wrote:I think a newsletter is quite nice, it could stimulate the community, share server updates or upcoming updates, links to polls, dungeon or map of the month, heRO wiki or quests. A Q&A (of FAQ) topic like someone suggested, stimulate Light versus Dark maybe with player stories or ToH related stories etc, a custom gear of the month or something that sort of thing.

If needed or wanted i don't mind helping with the aesthetic part of the newsletter, for more info or questions the GM's can PM me.

And maybe kickstart the GMs - and perhaps the players themselves - to renew the RP aspect of LvD, nobility, and all that used to be here.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 06:00 PM by Jens.)
04-25-2013 05:59 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'd be more likely to play again if the RP stories were started. :>
The next story arc that was planned was going to be interesting, I realize I was one of the main characters in the Eudoxie arc, but was going to take a far more subtle role in the second arc as a secondary character almost.

Was looking super forward to it but it never came to be. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-25-2013 06:11 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

I love you people for getting so excited about this. DO IT :U
04-25-2013 06:53 PM
t0nz0r Away
Sir Awesomeness

RE:??Ideas to improve heRO

GM-Pandora Wrote:1) I can feel this suggest is well intentioned, but not sure it would be worth the effort, although those who think the idea is worthwhile please keep posting, maybe I'm wrong. Also, I don't forsee having time for this personally and I assume players would rather have me working on in-game things. If another GM is keen on the idea it could be interesting.

How would this newsletter be distributed, just posted on forums or by emails? If by email, just a note, last birthday in october I sent a mass email via the forum. A) It was super slow, took several hours to send, I wasn't sure if it had sent properly or not. B) it got the domain triggered as spam XD C) not sure if it helped bring back players to heRO (which was kinda the goal), didn't notice a difference.

How to decide who is the "hero of the month"?

2) As was mentioned, I agree this is good in the guide section.

3) Monster of the moment newly implemented, similar to what you suggested, thanks, you're not the first to suggest something like this, but today it arrived on heRO!

4) Would that be an in-game thing or forum? If forum implementing a npc to distribute prize for people who voted would be time consuming. Also, we must beware of popularity contest (remember the valentine couple poll?).

5/6) We have plans to make facebook and twitter events, this gives me ideas on what the subjects could be, thanks.

7) I love contests! Just need someone to organize it. Monthly is probably too much for art contest however, people want time, we usually even give an extention for people to have time to finish their entries (I think some players wait last minute XD).

Interviews, Q&A and such. Very interesting, but lacking ressources to invest time in this imo. Unless it were player run as you mentioned.

Moving this to suggestions.

Hmm most of this seems to be needing to be player run with a GM oversight.

Aaronock would be a great GM for an RP section of a newsletter if she's up to it. Rahice has already suggested that she'd be glad to oversee the newsletter, with help of course. And Roleplay could be jumpstarted in the subforum - with maybe a particular part of a story somewhere, chosen by Aaronock to be posted in the newsletter? I just love this newsletter idea lol I think its a huge jumpstart to the community.

As for the contests thing there could be various things, Art, Music, PvP, Item gathering, other stuff that I can't think of cause I'm not that good at RO.

Interviews are always good. This person however would need to be selected by GM's - However how would they be selected?
05-04-2013 01:16 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Sorry dude, I just ain't as enthusiastic about RO as I once was.
It wouldn't be right for me to even consider being a GM if I wouldn't be willing to put my heart into it.

That's not fair to the people who do still love this game and this server.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-04-2013 08:54 AM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

I think want he meant was you just write a section, not necessarily be a GM.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
05-04-2013 03:56 PM