Poll: Change client?
Yes, update to the Renewal Client
No, stick with the Current Client
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Renewal Client, yay or nay?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay?

Zeena: if the patcher works for you, the client will be updated via the patcher, so it's possible you wont have to do anything special.

Beauty: I've increased storage space in the past, it's actually not related to the client, it's server side. However some people have experienced crashes with very full storage composed mostly of gears so we wont be expanding it further. 1000 is not so bad, to think we started with 300! XD

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-27-2013 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

It's looking like "yes" is the majority, so I'm just gonna toss this question out there -

Does anyone know of any good resources on how to create a skin for the renewal client? Or to modify the old skins to fit with the renewal client? I've been googling for hours and have come up with a whole lot of nothing. And my attempts to figure it out myself have resulted in a lot of text overlapping and it's just a big mess. XD; There are a handful of skins people have made, but the variety is severely lacking. So any advice or links people have would be very much appreciated!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
04-27-2013 02:53 PM
Zeena Offline

RE:??Renewal Client, yay or nay?

GM-Pandora Wrote:Zeena: if the patcher works for you, the client will be updated via the patcher, so it's possible you wont have to do anything special.

Oh, alright. Well cool then!
04-27-2013 03:14 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

demishock Wrote:It's looking like "yes" is the majority, so I'm just gonna toss this question out there -

Does anyone know of any good resources on how to create a skin for the renewal client? Or to modify the old skins to fit with the renewal client? I've been googling for hours and have come up with a whole lot of nothing. And my attempts to figure it out myself have resulted in a lot of text overlapping and it's just a big mess. XD; There are a handful of skins people have made, but the variety is severely lacking. So any advice or links people have would be very much appreciated!

Aside from redrawing old skins to make them fit, or drawing new frames for newer skins, I don't see any other possibility, since as far as I know, skins are just images.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
04-27-2013 03:29 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

With the new client, isn't @main removed and replaced with a few options like #main, #vending, and you can implement stuff like #bg so you have have specific channels depending on what you wanna hear?

But a big yes for me. Editable battle mode including 4 bars makes playing and using consumables alot easier. 3 bars of battle mode isnt enough. Not to mention the 10x better storage is always a plus. The bugs are minor and really don't do anything bad. Also the inconvenience you are talking about with the bar going away or having 4 bars open is actually a plus. I like being able to see all the bars incase I forgot which of my 5 converters is on what button or what not. Btw allow RCX on this server imo.
04-29-2013 09:14 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The new client has @main, there's no #vending or #bg command.

Having 4 bars is listed in the features, I don't consider it an inconvenience either.

No to rcx.

~ Server Admin ~
04-29-2013 10:58 PM
Beauty Away
>ω<

But... I have so much (both custom and officials) headgears, pet eggs, other than my gears for all characters, cards, consumables and etc items :< always 1000/1000 even though I made accounts just to keep away things I rarely used like the tons of random weapons, armors or items that I get.

More storage space please /_\

If you are looking for me, send me a pm. I might see it. No1
04-30-2013 04:46 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm sorry you'll have to make do with 1000 Icon_razz

~ Server Admin ~
04-30-2013 08:13 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Damn, thought I had voted.

As if my vote changes anything anyway..

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
04-30-2013 08:54 AM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

Shinibu Wrote:With the new client, isn't @main removed and replaced with a few options like #main, #vending, and you can implement stuff like #bg so you have have specific channels depending on what you wanna hear???

But a big yes for me.??Editable battle mode including 4 bars makes playing and using consumables alot easier.??3 bars of battle mode isnt enough.??Not to mention the 10x better storage is always a plus.??The bugs are minor and really don't do anything bad.??Also the inconvenience you are talking about with the bar going away or having 4 bars open is actually a plus.??I like being able to see all the bars incase I forgot which of my 5 converters is on what button or what not.??Btw allow RCX on this server imo.??

#main and #vending are eamod

demishock Wrote:It's looking like "yes" is the majority, so I'm just gonna toss this question out there -

They're just graphics in the grf, open it up and edit them. I mean, I think that much is allowed.

GM-Pandora Wrote:I'm sorry you'll have to make do with 1000 Icon_razz
rental storage?

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 09:30 AM by Spuznik.)
04-30-2013 09:26 AM