Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transfer
Zeena Offline

Transfer

Short and sweet: we have a banker who can transfer zeny from one account to the other. Why not have the banker (or any other NPC for that matter) that transfers items?

Thoughts?
04-26-2013 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE: Transfer

Having to do transfers with others is a pain on both parties and transferring items has been a source of loads of drama and theft for when people are dumb enough to rely on strangers for it.

This would be great to have and chances are everybody wants it
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 07:36 PM by Weapon.)
04-26-2013 07:35 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I support this idea wholeheartedly, if it's even possible.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
04-26-2013 08:57 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

It'd be convenient, but there are ways to transfer items between accounts that don't break the rules, even if you don't have trustworthy friends!

One is quite risky (depending on your connection and the server's stability) and the other is risky if someone walks in mid transfer.

The Drop transfer!??On one character, drop the stuff you want to xfer on the ground and quickly log out and log in on the other account and race to pick them up before they disappear forever.??Also random peoples can probably show up and pick it up without much evidence left behind for support tickets.

Then you have the shop xfer. In a remote??location of your choosing (preferrably far away from any players or quests), set up a shop with prices your other character can afford and set it to auto-trade.??Log in on the other account and buy your own shop out.??I tend to like placing my xfer shops in buildings since if they do @whosells and it tells them where the shop is, it's harder to tell which building they're in since most town buildings share the same map screen. prt_in is shared by all of the buildings in Prontera.

Downside is if someone does find your shop, before you can log in and get your stuff it's all bye bye, but it does have the bright side in that it'd last much longer than a drop xfer if your connection sucks.

Having an NPC who could transfer??would greatly reduce the amount of worry that surrounds transferring your own stuff,??however I think the issues we've had before have been with refines and cards/enchantments on the armors not showing up on the other side.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 09:11 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-26-2013 09:07 PM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

This feature is known on the renewal client as the mail system, with this incoming client (i guess so, a lot of 'yes' on the thread), we might have it.
And i really don't think you are the only one who suggested this, they must be aware of this Icon_biggrin.
Actually i posted myself this suggestion, Pandora told me there is bugs and exploits on this system, for example you can duplicate your items. Anyway, i am totally up for this if it's a stable system Icon_biggrin.
04-27-2013 09:16 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The mail system existed before the renewal client but there has been a lot of problem with it in private server, a lot of abuse, so we opted out not to have it.

As for a npc to transfer item, there could be problems with upgrades, refine and cards, as oka pointed out. Although it's certainly doable, for now we're not planning on adding such npc, sorry guys! Thanks for the suggestion however.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-27-2013 10:03 AM
Zeena Offline

Bummer. Thanks for the feedback anyways!
04-27-2013 01:08 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE:??Transfer

GM-Pandora Wrote:The mail system existed before the renewal client but there has been a lot of problem with it in private server, a lot of abuse, so we opted out not to have it.

As for a npc to transfer item, there could be problems with upgrades, refine and cards, as oka pointed out. Although it's certainly doable, for now we're not planning on adding such npc, sorry guys! Thanks for the suggestion however.

There is also a way to use the mail services to DUPLICATE an item Icon_wink.
(as if we don't have enough of GRs/MVPs/God items...)
04-28-2013 12:33 AM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Arrrg. I remember hearing about the exploits--there's been more than enough of those over the years.

I wouldn't want to push this issue if there's any chance of that happening, but if there are *known* exploits, shouldn't there also be ways to compensate for them?

Even if it means like... trapping *both* characters inside a transfer room where nobody else can enter when it's in use (much like a DB arena), and not letting either of them out until they're both checked and the transfer's complete, then force-warping both characters back to the mailbox outside in whatever city it's located in. Screenshots of the items you had when you entered would be required for any support at all in the event that the transfer system goes awry and all sessions would be logged. You'll have 1 day to complete the transfer.

...Then again I don't fully understand the game mechanics involved here nor do I know what the exploit *is*. Just throwing out ideas as it'd be very nice to see such a thing in place :\

Meanwhilst if something's uncarded and unupgraded Prontera's mission board's not so bad for this.
04-28-2013 09:18 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

At this point, you might as well allow double client, it's not only transfers that are difficult, partying is literally a pain in the ass because people are always missing some classes and let's be honest, if it's to sit on a door in DG, you don't really need everyone to be actual players to make it work..

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
04-28-2013 10:15 AM