Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Been gone for about 4 years, considering starting up again!
Blob Offline

Been gone for about 4 years, considering starting up again!

Hi there! I used to play on this server about 4 years ago, for around 2 years. I tried out Ragnarok Online 2 today - it suucked - and it made me all nostalgic for good old RO! So I'm considering starting it up again! I was just wondering though, has there been any major changes to the game since 4 years ago? New places, etc? Or is it basically the same?

I had quite a few characters and I know I've probably hoarded a BUNCH of stuff on my alc, so i'm worried that jumping back in is going to be very overwhelming and I won't quite know what to do with myself.

edit: Also, sorry if this is a dumb question, but does HeRO run on mac? (no biggie if not, but would very much prefer it if it's possible!)

Soubi - Sage
Mello - Knight
Altoid - Hunter
Dr. Pepper - Alchemist
Somers Mistress - Priest
Dynamite - Perma Taekwon
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 05:49 AM by Blob.)
05-03-2013 05:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gakkung Offline
Mellow Industries, Founder and CEO

RE: Been gone for about 4 years, considering starting up again!

Hmm....Weba~ Icon_smile

So far, DG has /somehow/ become a more dominant leveling spot than Name. Icon_smileSweat

Poring smash is now an automated Event. Icon_suprised

Hmm..what else, I don't really have any other news to tell......

RO2 was kinda a let down for me too, it was...well.... not as free as RO1.
It was just like one of those over-done MMPORGS, where you had to follow a specific story-line to earn your levels and if you don't you won't even survive the game Cry

as for your question, if HeRO runs on Mac, I have absolutely no idea. Sweat

[Image: 24w4m89.png]
Credits to my sis for the beautiful siggy~

05-03-2013 06:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blob Offline

Not sure what DG, Name or Poring Smash is Icon_biggrin;;

So, HeRO isn't running "Renewal" then?

Soubi - Sage
Mello - Knight
Altoid - Hunter
Dr. Pepper - Alchemist
Somers Mistress - Priest
Dynamite - Perma Taekwon
05-03-2013 06:32 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Welcome back Blob.

You can read the news update and reboot changelog if you wanna get a summary of the things added.
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...&page=last
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...&page=last

We are a pre-renewal server.

DG is short of Dimentional Gorge, it's the place that appeared after Morroc was blown up and such. Name is Nameless.

As for Poring Smash it's an automated event, there's also Fabre Tame and Zombie Run. When an automated event is announce you can make a new novice and participate, instructions are given once inside. More auto events are coming soon.

As far as I know heRO can run on mac with the help of bootcamp (run both mac and win os) or with wine (win emulator), but you have to re-direct the Ip with iptables. There are guides you can google.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-03-2013 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blob Offline

Thanks! Icon_smile

Soubi - Sage
Mello - Knight
Altoid - Hunter
Dr. Pepper - Alchemist
Somers Mistress - Priest
Dynamite - Perma Taekwon
05-03-2013 08:07 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

Hooooo, you should've seen my face when I saw your knight Mello running around in Prontera earlier. You see, just this morning I was looking through old posts and profiles and stumbled on yours. I saw your signature and was like "hm, nice names".

I really shocked myself there when I saw your knight. I was like "omg, he still playsssssss???"

Yep. Anyways, welcome back! I wouldn't know if it's still the same 4 years ago since I wasn't here yet. Hope to meet you in-game/see you around!

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

05-03-2013 10:13 AM
Zeena Offline

Blob Wrote:Hi there! I used to play on this server about 4 years ago, for around 2 years. I tried out Ragnarok Online 2 today - it suucked - and it made me all nostalgic for good old RO! So I'm considering starting it up again! I was just wondering though, has there been any major changes to the game since 4 years ago? New places, etc? Or is it basically the same?

I had quite a few characters and I know I've probably hoarded a BUNCH of stuff on my alc, so i'm worried that jumping back in is going to be very overwhelming and I won't quite know what to do with myself.

edit: Also, sorry if this is a dumb question, but does HeRO run on mac? (no biggie if not, but would very much prefer it if it's possible!)

Welcome back! You look vaguely familiar~

I'm pretty sure everyone else has covered it... DG, Poring Smash events... And we're getting Renewal soonish.

As for the Mac part, I currently run RO on my Mac, and I could probably help you if you needed it! Icon_smile
05-03-2013 11:49 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE:??Been gone for about 4 years, considering starting up again!

Zeena Wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone else has covered it... DG, Poring Smash events... And we're getting Renewal soonish.

Sorry, I just had to correct this, but we are not getting Renewal mechanics. We're only getting the client. Information on what that entails is on the thread "Renewal Client Yay or Nay?" Icon_biggrin

05-03-2013 01:52 PM