Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multi-purpose weapon
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Multi-purpose weapon

Okay, I'm thinking about making a weapon that can do well in most situations I can come across (like ToH, you never know what you'll find in the monster trial, and elemental weapons might not always be the best to use).

For the moment I'm thinking of??keeping my champ in combo mode, aiming for 110 or 120 str overall, and??using a +10 Barrage fist (with fur seal card to keep my aco card combo active for generic whatnot because I like that +10 vit and Lvl 10 autoheal chance, and the high resistance to both demons and undead is pretty nice too!).

Barring the obvious MVP cards that cover everything and are well outside my range of patience and budget (damn you Turtle General Cards!!), what??card(s) would most likely cover the majority of what I could possibly encounter?

I was thinking skeleton worker, but was thinking that 3 Skel workers in one weapon might be a tad on the weaker side for a weapon like that.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 06:12 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-07-2013 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: Multi-purpose weapon

3 Zipper bears!

05-07-2013 06:22 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Zipper bear isn't bad, but not great either since champ likes to eat through mp to be able to combo.

The seal card thing isn't horrible also because you get some flee and hit which you can always use on a class like combo champ. Then you also get a fun +9 crit bonus to demons.

3 Skeleton Worker cards isn't too bad, you would get 15 atk from it....don't know if most monsters in ToH are medium though.

Hey, Seal card apparently also gives you +9 crit vs demons and undead, you can also consider going further with the crit by adding 3 Skeleton Soldier cards to it. The crit might even be helpful vs the higher def monsters that sometimes pop up in ToH too. :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-07-2013 06:35 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Multi-purpose weapon

Aaronock Wrote:Zipper bear isn't bad, but not great either since champ likes to eat through mp to be able to combo.

The seal card thing isn't horrible also because you get some flee and hit which you can always use on a class like combo champ.??Then you also get a fun +9 crit bonus to demons.

3 Skeleton Worker cards isn't too bad, you would get 15 atk from it....don't know if most monsters in ToH are medium though.

Hey, Seal card apparently also gives you +9 crit vs demons and undead, you can also consider going further with the crit by adding 3 Skeleton Soldier cards to it. The crit might even be helpful vs the higher def monsters that sometimes pop up in ToH too. :D
Hmm, might have to downgrade to Andre card if I choose to go that route then.

I hadn't really thought of going critical, but since fury is pretty much required to be maxed for dangerous soul collect it is a valid option,??though I don't think my stats would influence my crit rate much XD. And seeing as how monster trials refill hp/sp after each round, the SP recovery isn't as big as an issue.

Was under the impression the vast majority of official and custom mobs were medium sized, covering most of the undead race, a lot of the formless race, more than a few brutes and even players (assuming they're not on peco or baby). Even a lot of the plant monsters are medium if not small. Maybe that's just a gamble that the GM's might pick that size group =x, but as you said, the +atk is still there just in case.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 07:16 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-07-2013 07:11 PM
Kalgas Offline

If you're going +Atk, go with Hillsrion instead of Andre
05-07-2013 07:43 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

If you're like me and don't use the combos too often (I'm SP stingy), a Berserk is a nice all-around weapon to Triple Attack the crap out of monsters. Although you will have to slot it to put a Seal card on it =P

05-07-2013 11:13 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

I do tend to use combos more sparingly when I'm not mobbed.Hmm, At least it's not an S-rank slot.??Still cost me an arm and a leg to get it, get it slotted successfully and over-refine it.

I forget, was that a part of the level 4 weapon quests? or was it purely from the High priest MVP?
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 11:20 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-07-2013 11:19 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Both I think? I got mine from people trying to get Rudra Bows (and failing xD).

05-08-2013 02:23 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Berserks at one point were really cheap too due to the many rudra bows being made.

Not so sure now on the price, that was a couple years ago now. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-08-2013 06:53 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

I am a supporter of *custom?* multi-purpose weapons. Here key for me is a elemental sword < monster kills via elemental wings and AD weapon.

Please when considering such ideas remember slot(s).

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
05-08-2013 08:18 AM