Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel
Menace651 Offline

Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel

Just wanted to offer some feedback on the New Muspel Changes and the player activated Mini Muspel event.

Overall, I like the changes better. It prevents lone players from solo powering through the entire event while parties have to struggle to collect enough sparks to move their party on. It also forces people to cooperate a little bit more with others to progress.

Changes I would Recommend
Normal Muspel
-Lower number of Mustipel Tree Monsters or increase their chance of dropping Sparks to make them worthwhile to fight. They are hard to kill and take up much of your precious time in Muspel.
-Increase spawn time of Selkies. With 12 Selkies you would need 12 good killers at each spawn. That is something that is hard to get with a small server population. Also 30% of classes that enter are going to be support classes that cant effectively kill Selkies. Maybe increase spawn time or make Selkies easier.

Mini Muspel
-Mini Muspel is pretty much the same thing as Normal Muspel it's just player activated, has less time and a faster revive timer. If anything it's much harder since you have less time and you must farm enough sparks for everyone in the event to move onto the second stage. I think lowering Mustipel Tree mobs will help. They seem to take the most time in the first stage to kill. And maybe increase the time to 40 minutes instead of 30 minutes?
-Increase the time between the ativation of the event and the time the portal opens. I think it's currently 3 minutes which hardly leaves enough time for people to organize parties or gear. Also the fact that it isn't pre-scheduled like Normal Muspel can catch players off guard while they are doing other things. Increase it to around 5-10 minutes.

That's all i can think of for now. I haven't made it to the last part of Muspel yet so don't have anything to recommend there.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
05-07-2013 11:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel

Thanks, already planning some changs of my own, but I appreciate the feedback.

Edit: by the way there are 10 selkies, not 12.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-08-2013 08:11 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Menace651 Wrote:-Increase spawn time of Selkies. With 12 Selkies you would need 12 good killers at each spawn. That is something that is hard to get with a small server population. Also 30% of classes that enter are going to be support classes that cant effectively kill Selkies. Maybe increase spawn time or make Selkies easier.

Only this and I would be happy

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
05-08-2013 03:23 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

I couldn't agree more with Menace651

Anyways. The mimi muspel. It is nice to have the option in events that can be hosted. However in the back of my mind there was the nagging feeling of is this a bad idea.

(ps all this is based on Menace651's discussion) Can mini muspel not be less party dependent? aka weaker monsters lower drop chances?
Otherwise can a like a outline be provided for how a mini muspel should be approach and what player number is required for some measure of success like in poring smash.

(still nonetheless planning to devote event bags to obtain more enriched elunium)

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 04:36 PM by Seth~.)
05-08-2013 04:21 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE:??Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel

Seth~ Wrote:Can mini muspel <s>not</s> be less party dependent?

I'm pretty sure he meant that it NOT be so party-dependent.

And I agree. I generally do a lot of soloing for almost everything I do, it would be nice if there were some awesome/late-game custom combat maps that weren't tailored towards requiring a small army to make it through/survive (i.e., orcus dungeon.)

Totally holding on to all those event bags until The Fix?, if there's heavy problems in muspels >.>;;
05-09-2013 07:24 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

RE: ??Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel

Weapon Wrote:requiring a small army to make it through/survive (i.e., orcus dungeon.)
Two people are enough for survive and kill Orcus

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
05-09-2013 09:03 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I do like the mini-muspels as they might make the Eye of Surtur cards more accessible and Sage leveling will become easy! *-* gotta love that lightning bolt siroma card.

Frost driver and destroy EVERYTHING!

I'd be more worried about sparks and doing the latter parts if enriched ores and siegfried tokens were tradeable. Until then they're just good OC-fodder.

As for the actual muspel-
Perhaps there could be a penalty for failure for the entire server, like it decreases the exp/drop rates for the server by 1 for an hour when Surtur wins. It just seems kinda lame when you have him going "Durr hurr hur I win!" after all of that build up with opening dimensions and talking about destroying the rainbow bridge and all.

It wouldn't make as much sense for it to be done with mini-muspel since someone (with an event bag) is actively intruding on his domain and provoking him into doing his thing. With actual muspel, I'm assuming it's Surtur attempting to break out of his dimensional prison and doing evil on his own volition.
05-09-2013 09:17 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE:??Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel

The Legendary Joe Wrote:As for the actual muspel-
Perhaps there could be a penalty for failure for the entire server, like it decreases the exp/drop rates for the server by 1 for an hour when Surtur wins. It just seems kinda lame when you have him going "Durr hurr hur I win!" after all of that build up with opening dimensions and talking about destroying the rainbow bridge and all.

It wouldn't make as much sense for it to be done with mini-muspel since someone (with an event bag) is actively intruding on his domain and provoking him into doing his thing. With actual muspel, I'm assuming it's Surtur attempting to break out of his dimensional prison and doing evil on his own volition.

I love this broad idea. How about after failure Surtur event < break out of the dimension and attack prontera/or other < with server wide warning >

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
05-09-2013 02:33 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Lowering server rates after a failure is a perfect way to punish players for not participating in an optional event (or for participating and failing). Do not want.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-09-2013 03:41 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE: ??Feedback for New Muspel/Mini Muspel

cane 33 Wrote:Two people

Weapon Wrote:soloing