Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Epic/Legendary Hero Quest
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Epic/Legendary Hero Quest

A true hero should be well traveled and experienced. While a big optional point, most heroes strive to help those they meet along the way. A large part of this process is what we know and love as questing.

What I propose is a new quest that requires an obscene number of other quests before it, as well as being reborn or extended classes, and have a massive amount of Allegiance points. In the end, it'd provide you with experience, potential parties in rarely seen places, and awesome sauce custom gears based on class.

For starters, this quest would not work if you haven't done the monster extermination quest for that month. And they'd have to have all of the towns and dungeons unlocked.

perhaps it could involve some things in the Timeless Room with the Zodiac Wings.

Speaking of Wings, what exactly do we know about Sir Hemerald, the man who invented the four elemental wings of this world? Perhaps we could have new custom quests expanding on the history of the Master (and perhaps his four pupils as well.) In game, very little is actually explained about them and it's basically a fetch quest

Aside from those quests I have envisioned being a part of this are-
Sisterly Affection I & II
Wandering Spirit
Thanatos Tower Party Quest
Peace for Arunafeltz
Nameless Island Entrance Quest
The Crow of Destiny
the Gonryun Chief's Quest
Poison King Quest
Heart Fragment Quest
Banish Winter
Koschei the Immortal
Kiel Hyre Quest (yes Killing the quest kiel would be required)
Juperos Ruins History
Footprint Quest in Ayothaya
Rebellion Quest
The Sign Quest
Biological Weapon Quest
Eye of Hellion
The Rogue Guild Investigation Quest
Z-Gang Quest
Broken Diamond Quest
and if it's Possible to complete at this time the Return of the Wise King.

Potentially in the future, this list can be modified with more custom quests, or add in a Tie in with the Trials of HeRO.. For the most part these quests are condensed down to the final quest in their chain. However I wouldn't require them to be nobles to do this, as I feel that'd be far too exclusive to make it worth it.

While in the long run this would involve to talking to a lot of NPC's and going back and forth and relaying messages and what not, it's pretty un-avoidable that a quest of this scale would have to have fetch quest portions.

They'd have drops from the dragons in abyss, to the clones in the biolabs, from the demons of the Interdimensional Gorge, Nameless, and Odin's Temple, to the fires thor's volcano. There should be things like Finding heaven in Freya's grace (Rachel Sanctuary dungeon is referred to as the Holy Ground in game), to deepening your exploration into the pits of Hell (new and undiscovered Niflheim maps perchance?)

All the while furthering the Philosophical and Spiritual journey of your character. Of course the reward should be super good for having to go through all of that... Assuming they haven't already 99'ed through all of the quests required to get here, they'd be rich from all of the experiences they've endured, they'd be wiser from all, if not most of their mistakes, and in the end they'd be stronger for it all.

For the rewards, its kind of a grey area for me, trying to think of what would be so awesome that you'd willingly go through all of that. Perhaps they could be custom equipments (dependent on class). Perhaps it could be an NPC that'd only talk to you after you've finished that'd sell you enriched ores. Perhaps it could be a scroll of some sort that guarantees 1 successful refine. The sky's the limit!
05-28-2013 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: Epic/Legendary Hero Quest

Oh gahd. My mind is drooling already from reading this. JOIN T&D AND MAKE THE QUEST ALREADY Cry

05-28-2013 03:34 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

RE:??Epic/Legendary Hero Quest

Mr. Charcanine Wrote:Oh gahd. My mind is drooling already from reading this. JOIN T&D AND MAKE THE QUEST ALREADY Cry

Because my message would be redundant... Cry

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
05-28-2013 07:42 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

When it comes to great ideas like this the largest problem is scripting the quest.

If you take the initiative to tackle this epic and amazingly complex scripting, and bring that to the GM team, your battle is half won and will only need testing and minor adjustments.

I would strongly suggest diving into T&D and trying to help out on one of the smaller scripting projects to get your feet wet so you know what you're doing before you try to create this monster of a quest, but I wish you good luck in making it.
05-29-2013 12:25 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

N> This.

I've already have a similar idea. I was planning on taking up scripting so that if I ever got an idea, I wouldn't have to wait for someone to script for me. The problem is that, I don't know anything about scripting, but if someone were to dump sites of learning for me, I wouldn't mind either.

(Basically, anyone who has knowledge of scripting, if you're interested in helping me learn, I'd be willing to accept.)

EDIT: As for the idea itself, I really love it. I've already seen many suggestions connected to the Light&Dark Allegiances that would make it interesting. We just need a little programming, that's all.

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2013 01:08 AM by Sen.)
05-29-2013 01:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
formerGM-Lassander Offline

Okay, so I'm also just going to drop a shameless plug for the test and dev team. We (or more I) am looking for someone to teach how to script. There are a couple of strait forward scripts that need to be made and I think it would be a good learning opportunity for someone. This basic level of experience would put you in the correct direction for start to give you some of the experience you'd need to script something like this.

TL;DR

Test and dev needs more active members! apply today!

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
05-29-2013 05:57 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

...Well why didn't you say so? When can we start? :D

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
05-29-2013 06:24 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Is Radiance still the one taking applications?
05-29-2013 07:00 AM
formerGM-Lassander Offline

Yes Sirs!

I should note however it's not my call for a quest like this to be added. I just think that joining the test and dev and learning to script would be the first step for whoever wants to step up and do it to have a chance at it getting added.

Looking at my schedule with what is in the works already it'd be at least 6 months before this even got looked at if it were approved and I was the one to make it.

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
05-29-2013 08:19 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Spoiler/Plug for T&D and the T&D section of the forums-

If you're a super go getter and willing to fail a lot while learning, there are some AMAZING links in the T&D section in the pinned threads (Scripting HeRO 101) that can at least give you a bunch of tools to work with when trying to start on your scripting epic path of epicness.

From my experience with stuff getting implemented on the server; the more people you have supporting your thing, the better it is that you're going to get it off the ground. If you have a GM (or two) to back you up and push it on the GM side and a handful of people willing to test on the test server, just about anything you make can and will get through, but you just have to come with a finished draft of the product. If you show up with something half done and no support, it'll never make it server side, but if you're carrying in a finished product and have people that are willing to bug test it and make sure it works, you'll get in a lot faster than you expect.

Shoot, if you're pro enough you can even get it in without testing. *cough* Orcus *cough*
05-29-2013 09:33 AM