Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about server
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: Question about server

I think the only bannable afk-levelling is auto-following, botting, and AFK homunc levelling (which can easily be avoided with resting the homunc as mentioned). Leeching in a party or from a person is allowed because of that 2 minute stop thing. And I don't think resting your homunc is really a big deal if you just wanna get a cookie xD.

07-07-2013 05:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nachi Offline

If~ it's like that it would be fine, but it really sounded to me like you could get banned while going to the kitchen and pouring yourself a glass of milk, which would be ridiculous imo. Thinking

Maybe i misunderstood, then it's really fine.
07-07-2013 05:46 AM
former-GM-Pixel Offline

In all honestly i'm a little bugged by the fact that you call it threatening players with bans :/ I am simply answering questions that where asked, these are our server rules, so i simply explained them. I didn't make them up, i'm simply explaining how it works.

If you stick to the rules there should be no fear to get banned. The rule says, no botting, no macroing and no AFK leveling. So if you wanna sit afk on a monster map when you're solo, no GM is gonna ban you because you are just sitting there.

The no AFK-leveling rule is mostly there to avoid people autofollowing people without doing anything but still gaining exp. Autofollowing can easily be abused, therefor we have our no afk leveling rule. You can autofollow anyone as long as you can pass a bot check, its just simple as that.

As a GM the last thing i'd wanna do is stress a player out with a bot/macro/afk leveling check, however its simply part of my job. I don't really like scaring people or making them upset with a bot check but i still have to do them anyway. Whats the use of rules when no one is gonna make sure they are followed :/

There is no GM who will ban someone after not responding to them for a few seconds, we have our methods to check on people and its not like we will pass down any bans after failing with the first method. I seriously doubt any GM enjoys punishing players but keep in mind its the players who hold the responsibility for their own account, not the GMs.

I'm not trying to blunt in any way with this response but if does sound like that then i'm sorry...

[Image: 2mxg6zd.jpg]
Curious: heRO wiki
Trouble: Support Ticket
Expression: RMS page
Vote for Points
Social: Facebook
07-07-2013 05:48 AM
Nachi Offline

Aww Pixel, it's not about you or other gms. It's just about facts.
I don't want to feel like i'm doing something wrong when i go afk in a party or with my homun out (though of course i can rest it, most of the time i just don't think of it ._."). Or that a gm might come over and there might be trouble. XD
It hasn't happened and probably won't happen, but it's a bit like with parking tickets. I got recorded by the police and sent a bill once, when i was away from my car, going to the ticket machine and getting the ticket. So i had to pay double. It won't happen often, but it can still happen. It's that kinda thing.

I'd better let it rest now, because if it's just auto-following, then it won't concern me as i never do that.
Cheer up dude!

(Btw, i somehow feel like we had that conversation before. XD Hope it's just my imagination.)
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 06:13 AM by Nachi.)
07-07-2013 06:09 AM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Best practice: Rest homunc, alt+x, character select screen. Consider that your pause button when you're not at the keyboard or in town. This'll keep your character safe in the event you are in a party on a map with a wandering MVP that could wipe the party or get you killed while you're gone and makes failing a botcheck impossible.

If you're doing some sort of farming in hidden dungeon, stay at your computer and vigilant. A simple tap keeps you active. When fishing/mining I just cast resurrect-homunculus when an enemy shows up and it tells the server you're alive and awake.

Not sure how the GM's do this but botchecks don't seem to happen that often, in 4-5 years of playing here I've only been checked maybe 4 times D:\ It doesn't mean you should be careless, but as long as you stay in check with the rules you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure they're just after the people who will leave the game running and farming unattended for a long time.
07-07-2013 07:57 AM